• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Deciding on a PCP Differences between a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR and XR?

Hey AGN, trying to narrow my search down for my first PCP. It's been a World Wind. LOL I've changed my mind soooo many times. So, I really like the features and size of the Brocock Bantam Sniper XR, however, I need everything to get started shooting. I've seen some Sniper HR's for a little more reasonable price. Besides the Side Lever cocking on the XR, what other differences are there? Is the shooting and accuracy the same? Thanks for your help.

Rodney

The accuracy on my Bantam Sniper HR is phenomenal. I’m still very, very happy with mine. The handling, reliability, shot count, and accuracy sold me from the start. The XR is just more of a good thing. I don’t believe there is a difference in practical accuracy between the lineups.

Fantastic this really helps. Thanks 

Rodney

If you have not seen this video already, check it out. Donny goes over a lot of the improvements of the newer XR line. If I was buying a Brocock, I would spend a little more & get this one. I wasn’t a huge fan of their bolt action. At least on my gun (a Compatto) it would make the bolt jump and loose the O-Ring in the breech. Huge PITA. I am pretty sure that the lever action on this gun would not allow for that. Some other folk did not experience this, but I did. 
https://youtu.be/COJ0qKmJPd8
Good luck & keep us posted!

If you have not seen this video already, check it out. Donny goes over a lot of the improvements of the newer XR line. If I was buying a Brocock, I would spend a little more & get this one. I wasn’t a huge fan of their bolt action. At least on my gun (a Compatto) it would make the bolt jump and loose the O-Ring in the breech. Huge PITA. I am pretty sure that the lever action on this gun would not allow for that. Some other folk did not experience this, but I did. 

https://youtu.be/COJ0qKmJPd8

Good luck & keep us posted!

Great video. Thanks for the info on the bolt. Something to consider. 

The accuracy on my Bantam Sniper HR is phenomenal. I’m still very, very happy with mine. The handling, reliability, shot count, and accuracy sold me from the start. The XR is just more of a good thing. I don’t believe there is a difference in practical accuracy between the lineups.
Totally agree,L.Leon I have both the .22 xr magnum and, also I have the Bantam HR Hp .22. They ,to me ,are just about identical save for the side lever cocking on the Xr.The Bantam HR HP is still 44 fpe with redesign monsters just like the XR, and just as accurate.

Last edited: