Death Grip tripod (BOG)

I have the carbon BOG and really like it. It's solid and I can shoot out past 200 yards standing with PB. I've had if for three years and it's still going strong. I've tallied 16 coyotes and hundreds of pest birds off of it since the first of the year.

On uneven ground, I balance the rifle on it and don't tighten the clamp. This allows me to cant the rifle as I'm turning so the crosshairs remain vertical.

I had one briefly and got rid of it quickly because it does not work well with bottle guns like the Impact. 

The pros were that the big carbon fiber legs were nice and beefy and BOG's customer service is top-notch - very pleasant and responsive.

The cons were that there's no good way to clamp a bottle gun . . . but more importantly, the head is not strong enough to hold the gun indefinitely in any position at all. No matter how hard it tried to cinch down the head, the butt heavy gun would always cause the head to tilt backwards pointing the barrel up into the sky. The longest I could ever have the BOG hold an Impact in position was a couple of minutes.

You'd be better off spending a little more and getting an actual tripod with good ball-head combo. That's the route I took after the BOG and am a lot happier; any rifle I put on the tripod stays at any angle indefinitely until I decide to move it. There are several threads in the Other Parts, Accessories, & Equipment subforum that give a lot of great info on which tripod and ball-head to get. Save yourself the time and headache and just skip the BOG.

Yenniedn is right about the Impact/Maverick being too thin to fit the BOG Deathgrip clamp. I've considered putting a shim on the side of my Maverick because of this. A ball head would be an improvement.

OTH - Here's a PB video @ 200 yards off of the BOG. That's about as steady as I can shoot standing up. A little side to side wobble is evident. Laser marking at the end so I'd know where to look for him.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/631949213

I use one all the time and it fits all my rifles equally well. The trick is to find the balance point of the rifle and get the balance point as close to the clamp as you can, then the rifle will sit just fine in the clamp until you're ready to shoot. My hunting method is to find a spot and stay put so I can't speak to carrying it around while you hunt.