Death wish at 98.75 yards

I was shooting .218 H&N 21g slugs out of FX Crown MK2 w/ 380mm barrel at my hundred yard "gong" this morning before work, and I saw a squirrel. Having never seen a squirrel there before(especially while I was shooting!), I figured this squirrel was tired of stealing my damn birdseed and chewing his way into my barn and probably wanting to have a .22 caliber hunk of lead inserted into his brainpan. As I was already sighted in at 100 yards, I obliged him by holding under a tiny bit and popped him right in the tater!

0215210904.1613427913.jpg

No more free birdseed for you!

Reactions: MEC17670
Very nice head shot. Come on up here to Montana and I will put you on to some prairie dog towns with PD's as far as you can see in 10X binoculars. How about 3 linear miles of nothing but PD's? (and a few prairie rattlers) You'll get some practice shooting in Montana winds as well. Makes it more challenging. Bring LOTS of pellets. And a really good rangefinder. You obviously have a nice scope and rifle. Give it a real workout. And you'll get lots of chances beyond 100 yards, but rarely less than 50 yards.

Phil