• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Debating(still) first RIFLE pcp

Which one

• QB

• AR

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've read enough stuff here to have narrowed down my supplier and down to 2 options😑
I want a rifle
In .177
With a bottle
From airarcheryfun

Vote on what I will be getting myself.for my bday🥴

Screenshot_20230315_194251_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230315_194239_Chrome.jpg

My first PCP was a .177 with a small tube. Most of us were hand pumping back then. I got 50-60 shots and pumping the gun back up was not dreaded. No regrets and I still have that gun. I wound up installing a reg as I learned but it still gets hand pumped because it reminds me of when I started with PCP’s. If you’re gonna hunt, I’d probably go with the QB. Plink from a bench, the AR.

Then stock on the QB is more of an open sight cut but it's probably better for optics when hunting also. The fps looks better also.

The AR looks like a fun 10 meter gun and peep sight can be precise with a good shooter. It's funny because I have been looking at those as well. I like rifles that basic and handy for just having fun. I still might pick one up for my one armed friend he needs something light and handy for pesting out to 30y. And a single shot works better for him as well. I say buy one now and then the other down the road. Cool airguns.

How much is shipping to the states?

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Basically the same gun and I would go with the ar2079 for the better cheek weld for a scope. I don't like the standard qb comb section, too low for my head position.

Both can be made quite powerful and still get decent shot count. Lots of tuning capabilities with this platform.

Something seems off on the listing. Are these really hpa/pcp or are they co2? Top pics say hpa bottom say co2 powered. If these are hpa, they should be doing more than 650 fps in 177.

I still very much enjoy shooting my QB79s and AR2079s, all of which run on regulated HPA anywhere from 12-24fpe in .177, or from 20 - 35fpe in .22. I've even had the pleasure of shooting Chris's camo Frankenstein QB/AR. It seemed to like the H&N FTTs better than okay, piling 5 of them into a bughole at 30 yards.
30yds cold group (48h) sm.jpg

Or RWS Supermags, the stuff squirrel and chipmunk nightmares are made of.
Supermags 30yds sm.jpg

Anyway, the functional differences between the QB and AR are pretty minor from my perspective...the AR has a faux 2-stage trigger that I don't find particularly useful. It's just a trigger blade that has a spring-loaded take up. I prefer to take the regular trigger group of the QB and replace the overtravel screw with an M6 spring plunger. But either way, the trigger can be made to be shockingly good for a gun of this price point. Smooth the contact surfaces and install a lighter spring and you're golden.

If you want to focus on open sight shooting like 10m targets, the AR peep sight may be fun to use. For me that's not very appealing, especially when running on HPA. The accuracy potential at greater distances simply demands a scope.

So for the most part I look at the difference being mostly in the stock. The QB's stock is slightly more shapely than a framing stud, though I can't say I find it uncomfortable so much as it simply lacks style. The thicker AR stock does add visual bulk but the weight difference is not noticeable in real life. I find it works great for offhand shooting, and I like picking it up and carrying it from the forestock...the holes on either side let me get a very positive grip with my fingers and thumb. And it just looks way better than the plain QB stock in my opinion so I would give the AR a slight edge on that basis.

Then stock on the QB is more of an open sight cut but it's probably better for optics when hunting also. The fps looks better also.

The AR looks like a fun 10 meter gun and peep sight can be precise with a good shooter. It's funny because I have been looking at those as well. I like rifles that basic and handy for just having fun. I still might pick one up for my one armed friend he needs something light and handy for pesting out to 30y. And a single shot works better for him as well. I say buy one now and then the other down the road. Cool airguns.

Uhhh I didn't catch that part😅

Basically the same gun and I would go with the ar2079 for the better cheek weld for a scope. I don't like the standard qb comb section, too low for my head position.

Both can be made quite powerful and still get decent shot count. Lots of tuning capabilities with this platform.

Something seems off on the listing. Are these really hpa/pcp or are they co2? Top pics say hpa bottom say co2 powered. If these are hpa, they should be doing more than 650 fps in 177.
That's stock stats and such. Options available 🤙

My first PCP was a .177 with a small tube. Most of us were hand pumping back then. I got 50-60 shots and pumping the gun back up was not dreaded. No regrets and I still have that gun. I wound up installing a reg as I learned but it still gets hand pumped because it reminds me of when I started with PCP’s. If you’re gonna hunt, I’d probably go with the QB. Plink from a bench, the AR.
I'll be hand pumping🤙
Got a pcp pistol in .22
Now just need a .177 rifle and collection is pretty much rounded out🥴

Thirty some bucks🤙

Reactions: Headshots
I ain't voting for a simple reason.
I don't let others decide what I want or buy. And I darned sure don't let Social Media guide me!
Every brand of Air Gun I have owned I had hands on experience with before I bought.
One thing I will say about the QB line. Should I ever get one? I'd send it to Jason in a heart beat!

I ain't voting for a simple reason.
I don't let others decide what I want or buy. And I darned sure don't let Social Media guide me!
Every brand of Air Gun I have owned I had hands on experience with before I bought.
One thing I will say about the QB line. Should I ever get one? I'd send it to Jason in a heart beat!
No place/person around here with airguns....but me🥴

Reactions: Struckat
P.A had the avenger in wood referb under 300$ yesterday. Today all gone.

But the synthetic stock in .22 is $249 referb. Gamo arrow is on the cheap first gun . You go gimmicking up your gun in stuff somthing like the avenger or origin got a big following ..

Umarex gunlet still 229 and coupons do apply on it so the right one may drop it down less then them china Beeman's .. then a lot of tips tricks and add on stuff on that gun alone .

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
P.A had the avenger in wood referb under 300$ yesterday. Today all gone.

But the synthetic stock in .22 is $249 referb. Gamo arrow is on the cheap first gun . You go gimmicking up your gun in stuff somthing like the avenger or origin got a big following ..

Umarex gunlet still 229 and coupons do apply on it so the right one may drop it down less then them china Beeman's .. then a lot of tips tricks and add on stuff on that gun alone .

Not gunna get almost 200 shots per fill though🥴