Dealers Should be Ashamed of Themselves, Now with an Edit....

Ok here I go with a "small" rant....

I am in the beginning stages of looking at a new compressor set up.

I have used the YH set up for a few years , modified it with dual filter setup, external water chiller, etc.
I use the living hell out of that set up, rebuilt it 5 times over the years.. I figured I will look into something different this time around, my main bitch with the current set up is how loud it is, and of course the wear and tear...

So in my initial search i have come up with either biting the bullet and buying a Coltri, or Alkin, or going the Tuxing TXEDT032 route...
There is a huge price difference between them, obviously, but there is also a Huge difference in quality as well....

Anyway, the point of the post is my distain for the dealers that selling their own Branded TXEDT032 at a ridiculous price...
Knowing what Amazon's bare bones profit margin numbers are and what they currently have the compressor listed at shines a HUGE spotlight on just how bad these other dealers are tearing our heads off and to be honest I am just about sick of it....

Here is the direct comparison (I Hope I don't get banned for posting them up)

Ok here is the Edit
InBold Yellow..
Since Amazon is so hated here, lets go direct to the source of Tuxing
Tuxing Direct €672.43 = $728.58 shipped

The Tuxing TXEDT032 is currently on Amazon for 799.00 shipped
The DFL Bigfoot 1599.00
The Air Venturi (Pyramyd) Kryton 1599.00

Now I'll say again, knowing the amazon bare bones profit margin of 35% that means that the landed cost of this compressor is roughly 520.00-ish..
So how in god's name do these other dealers sleep at night charging 3x for their "branded" compressor.....??? I would say probably Very well, In a VERY comfortable bed...
If they are making that kind of margin on other parts and guns I will say I am in the wrong damn business!

Hey I get it, a business is in business to make money, I have owned my own business for 26 years. I can promise you I damn sure would not have made it this long if I was charging these kinds of margins..

The ludicrousness' of all of this is we as consumers continue to spend our hard-earned money on this Ever-increasing, Over-priced hobby, and this is just another example of one such part of the hobby....

Last edited:
Free market capitalism.

Pay the better price. But understand it won't be without repercussions.

My favorite compressor was the Shoebox F10. China priced em out of the market. So yes, we got cheap (read disposable) compressors, and lost a player in the market, as well as the ongoing product support had Shoebox been able to compete.

In your situation we're talking competing retailers, not the actual manufacturer like in the Shoebox situation.

I find with Amazon "IS it exactly the same item " ? I have found several times the item on the surface is the same , but some of the parts (like external filters ) are not the same Or the pump for the H2o is a less powerful version , But in defense you see many different versions of the "same" item for different $$ .

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
I'm still using the same Yong heng from 6yrs ago. Once I figured out how to run it properly, proper lube, proper temps, I stopped having to repair it. Think I'm on piston set #3 And given that they were about $35, that's not bad. Tho i did break my crank bolt a few times. Since upgraded it. And a few other things.

Pro tip. It is a lot quieter if you take it outside 🤣

Overpriced hobby? Have you ever played golf?
Golf, Fishing all about the same..

My previous "drug of choice Hobby" was 1:1 Race cars, Dirt Late Models for 30 years, so in the grand scheme of things the airgun hobby is relatively cheap when comparing it to the cost of race cars (plural, primary and back-up) and the supporting parts, hauler, and shop. etc ......

My bitch is not with pay to play so much as OVER pay to play because the market consumer is being Forced to shell out the cash......

As to the so called quality difference a certain dealer "Brand" slaps on to the parts just doesn't hold water.. the Omega version that Tuxing makes for them is no different than what is branded Omega, it comes out of the same factory in China..

I feel your pain, but I love to shoot airguns and all the expense that goes with them. Everyone has a limit on what they are going to spend, I won’t buy a Alkin because of the price, but I have an Omega that’s been running great for years. Plus I’m retired so I’m spending my money before the nursing home gets it someday.😀

Ok here I go with a "small" rant....

I am in the beginning stages of looking at a new compressor set up.
I have used the YH set up for a few years , modified it with dual filter setup, external water chiller, etc.
I use the living hell out of that set up, rebuilt it 5 times over the years.. I figured I will look into something different this time around, my main bitch with the current set up is how loud it is, and of course the wear and tear...

So in my initial search i have come up with either biting the bullet and buying a Coltri, or Alkin, or going the Tuxing TXEDT032 route...
There is a huge price difference between them, obviously, but there is also a Huge difference in quality as well....

Anyway, the point of the post is my distain for the dealers that selling their own Branded TXEDT032 at a ridiculous price...
Knowing what Amazon's bare bones profit margin numbers are and what they currently have the compressor listed at shines a HUGE spotlight on just how bad these other dealers are tearing our heads off and to be honest I am just about sick of it....

