Deer hunting in Missouri

Hey fellows just wanted to see if there were any other deer hunters on here from Missouri, I'm in the Kansas City area and have a fellow airgun hunter that lives close so far we haven't scored this year but it was fun being out in the woods hunting with my Bandit 50 shooting hunter supply 185gr hp at 50yds you can cover 3 shots with a quarter pretty good for this shakey ole man.

I grew up in the KC area, literally in a sporting goods store, and we lived on the Kansas side. As a result, I had dual residency, and didn't have to have an out of state license in Missouri. That was good, but from a hunters standpoint, the seasons in both Kansas and Missouri are quite lacking, even today!

First, you'd best check the rules about what you can and can't shoot with an airgun as both states are behind the times. The same goes for small game, because there are still seasons for rabbit, squirrels, and other similar small game. 

Here in New Mexico, there are no closed seasons for most small game (squirrels, coyotes, rabbits, hares, skunks, and about a dozen others), and airguns are allowed as well. Feral pigs aren't protected either. And, if you're interested in big game, Himalayan Tahr are unprotected (except for one county), and you can use an airgun for them too, but it should be a big bore (≥357). 

So drive about a thousand miles, buy an OOS license ($75), and enjoy the hunt!

I'm in the St. Louis area. I love to airgun hunt but I don't have an airgun capable of taking deer with. My son did take a nice doe with the .243 this year. Good luck out there! Your fellow airgun and deer hunters are rooting for you!

moairgunner I could use some of those rabbits. My kids and I love to rabbit hunt and I just purchased a property that has no rabbits. The damn cats have them extinct. I have trapped 19 cats in about a year off that property. I have them thinned out pretty well. I'm going to try to trap rabbits elsewhere and populate my property. I have a nice field for them and I have brush piles made for them. Man I need some bunnies!