• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Deciding between Donny FL Shogun, Ronin, Emperor & Huma 50

Wanting to buy a big moderator to tame my Huben K1!

In case some one finds this helpful
Generally, the bigger the moderator the better.
Volume of cylinder = π(rxr)h

Shogun (d1.6”xh8”) – Vol = 16.08
Ronin (2”x6.25”) – Vol = 19.63
Huma 50 (1.97”x8.66”) – Vol = 26.38
Emperor (2”x10.5”) – Vol = 32.97

emperor is too big for anything but a big bore your hunting from a blind with imo, carry around that big thing youll be knocking it into everything and putting it in the dirt .. sumo is kindof a good size for alot of things and really works well especially with a shroud .. ronin is gonna be fatter, if you need clearance at the end for filling it will likely require removing, otherwise why not ..

Reactions: Ezana4CE
None of the above.....Had a few DonnyFL's, good stuff but there are waaaaay better out there. Highly recommend Silent Thunder Ordnance, have the Falx on my compact and the Sarissa on my Vet Standard, I haven't seen a quieter moderator than STO. but if you're still looking for a DonnyFL - I have a Ronin I'll be selling here shortly on ebay. Note, this pic, is a Weihrauch on the compact, waiting for the machine shop to finish up my LW poly barrel, won't fit with the shorter CZ barrel + shroud.

20220705_143503.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dyn11
I had a Donny Ronin on my Taipan Vet .25, shooting JSB 25.39 at 940 fps. It was quiet, but I got tired of the big soup can on the end of the barrel. I put a Huggett Belita on and it was noticeably quieter. yes, I know this goes against the bigger is better theory, but my results proved differently. All I can hear is the hammer slap.YMMV The Belita 4.7L x 1.2" D and weighs 3.4 ounces. If you glance at the rifle, you can't tell it's on there

IMG_2071.jpg

Wanting to buy a big moderator to tame my Huben K1!

In case some one finds this helpful
Generally, the bigger the moderator the better.
Volume of cylinder = π(rxr)h

Shogun (d1.6”xh8”) – Vol = 16.08
Ronin (2”x6.25”) – Vol = 19.63
Huma 50 (1.97”x8.66”) – Vol = 26.38
Emperor (2”x10.5”) – Vol = 32.97
Skip that crap, get a Silent Thunder Ordnance moderators
I use his Accipiter, considered the quietest
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 11.37.37 AM.jpg