• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Dear Diary. Jackpot. AA Pro Sport arrived.

I ordered an Air Arms Pro Sport about three months ago from Pyramyd Air. Left handed walnut .22 FAC. They had an issue ordering me a 12 fpe model for some reason, go figure.

PA told me it would show up October or November because special order. Got an email this week from PA that my order had came in. The rifle arrived on Friday.

Mounted a 3-12x32 CP with BKL mounts last night and took her for a spin today.

Cleaned the barrel and decided to not lube anything for the first run. Had to use a straw because of baffles. The barrel is only 9.5 inches long.

A dozen shots later I had the rifle zeroed at 55 yards and smacking cans and spinners.

Initial results are excellent accuracy and a very smooth shot cycle, the rifle feels very refined, no shot cycle noise whatsoever.

The cocking cycle is a little gritty and very stout, I would say 40 foot pounds. I am hoping it will smooth out like my TX200 did after a few tins. I am considering a cheater for the cocking arm or putting in a Vortek 12 fpe kit. I am using both arms to cock the rifle and it feels like it needs some lubrication to make it run smoother.

Put about 100 pellets down the barrel today. Feels very purposely built. Will shoot her again tomorrow.

The trigger right out of the box is smooth like butter. Very clean, light and predictable second stage break.

Accuracy was impressive with the H&N FTT 14.66 553 head size pellets for a brand new rifle.

Will take some photos tomorrow, easily one of the sexiest rifles in my stable.

Weather turned rainy today so the pictures a bit dark. Work in progress.

IMG_1825.jpeg

The kit arrived yesterday. I installed it today in about 20 minutes. Very simple rifle to work on. The results were impressive. From 16 fpe to 11 fpe with a very easy cocking cycle. The shot cycle is very smooth now with no twanging noise.

The first shots over the chrono returned a respectable 595 fps with H&N FTT's. I did not use any of the power spacers yet, wanted to break in the spring.

Last edited:
Curses! The adjustable mounts are defective. The turret that is supposed to raise elevation free wheels and does not increase elevation after following all instructions. Will have to call BKL tomorrow and discuss. Sigh.