• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results December 4 TEXtreme Field Target Match Report

Although a half-dozen expected shooters didn’t make it, forecasts of an excellent turn-out at the December 4 TEXtreme Field Target 2021 Season Closer proved spot-on; thanks to no less than TEN Ranchito Robinson “newbies” more than taking up the slack. Matter of fact, two of those RR newbies finished in the top four of a very strong field of twenty-three high-power airgun enthusiasts attracted from four states; largely by Airguns Of Arizona gift certificate awards totaling $850 in value awarded to the top three shooters. Ranchito Robinson regulars claimed two of the podium places, however second place went to a TEXtreme FT newbie.

Chuck Misenheimer prevailed for the win with an excellent 44/48 score using his .22 Daystate Safari topped with an Athlon Chronus scope, shooting 25.4 grain Redesigns (at undisclosed velocity). Chuck took home a $500 Airguns Of Arizona gift certificate for his fine shooting. Great shooting, Chuck! I believe he also took home one of several door prizes.

TFT Winner.1638845721.jpg

The Second Place $250 AoA gift certificate went to aforementioned TFT newbie; a gentleman named Michael Wendt. No-one seems to know much about this guy, where he came from, nor anything about his airgun background. However his 42/48 score suggests he must know a little something about either airguns, shooting, or simply GOT VERY LUCKY. And though one of his squad-mates insists the guy is QUITE a good shooter, everyone knows Ron Robinson might not be the most CREDIBLE witness!

Michael used an Element Nexus scoped FX Impact M3, shooting undisclosed .22 pellets 975 FPS. I’d be willing to bet Michael’s pellets weighed about 25.4 grains each; however everyone knows Ron Robinson might not be the most CREDIBLE ballistician. Excellent shooting, Michael… whoever you are.

TFT Second MW.1638845797.jpg

Derrick Wall claimed the last podium spot and a $100 AoA gift certificate by posting a fine 41/48 score. Derrick shot a .30 Evol Magnon rifle equipped with an Aztec FFP scope; shooting JSB pellets at 870 FPS. Good shooting, Derrick.

TFT Third DW.1638845899.jpg

Louisiana shooter Will Thibault delivered a very nice Element Titan scope courtesy of FX USA, to be awarded as the Match Director saw fit. Upon having his name drawn out of the pot for the scope door prize, Art Womack stated he’d actually used an Element Titan scope in Saturday’s match. Art having also donated two nice aluminum drinking cups as door prizes, I believe there must be elements of karma and kismet involved in his door-prize “luck”. However, everyone knows Ron Robinson might not be the most CREDIBLE spiritualist. Regardless, congratulations Art!

BTW, while composing the last paragraph and calling him to confirm he’d used an Element scope in the match, Art told me he’s constructing a spread-sheet of every competitor’s equipment. He will post that spread-sheet under this match report.

Having always thought Art looks like an old outlaw, I should probably feel guilty for assuming he was taking photos of every score-card in order to extract bribes. Thank you for donating the nice insulated drinking cups Art; and thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for also constructing the spread-sheet!

I’ve always suspected reformed outlaws more honest and dependable than the average human, and you lend credibility to that suspicion. And although everyone knows Ron Robinson might not be the most CREDIBLE judge of character, in Art’s case, I’ve judged that fine character correctly!

I want to again thank Airguns Of Arizona for their ongoing support of TEXtreme Field Target, and ask everyone to support those that support airgunning. THANK YOU, ROBERT!

Also many thanks to FX USA for the generous donation of the Element Titan scope. It found its rightful home with Art Womack; a very worthy recipient!

Thanks to Jerry Cupples for donating cool little PelletGage note pads. They were gobbled up quickly by every ravenous airgunner in attendance that didn’t already have one. Matter of fact I lost the last joint of my pinky in the note-pads melee. Thanks, Jerry! My lawyer will be contacting you soon.

Many thanks to three new TEXtreme Field Target shooters from Louisiana for making the trip. Hope y'all found it worth the drive. And thank you Carey for picking up the post-match Mexican food tab.

Thanks also to the Oklahomans for gracing TEXtreme FT again. Always a treat to have you guys.

I’ll take this opportunity to welcome Esteban Figueroa not only to TEXtreme Field Target, but to TEXAS. Esteban recently moved from Chile, has opened an FT Airguns storefront in Lewisville complementing his ftairguns.com website. He also shot a fine score of 40/48, good for fourth place in Saturday’s match. Good shooting Esteban, and nice meeting you.

Apologies to everyone, especially some new TFT shooters, for not having the opportunity for more conversation. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and found enough camaraderie to make up for my negligences.

Happy Shooting Y’all,

Ron

P.S.- I would greatly appreciate it if someone that took a photo of Art accepting his Element Titan door prize would either email it to me, or post it. 

TFT podium .1638846335.jpg

Ron:

Great report! My Daddy always said he would rather be lucky than good! In my case, good thing I am lucky!

