Deer hunting pcp

Remington sells more than 1 million rounds of ammo each year so the problem in terms of availability is with foolish nuts hoarding a 30 year supply "just in case". The leading cause of death is from heat as a result of global warming so "end of days" has already arrived. More likely to get shot by a LEO with an assault rifle and then it really does not matter how many guns you own or how much ammo you choose to hoard.

The gun requirements are designed to insure a clean kill even with all the poor shots walking around and hunting. The higher the caliber and FPE the more likely that the shock will kill the animal and not the amount of blood loss (important with an arrow).

I have taken three white tailed deer with my .357

Evanix Windy City .357

Jager .357

Two were two lungs an heart shots.

The third was a brain shot placed among the eyes and the horns. Already dead when still on feet. The deer was corn feeding:

DSC00028.1633056890.JPG

Next a picture taken from the video when the deer is falling down. Did not gave a step!!!!... Dead on it's tracks!

IMG_20210930_231241585.1633061818.jpg

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Air force makes good big bore air rifles capable of taking deer at 100 yards or a little more. I would get 45 or 50 caliber. There are a few others but I would shop for something with at least 500 fpe. (in powder burners the usual rule is 1000 ft lbs minimum)

Smaller air rifles, through at least 30 caliber, could kill a deer with a brain shot but may or may not be legal where you live. 357 is kind of in-between. Lots of you tube videos showing successful hunts but I'm sure there are others too. Power is about like a 38 special. Wouldn't really recommend it. If you miss a major bone you should get to the vitals but you won't shoot through a good sized deer.

45 is good

Last edited:
There will never be that much **** hitting the fan, so you might as well be legal and knowledgeable about it. Just keep in mind that 1 FPE per pound of body weight is a good rule of thumb. In Texas our Parks and Wildlife used 1.25 FPE per pound when they set our minimum requirement for Deer at 30 caliber, 150 grain and 215 FPE.

That sounds pretty well thought out for airgunning, really.