N/A Decent compact bullpups ~24" OAL??

Why are there no decent/Budget compact bullpups out there? Sure one can get a Edgun Lelya 2.0, the old Taipan Vet shorts were great, and I believe the Uragan Compacts are in that size range also, but none are cheap in the least bit. I'd buy something in the $500 range if I could get something in the 24" range that's quiet and a decent trigger. Oh and like 5lbs. Power wise I'm good with 20fpe max, but really 15fpe is perfect for my short range needs. Is it that hard to make a decent bullpup? My Notos is great but you know what be even better? A bullpup version of the Notos. I've had issues where even though the Notos is around 33" how its setup, it's still long around corners and tight spots in our milk barn. A compact bullpup would be great, but make do as there's nothing out there I'm aware of that's not $1k plus. Rant over.

Here ya go...ready to shoot, right here in the AirGun Nation classifieds, $500 ! A hair under 24" (no additional mitigator), well balanced.

A little info -

More info -

And one more -

I have a .22. While nothing but the length is "great" about it...it IS a nice shooter. Decent, 2 stage trigger, the cocking action is smooth.
The stock is well done for an inexpensive gun.

1696571133044.jpeg

Mine's...not for sale...

Mike

Last edited:
Dillon, I hear you!!
Many bullpup manufacturers add many unnecessary inches of "stock" behind the action, instead of slapping a rubberpad on it and ending the gun there.
Computers often have bloat ware.
Bullpups often have a bloat stock.

Kral Empire?

IIRC, they don't have a regulator....
That's a deal breaker for me, unless it's a sub-20 yard shooter.

Matthias

Snow Peak P35 would be my pick. Regulated, fairly large airtube. It is 27", but has functioning shroud, plenty of power. 5.2 lbs

The notos is a snow peak gun, just re-branded.

If it's for close range, just turn it down. Will get much quieter... long barrel really helps a lot with noise reduction. Shot count will be extremely high. If it were mine, I'd also put a Riton 2moa red dot on it. Keep it compact, and lightweight. These are by far my favorite red dot sights. Quality is extremely high for the price. I have the same sight on 2 of my guns. (sight pictured below)

20220311_175825_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Dillon, I hear you!!
Many bullpup manufacturers add many unnecessary inches of "stock" behind the action, instead of slapping a rubberpad on it and ending the gun there.

Kral Empire?

Matthias
20 yrd...you didn't see the videos did you ?
Beside, Dairy didn't specify distance.
MANY...shoot unregulated guns with...no problems ! To each, his/her own.

Mike

Snow Peak P35 would be my pick. Regulated, fairly large airtube. It is 27", but has functioning shroud, plenty of power. 5.2 lbs

The notos is a snow peak gun, just re-branded.

If it's for close range, just turn it down. Will get much quieter... long barrel really helps a lot with noise reduction. Shot count will be extremely high. If it were mine, I'd also put a Riton 2moa red dot on it. Keep it compact, and lightweight. These are by far my favorite red dot sights. Quality is extremely high for the price. I have the same sight on 2 of my guns. (sight pictured below)

View attachment 394380
Where can I get more info on the Brocock Grand Prix?

Dillon, I hear you!!

Kral Empire?

Matthias
Not a deal breaker for me because the most important thing for me with any gun, because I hunt with them is the first shot being spot on. Even with a really, really good regulated gun, when your gun experiences a temperature swing, you also experience a first shot or two accuracy swing. Not with my Kral XS. That’s why it’s our shop gun. It has never not been spot on with the first shot. Speed or accuracy wise. No matter what the conditions. My gun was modded for more power to make it competitive with others in its class but not modded for accuracy. In comparison to my EVOL, I could buy 5 Empires. They both make the exact same power numbers with 16 or 18gr pellets. The EVOL filled to 250b gets a mag more shots than my Kral filled to 220b. Accuracy, the edge goes to the EVOL but it’s not because of the reg. But out to 50 yards or so, no critter is surviving either gun. A unregulated gun has a weird shot experience. They can be blubbery. But that can be ironed mostly out if you know what you’re doing in the tool room. A unregulated gun is the Harley Davidson of the PCP world. It makes a lot of racket but still gets you where you need to go. It bothers me so I fix it. But it’s not required for great accuracy and consistency.

