Deciding next airgun for a purpose ( out to 100 yards with pellets on birds/small pests )... please chime in

Both of these are considerations, I didn't want to dip into fx their hype makes me wanna not have one but the crown has always been a little shiny in my eye, the raw i like too but I am trying to keep my rifles as compact as possible since they are for hunting purposes,
Take a good look at the new Daystate Revere.....I had an older Regal, best sporter carbine PCP I've ever shot, very compact, light, accurate and simple.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
id say if we're being real here, 100y shots on small animals isnt very ethical .. its basically using live animals as moving targets for playtime, you can get closer ... can some of those nicer guns make those kindof shots, sure, my cayden will do it and if theres a predator sitting out there across the street scoping oit my chickens i'll nail it from the window, multiple times if needed lol .. but is it ethical to just pop tweety birds and other small stuff way out there just livin large and minding their own business .. no

Reactions: RWC123 and Stone02
id say if we're being real here, 100y shots on small animals isnt very ethical .. its basically using live animals as moving targets for playtime, you can get closer ... can some of those nicer guns make those kindof shots, sure, my cayden will do it and if theres a predator sitting out there across the street scoping oit my chickens i'll nail it from the window, multiple times if needed lol .. but is it ethical to just pop tweety birds and other small stuff way out there just livin large and minding their own business .. no

Maybe not with your shooting but I am very confident with mine out to that range. My Taipan .25 was MOA at 115 with 33.95 as long as you did your part and at that range was still making 28 fpe .... thats more than enough energy.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
You know my feelings on the crown. I own 2 for that reason. Both mine are 600 barrels, but at the velocity you’re looking for, a 380 will do just fine, and be more compact.

I am seriously considering a crown as well. Are they really as delicate and sensitive to slight bumps as some say? Causing POI shifts?

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I am seriously considering a crown as well. Are they really as delicate and sensitive to slight bumps as some say? Causing POI shifts?

I have two of them. My synthetic has the 600 mm barrel and I have whacked it several times while getting used to that extra length. Not one POI shift yet. Couple of those bumps were pretty good on the end of the barrel coming from the side too.
Those two Crowns make #4 & 5 FX rifles for me and I have yet to experience the dread POI shift.

What could it be

Screenshot_20221207_070506_Chrome.jpg

Sheesh and you ONLY bought 24 of them? ;)

Since you bought from Pyramid I guess that rules out Taipan, Uragan, EdGun, RTI, Daystate and Brocock brands. That narrows the guesswork down considerably. I guess I vote that its a Crown.
That order has been in there for so long every time I open up PA haha, i did get a bulk order of ammo, a scope, rings, and some targets while I was at it.

So... not anything previously mentioned, not a bullpup, and available at PA.

View attachment 311659

My SWAG:

View attachment 311660
Greg I eyed this!!! it was a strong consideration, but not it .... I am thinking about posting shooting results first and listing the ammo I shoot and chrono numbers I set it at and let everyone guess. Sunday will be shooting it at 35/50/75/100 yards. As long as PA gets it to me when they say they will.

Reactions: wolfmangreg