• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dearth of big bore PCP in semiauto?

Dwale

May 12, 2017
NV
Hello. I did a lot of small game hunting with airguns back when I was young and I've recently become interested in them again.

While looking over the various big bore PCP models available, I was disappointed at how few options there were for semiauto. In fact, the only big bore semiauto I've found for sale anywhere is the Evanix GTK290.

Delving deeper, I found that Evanix has produced a variety of semiauto designs. Yet, when I try to find them for sale, I only find listings which read "no longer available." What is going on here? The GTK290 is cool and all, but I would prefer to have other options.

"Deja"I think you would be better of with an AR. airguns dont lend themself to power and semi /auto fire.
that's a great point, air is not always the solution. I'm in air for the way I like to shoot which is mostly targets and plinking. But I have interest in traditional powderburners also. I like powder for most stuff over 30 or 40 fpe. The other problem here is that if it performs like a firearm, eventually it is going to be regulated like a firearm, that could impact all of us.