Deciding next airgun for a purpose ( out to 100 yards with pellets on birds/small pests )... please chime in

So I have my little wolfpack down pat with the exception of one thing , long distance shots where collateral damage needs to be considered.... say 80 yards to the top of a silo and be ethical about it
My taipan is super impressive and is my dedicated night gun, small game gun

My caiman is awesome and is my walk around stalk gun for pests , I really friggen love that thing

My uragan has cured my need for power and can take deer and coyote with ease and be my accurate 100 yard hunter

What I'm lacking is, a traditional style rifle for those long shots on the farms at chucks/birds, and it needs to be a pellet rifle as I don't like collateral damage. I do love .25 33.95 jsb and I don't have a .25 , I also kno that pellet is capable of 100 yard, ethical kill shots (obviously depends on the animal)

One option, as much as it pains me because I hate the fanboy hype... is the crown 380mm in .25

The other obvious option is another taipan long .25 but I REALLY don't want another bullpup especially if I'm dedicating a rifle to those longer shots , (again 80 yards to the top of the silo).... I would prefer to keep it a 25 , I think the 34 grain pellet is perfect to retain enough energy down range without retaining too much as to damage things The .22 is not really anything I'm considering and I do not want a .30 for this

Reactions: ThomasT
34gn jsbs hold lots of energy downrange.

if you want less chance of damaging something after passing through an animal id go for a lighter weight pellet.

or maybe a lightweight slug,
they dump more energy into the target,
so in theory should have less energy after a passthrough

A 33.95 running 870fps will hold 35 fpe at 100 yards which isn't terrible , its the same energy I am shooting my .22s at the same targets at the 30-55 yard mark but I do think you're onto something , I loved the 33.95 though, it was so damn accurate and it really did well with the wind..

Maybe I should look at a .22 with the 25.39? my concern is bucking wind and I really do not want to get into shooting slugs at these targets as the tuning/etc isn't worth it to me nor do I want that retained energy.

Dumping more energy into the target...That is if the target has enough mass for the slug to expand at the speed its traveling , I am not sure that birds have that mass.

This is exactly why I came here to discuss, this is the kind of thought and info I needed to be brought to the table

Check into the American Air Arms line.
The EVOL guns are tough, shoot well, nice triggers. Their only downfall (to me), is that the regulator isn't very easily adjustable, but the hammer spring is.
There's a video, about torture testing an EVOL Mini, and a couple others. The EVOL is the only one that made it through with only visible scars, but still 100% usable and accurate.

Mike

Check into the American Air Arms line.
The EVOL guns are tough, shoot well, nice triggers. Their only downfall (to me), is that the regulator isn't very easily adjustable, but the hammer spring is.
There's a video, about torture testing an EVOL Mini, and a couple others. The EVOL is the only one that made it through with only visible scars, but still 100% usable and accurate.

Mike
The evol line is something I have always wanted to own, i wish they made the evol in .25!!!

Reactions: Mr.H
Look at a RAW HM1000x LRT and an FX Crown GRS both come in .25.
Both of these are considerations, I didn't want to dip into fx their hype makes me wanna not have one but the crown has always been a little shiny in my eye, the raw i like too but I am trying to keep my rifles as compact as possible since they are for hunting purposes,

Reactions: Ranchibi
Fitting your description, hmmm, What comes to mind would be the vulcan 2 tactic, brocock commander, air arms has a non bull pup design. Daystate hunstman regal- pretty sure they have a 25 cal. Zbroia sapsan- not sure if it's a 25 cal
Air arms definitely seem like a good rifle, I just do not know enough about them

something to consider on the FX Crown 380mm set up, Is shot count part of the equation?

That 380mm barrel takes a Lot of air to get high velocity.

Just pointing it out in case...

Good Luck on your quest amigo !

I am super self sufficient with air , shot count is of no concern but a great point

I would throw the Huben .25 cal in the mix for damn sure.

Short
Shoulders well
Stupid power if you want it
Semi Auto
Accurate with pellets and slugs

My 2021 Limited Edition is shooting 33.95 pellets moa at 102 yards if i do my part
With the ZAN .253, 6.41, 33gr slugs it shoots sub moa at 102 if i do my part

Like the gun so much i bought a 2022 in .22 cal !

** EDIT ** Sorry i just saw you were looking for a " Traditional Gun "
My Next Long Gun will be a RAW in .25, from what all i have read and heard from trusted owners the trigger is supposed to be outstanding..

IMG_0487.jpg

Last edited:
I have both a Uragan 1 and Brocock sniper XR magnum in .25. The Brocock is longer, but is more "traditional" I enjoy both of them. The Brocock is quieter that the Uragan as I have an Impulse moderator on the BRK and an AGT on the Uragan. But at 100 yards, your prey will not be hearing much and if so wondering who farted! I like the Brocock as I can turn down the power easily to change it to shoot in a shorter distance without a massive amount of pass through. I just put the new Arken ELP4 6x24 on it and am really happy with the combo.

Reactions: ThomasT