Decent hearing protection?

I bought what I could afford in this regard, so I wonder what you guys think of these Caldwell electronic headphone noise protectors? They have stereo mics to amplify sound below 85 decibels, & cut it above that. Darn Osage range bag was to be delivered today, but nada yet? Anyway, here they are. Being Caldwell brand, I thought they'd be okay?
IMG_0301.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG_0305.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
And the range bag should look like this
8ec2d67b-27d2-4943-a778-464faf1b12b4_1.c509e05338a07faf9a60713a406ed1fc.jpeg

This is all my understanding - take it for what it's worth -

Most muffs are manufactured the same way, a plastic cup with lots of noise absorbing foam that clamps over the ears. The manufacturers usually list any safety specs the muffs fit, and after that it's all about comfort. For Sound deadening, I really can't tell the difference between my Harbor Freight cheapies that start at $2.00 with the MUCH more expensive muffs.

​Comfort wise, there's a major difference. 

​There's also a couple types of the noise canceling muffs like the E-Max and the Harbor Freight version. Those two contain a microphone, so when someone talks to you, you can hear them even though you are wearing the muffs. When someone shoots and the sound is over 85 db, the little speaker shuts off, so the sound is deadened. Not fond of this technology, seems kind of poor advertising as it's not the true sound deadening that I was hoping for. The sound deadening is still just whatever the sound insulation in the ear muff deadens, nothing truly electronic.

I have a set of Sony headphones designed for airline travel. They analyze the ambient sound, and produce a counter sinewave sound acting sound that neutralizes the sound you are really trying to deaden. Don't know if that's available for shooting, but sure is nice on airlines.

​Short of the Sony version described above, the Caldwell's are about as good as you can get from what I've seen. No rocket science about it, just a cup stuffed with foam that clamps over your ear. 

It works.