Dealers Should be Ashamed of Themselves, Now with an Edit....

Ok here I go with a "small" rant....

I am in the beginning stages of looking at a new compressor set up.

I have used the YH set up for a few years , modified it with dual filter setup, external water chiller, etc.
I use the living hell out of that set up, rebuilt it 5 times over the years.. I figured I will look into something different this time around, my main bitch with the current set up is how loud it is, and of course the wear and tear...

So in my initial search i have come up with either biting the bullet and buying a Coltri, or Alkin, or going the Tuxing TXEDT032 route...
There is a huge price difference between them, obviously, but there is also a Huge difference in quality as well....

Anyway, the point of the post is my distain for the dealers that selling their own Branded TXEDT032 at a ridiculous price...
Knowing what Amazon's bare bones profit margin numbers are and what they currently have the compressor listed at shines a HUGE spotlight on just how bad these other dealers are tearing our heads off and to be honest I am just about sick of it....

Here is the direct comparison (I Hope I don't get banned for posting them up)

Ok here is the Edit
InBold Yellow..
Since Amazon is so hated here, lets go direct to the source of Tuxing
Tuxing Direct €672.43 = $728.58 shipped

The Tuxing TXEDT032 is currently on Amazon for 799.00 shipped
The DFL Bigfoot 1599.00
The Air Venturi (Pyramyd) Kryton 1599.00

Now I'll say again, knowing the amazon bare bones profit margin of 35% that means that the landed cost of this compressor is roughly 520.00-ish..
So how in god's name do these other dealers sleep at night charging 3x for their "branded" compressor.....??? I would say probably Very well, In a VERY comfortable bed...
If they are making that kind of margin on other parts and guns I will say I am in the wrong damn business!

Hey I get it, a business is in business to make money, I have owned my own business for 26 years. I can promise you I damn sure would not have made it this long if I was charging these kinds of margins..

The ludicrousness' of all of this is we as consumers continue to spend our hard-earned money on this Ever-increasing, Over-priced hobby, and this is just another example of one such part of the hobby....
I’m in the buy once cry once club
Or Alkin or Bauer

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Running your own business can be hard work and many times not very profitable. You have to pay the rent, taxes, utilities, shipping costs, salaries (if you have hired help), attorney and accountant fees, and many other things I forgot to mention. Oh, don't forget stuff that gets lost or stolen and dishonest employees. Then your personal hours are far more than you expected plus staying up and night worrying about business matters. Did I mention stress on yourself and your family? We love our hobbies, but when it becomes a business, it's not so much fun anymore. Hopefully, many of you don't experience the downside and get to meet great people and even compete with them on occasion. I don't begrudge a guy making a profit, but you have to look a little deeper into it.

P.S.: A reputable dealer will stand behind what he sells, even if the manufacturer screwed it up to begin with. That's built in to the cost too. So... why don't you go into business selling airgun stuff for cost?

Last edited:
Now I'll say again, knowing the amazon bare bones profit margin of 35% that means that the landed cost of this compressor is roughly 520.00-ish..
So how in god's name do these other dealers sleep at night charging 3x for their "branded" compressor.....??? I would say probably Very well, In a VERY comfortable bed...
Amazon has no "35% bare bones profit margin", which discounts the entire basis of your complaint.

Purchasing an item based ONLY on absolute lowest price, while ignoring all other factors such as customer service, is often not the best way to invest into a niche hobby like airguns!

I often refer to my life as a big toy collection. I finally realized that there is inexpensive and there is cheap and those are two different things. There’s the price and there’s what I’m willing to pay. There’s what I want, what I need and what I can afford. Unless I win the $1.3 billion Lottery I doubt I’ll be dropping $1500+ on a compressor because I don’t want one that badly. Retailers can charge what they want. The market will sort itself out.

Rick H.

I don't know anything about the margins on airgun pieces but I got a couple surprises when I set up a Stoeger Bullshark. I thought it was about the same thing as my P35s except for the stock and it is but with a couple differences that suggest Stoeger (bullshark) got SPA (the manufacturer and seller of the P35) to upgrade. The bullshark has a barrel 40mm longer (490 versus 450) and the same shroud so I thought it would be louder. Isn't. So the baffle design has to be better. It is different, I knew that, but I was surprised it did as well with significantly less space. The other difference is the block the rear screw attaching the stock goes into. On my P35s that block is zine. As you would expect it fails over time and I put SS thread repairs in. The kit only cost $10 so it isn't a big deal but this is the only area I think SPA cheaped out. On the bullshark I was prepairing to install the repair but checked that block with a magnet. It is steel. So Stoeger got a couple areas upgraded in the bullshark.

I know nothing about those compressors but it seems possible there are small but non-trivial differences in the ones sold under another firms name.