I too would like to send a big Texas howdy and thank you to Mr. Robert Buchanan, owner of Airguns of Arizona, for his very generous contribution to the Texican Textreme cause. In addition; thank you to Mr. Will Thibaut of Bayou Optics in Napoleonville, Louisiana for facilitating the most F excellent donation that I won! The FX Element Titan scope! Thank you FX Element scopes! Turns out I already had one on my rifle but it will go to good use nonetheless. Certainly not least, thank you to Mr. Jerry Cupples of Pellet Gauge for his donation of what I call 'log" books that I will use to keep up with how I intend to beat the 16 people that were ahead of me this time! I'll be ordering stuff soon to help on that account. Mr. Jerry, thanks again!

Also; thank you to our friends from Louisiana and Oklahoma for making the trek across east and north Texas to make this a great a great event. That is not to discount the several hour drives made by many of our Texas brothers. Of course everybody knows we drive at least two hours down here just to the mailbox! 

Ron Robinson, all BS aside, this all happens because you open your home and ranchito to all of us to make a mess of. Thank you most of all!

Since Ron Robinson is the Mark Twain of airgun related prose, I took the liberty of "crunching the numbers" since that is more my 4 tay? Below are a couple of rudimentary spreadsheets showing the entire results of the field and another one with the "gear" list. Hopefully I spelled everyone's name correctly, If not, you can sort me out at the next shoot. There were a couple of discrepancies in the accounting but none that affected the podium positions. Also; there was some information not included on the score cards so there are some "holes" (pun intended) in the data. N is the near target and F is the far. 

There were 6 shots at each lane so the number listed is the amount of "hits". Lane four was the standing lane and wind was definitely a factor there as was at lane five. Percentages listed to the far right are related to the shooters. The percentage at the bottom is the hit factor for the individual targets. 

Y'all come shoot with us in March!

Art "Podna" Womack

This was my 1st TEFT event and it was fantastic! 

The course was set up very well. Except Lane 5. 😜I'm kidding. That's the lane that smoked me with the strong perpendicular cross wind!

The thing I love most about airgunning is the comraderie. And TEFT was no exception. 

Thanks to Team Centercut for loaning me an air tanks (since I hastily left mine next to my compressor 3 hours away).

Congratulations to Chuck Misenheimer on taking the gold 🏅. Chuck puts in a lot of time plinking at his home range and pesting at the local feed lots. Plus he's always willing to help out wherever he can. I'm proud to call Chuck a friend.

And a HUGE shout-out to Ron Robinson for hosting this event. I imagine he spent countless hours setting up and testing the course, and preparing for us hooligans.

You better believe that I'll be back for more TEFT!

Here's a few pics I found on my phone

20211204_154226.1638886970.jpg
20211204_160622.1638886971.jpg
20211204_161829.1638886971.jpg
20211206_102929.1638886972.jpg

Cheers

-Michael

Textreme shooters will travel from far and wide to shoot at Ranchito Robinson! The Louisiana guys and gals traveled the furthest at 500 miles one way. Our friends from Oklahoma came nearly 400 miles. The Texas shooters averaged about 160 miles to get to the event.

The map below has "pins" on it where the shooters traveled from to get to Textreme. Ranchito Robinson is more or less in the middle of the map.

Can y'all imagine how many airgun shooters there are inside of that radius? I bet there are thousands and we need to get them coming to these events!

Art "Podna" Womack

Textreme Travelers Map.1638925428.png

Thanks Ron, awesome land, nice shooters, perfect day !!!

I will be there on the next for sure

Big applause to Robert from AOA always supporting airgunners!!

Here Ron working 
20211204_161047.1639079830.jpg

great job!!

and here the squad

20211204_162125.1639079907.jpg

Thanks Michael for carry my baby in your stroller, and thanks to Ron for share the shooting stick give me a bucket!

Also yes I move to TX, and start a new company in Lewisville close to Dallas, TX https://www.ftairguns.com will be an honor to be a TexTreme sponsor 

Great report Ron, looks like everyone had a great time. Congrats Chuck on some fine shooting. Looks like Michael is back in action and picking up right where he left off. No surprise to see Derrick in the top three. Congrats to all of you. I know EFT is not easy although not ever having the pleasure of shooting it at RR maybe next time. I did notice a couple things missing though. One was a woman shooter, WTH. And where is Maggi?

Nice to hear from you BB Girl. I'd hoped to see you (and other Arizonans) at my March 2022 TFT match, then learned it's the same weekend as an AAFTA Grand Prix match in your neck of the woods (the term "woods" applied very loosely, considering the blood-thirsty assortment of vegetation that passes for forestation out yonder). So I reckon we might not enjoy the company of our desert-dwelling brethren until at least June; our June 4 TFT match being our designated EFT Grand Prix event. Sure hope Y'all can make that one.

The December TFT match was not only well attended, but it seems high-power airgunning is really gaining a lot of traction in Texas as there seems to be a network forming to further such interest(s). All credit to Robert Buchanan and Airguns Of Arizona for (in my opinion) founding EFT competition, getting me started hosting EFT/TFT matches, continuing his support, and now creating a national EFT Grand Prix series for the 2022 season.

As for the missing elements in my match report. I hold out little hope of having any lady shooters until you attend... or Maggyy learns to shoot! And the reason Maggyy was absent from my match report is because I did not want to lose any male competitors to jealous wives forbidding their husbands from attending Ranchito Robinson events with such a hot red-head in residence!

Supermags.1639335438.jpg

Maggyy portrait.1639335460.jpg