The Empire XS seems nice but there not available anymore its looking like. I prefer .22 guns especially at that power level and shoot CPHPs. One can get an Empire XS in .25 for cheap from Krale but not for me. Actually looks like all Kral there are on sale maybe not carrying anymore? If it was .22 I wouldn't be posting it. I personally am not afraid of a regulated gun at all. One less thing to worry about. And what I use it for is only 30yds max with a red dot.

I guess a P35 wouldn't be too bad. Seems light and at 27" that's alot closer to 24" than most other budget bullpups.

Now I've owned a Rapid70 bullpup for the Prod before. Didn't like the feel of it. Too square and sharp. Also not a fan of the Prod platform.

Why can't these guns be bought in the US? I'd prefer something with some parts support if something were to fail. Hell with the Notos honestly if something goes wrong it's cheap enough to buy another really lol. But being a umarex and in the US one would hope some support would be there if something happens.

There's been lots of focus on lower powered mini carbines in all budget ranges recently which is great. But let's do that now in a bullpup.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
The Stoeger bullshark is nearly identical to the SPA P35 but is available in the U. S.. I bought my 3 P35s from Krale who is generally fine to order from. The bullshark has a 490mm barrel (versus 450 for the P35) and a different stock and weighs a little more (still only about 6 lbs). My P35 in 177 came tuned to produce about 19 fpe and gets about 100 shots per fill. My P35 in 22 cambe tuned to produce about 32 fpe and gets around 60 shots per fill. My P35 in 25 came tuned to about 40 fpe but I turned it down to about 32 fpe and it gets about 70 shots per fill. The regulator is adjustable but you have to degass the gun and then take the pressure gauge end off the airtube. Then there is a 12mm lock nut and you turn the regulator with a straight bladed and long screwdriver. Clockwise would turn it down. You need to replace the O-ring on the big nut on the end of the airtube when you put it back together and may want to replace the much smaller O-ring for the one way valve too. The gun comes with extras and the tool to remove the gauge and nut from the airtube.

My trigger pulls were about 2 lbs until I reduced the first stage to near nothing and then it dropped to about a pound. I then reduced the sear engagement a little to get it under a pound. Creep was more of an issue than the weight before I adjusted the sear engagement. For it's price, I think it has a good trigger. My 177 and 22 are quite accurate. These guns need some tuning up as received but are almost all metal and pretty well made. I really like them. With pellets they like I get extreme spreads under 10 with all three guns. The last string on the 22 had 23 shots under 6 ES with a std deviation under 2. I put 3D printed moderators in the shroud of my guns to get their noise down to 85 db or a bit less. They come with baffles but sometimes they shift and the gun will clip them. The moderators fix that. But they also extend the gun length about 1.5 inches (the shroud shifts forward). If you don't have to worry about noise you could just pull the baffles. The bullshark has less space in the shroud due to the longer barrel but comes with an end cap threaded 1/2 UNF.

As far as parts go, snow peak guns tend to have few. In addition, they make a lot of their guns. And a lot of the parts are interchangeable across multiple models. If the bullshark is essentially the same, you could use parts from it, or ship parts from across the pond. I'd be a lot more concerned about finding kral parts.

Where can I get more info on the Brocock Grand Prix?
It's an old pcp pistol. Extremely accurate and very well built. Maybe 13yrs old? They made magazine fed versions as well. I got the last contour s6 stock AOA had, and dropped it into it. Direct fit other than trigger alignment. I 3d printed a custom trigger blade and guard since the stock came without one.

Last edited:
I did but goes to the same thing, $1k+ in money for me to shoot 25-30yds. Before I had kids wouldn't even bat an eye but now that I have kids, priorities man lol. Just hard to justify for that close range low power guns. Kind of why I have the Notos that i tuned to 15fpe with the CPHPs. Then the Evol mini of course is in a class of its own as a mini carbine and is great for my other needs. I've thought of getting rid of the Evol and getting a regular sized bullpup 30-32" for normal shooting then a super compact 23-24" for barn work but don't think I could ever really sell it. Both would need to be found used to really swing it in my mind. And honestly it's not that I can't afford one, but just don't want to have that much invested in a couple pellet guns.

Yeah, I don’t think a Kral XS in .25 is the gun to easily get the most out of that platform. As far as parts availability goes, well my thoughts are this. If guys have no problem dropping way north of $1k on taipans and a couple other guns in that category that have zero parts availability, I don’t sweat a Kral. Seriously, what are you going to break? If it’s something that someone here can’t machine for you, sell it for parts. I’ve bought the Diana/Snowpeak guns for parts and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Reactions: Dairyboy