There is price gouging in every business and airguns is no exception. You need to shop around and use your noggin to keep costs down to a reasonable ripoff level (just kidding there). I do buy a lot from Amazon, as there prices are very good and no, I've never seen anything like mentioned about the item not being the same as local or whatever. I've spent a lot of money on that site over the years and am totally satisfied. When it comes to guns and compressors, they are your big money items, but there are alternatives. Have you considered the GX compressors. I see no need for me to spend a boatload on a high end compressor when I can use a couple GX compressors and never have a hiccup. They are reliable and well built. I fill guns directly and don't mess with large bottles. They are mobile, so wherever my truck is, I have air.
There are ways to save monety and still enjoy the sport. I choose to shoot and enjoy and live with the cost. I know I'm blessed and don't have to worry about it, but I don't like being ripped off any more than anyone else.

Ok I guess I need to clarify a tad on the reason for this post as some have understood the point and others have missed it.....

The 1st few lines of my post state in summary:
in the beginning stages of looking into aNEW Compressor Setup
I have used the YH set up for a few years , modified it with dual filter setup, external water chiller, etc.
So in my initial search i have come up with either biting the bullet and buying a Coltri, or Alkin, or going the Tuxing TXEDT032 route
There is a huge price difference between them, obviously, but there is also a Huge difference in quality as well....

Now with that all revisited I mentioned the dealer branded compressor on my low-end possibility list of compressors and the discrepancy on pricing.

I was Not saying that is the compressor I was buying, merely pointing out what I ran into when searching for information on said compressor.

I fill Multiple, Large Bottles a few times a week, usually from 225 bar back up to 300 bar, hence the excessive wear and tear on the poor YH.
The YH has 2 fans blowing across it, Plus the Water Chiller Unit keeping the water at a fairly consistent 44-48 degrees, and I ONLY run Nuvair oil in it....

Hopefully this clears up a few things, if not, hell I tried....

Reactions: RAMJET66
Here's a couple of tins I bought from AOA at there first location early 2000 before bar codes were used on JSB ammo. Maybe someone can read a date from the codes on the price tags.

20240407_154331.jpg

Ok here I go with a "small" rant....

I am in the beginning stages of looking at a new compressor set up.

I use the living hell out of that set up, rebuilt it 5 times over the years.. I figured I will look into something different this time around, my main bitch with the current set up is how loud it is, and of course the wear and tear...

So in my initial search i have come up with either biting the bullet and buying a Coltri, or Alkin, or going the Tuxing TXEDT032 route...

Anyway, the point of the post is my distain for the dealers that selling their own Branded TXEDT032 at a ridiculous price...
Knowing what Amazon's bare bones profit margin numbers are and what they currently have the compressor listed at shines a HUGE spotlight on just how bad these other dealers are tearing our heads off and to be honest I am just about sick of it....

Here is the direct comparison (I Hope I don't get banned for posting them up)

Ok here is the Edit
InBold Yellow..
Since Amazon is so hated here, lets go direct to the source of Tuxing
Tuxing Direct €672.43 = $728.58 shipped

The Tuxing TXEDT032 is currently on Amazon for 799.00 shipped
The DFL Bigfoot 1599.00
The Air Venturi (Pyramyd) Kryton 1599.00

If they are making that kind of margin on other parts and guns I will say I am in the wrong damn business!

Hey I get it, a business is in business to make money, I have owned my own business for 26 years. I can promise you I damn sure would not have made it this long if I was charging these kinds of margins..

The ludicrousness' of all of this is we as consumers continue to spend our hard-earned money on this Ever-increasing, Over-priced hobby, and this is just another example of one such part of the hobby....

Capitalism and a free market.

Don't like?

Don't buy.

The airgun community and market isn’t as large as the forums might lead some to assume...
I would agree 100%!
But then I see that 22,000 people are interested in a $999 PCP .25 caliber pistol that is still in the pre-production stage, and is not yet available.
The manufacturer is seeking capitol in the form of deposits and donations.
The whole deal seems suspicious to me, based only on the amount of people interested.
Perhaps I am wrong and its legit, but Im not interested.

Reactions: bfloyd1095
Free market capitalism.

Pay the better price. But understand it won't be without repercussions.

My favorite compressor was the Shoebox F10. China priced em out of the market. So yes, we got cheap (read disposable) compressors, and lost a player in the market, as well as the ongoing product support had Shoebox been able to compete.

In your situation we're talking competing retailers, not the actual manufacturer like in the Shoebox situation.
I'm so glad I was able to pick up the F10 for a song before they went out of business. It's the polar opposite of the vevor clone of the yong hang. What a piece of dung!! It did work pretty good after I reassembled correctly but when I first received it....... Knowing what I do now I would have paid the full price for it.