Here is the direct comparison (I Hope I don't get banned for posting them up)

The Tuxing TXEDT032 is currently on Amazon for 799.00 shipped
The DFL Bigfoot 1599.00
The Air Venturi (Pyramyd) Kryton 1599.00

Now I'll say again, knowing the amazon bare bones profit margin of 35% that means that the landed cost of this compressor is roughly 520.00-ish..
So how in god's name do these other dealers sleep at night charging 3x for their "branded" compressor.....??? I would say probably Very well, In a VERY comfortable bed...
If they are making that kind of margin on other parts and guns I will say I am in the wrong damn business!

Hey I get it, a business is in business to make money, I have owned my own business for 26 years. I can promise you I damn sure would not have made it this long is I was charging these kinds of margins..

The ludicrousness' of all of this is we as consumers continue to spend our hard-earned money on this Ever-increasing, Over-priced hobby, and this is just another example of one such part of the hobby....
Same design and even same factory do not mean built to the same specifications. That being said, the manufacturer can sell it through Amazon themselves at a much lower price than a distributor can buy it for then resell it. AND FINALLY - customer service and warranty support cost money. If you don't think customer service is important read my thread about Tuxing and my experience with a TXEDT033 or my review on Amazon.
Tuxing Official Store actually made very forceful attempts at trying to make me change my rating and/or remove the review entirely.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...f=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B08K7HDGWL
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/tuxing-official-store-very-disappointing-experience.1286938/

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Golf, Fishing all about the same..

My previous "drug of choice Hobby" was 1:1 Race cars, Dirt Late Models for 30 years, so in the grand scheme of things the airgun hobby is relatively cheap when comparing it to the cost of race cars (plural, primary and back-up) and the supporting parts, hauler, and shop. etc ......

My bitch is not with pay to play so much as OVER pay to play because the market consumer is being Forced to shell out the cash......

As to the so called quality difference a certain dealer "Brand" slaps on to the parts just doesn't hold water.. the Omega version that Tuxing makes for them is no different than what is branded Omega, it comes out of the same factory in China..
@bfloyd1095 It really seems more of a access to information and comprehension thing. High prices can mean very little if few people are willing to pay. Coming into our hobby blindly, yes there are many folks laying in wait to take money from newly-minted enthusiasts. What’s great about forums like AGN is that we have access to information. With that one can better shop according to need/want, budget, and access. For example, take what Long Gun said about his Yong Heng and contrast him to me. He learned his compressor, got it dialed in, and has been running it 6 years. Me on the other hand, I don’t know much about compressors except what I’ve learned here and what I’ve learned since purchasing some. I’m not the guy to tear them down and repair them. Consequently, I purchased an Alkin (with guidance from experienced members). Another major contributing factor that led to that purchasing decision was reading about other members tearing up $500 compressors and buying other cheap compressors and tearing them up as well. After reading enough of this posts I said to myself, “don’t be that guy.” My point is that once we have enough information, we can make more informed decisions with our funds so that the rip-off artists can’t rip us off so easily.

I can also say this, I have run a small business. I did a significant amount to keep consumer costs down mostly by sacrificing personal profit. The result was a business that generated enough money to fund itself, BUT I did not pay myself for my time and work put in to it. So essentially it was a hobby business that I didn’t pay out of pocket to keep funding. My purpose for undergoing the venture was pretty unconventional so that wasn’t a large issue. I went in with a plan and learned things along the way. One thing that I learned is why my competitors prices were generally higher, actually significantly higher. But one of my main competitors would produce products that were comparably priced or cheaper. I found this curious. After interacting with them I became convinced that they were probably buying raw materials in bulk and lying to some of their customers (I witnessed some seriously questionable practices). So my experiences taught me a few things about business practices, actual costs (fluctuating costs), and markups. At the end of the day they aren’t what we think they are or should be as consumers. Then there are the unscrupulous folks. Everything's got a price. As far as middlemen are concerned, no telling what costs are incurred to distribute goods. It could be as simple as drop shipping or they may have actual costs to factor into to their pricing.

Last edited:
Heck, for what GX is offering right now on the E5... there's not much out there that can beat that for a home compressor. And it's far less then the Amazon price, especially if you track on the 10% coupon. You can get this thing for what the rebranded tuxing costs, and it's a WAY better compressor in my opinion

Scroll to the bottom of the link...

Where making money is concerned, a sense of "shame" is detrimental to profit for many. (One of the reasons I never wanted to work in sales or retail). I hate being "reemed" & hate doing it to others even more. An honest day's wage has always worked for me. I'm sure I would have failed as a salesman or entrepreneur. Too much conscience I guess (THANKS Mom & Dad).

Don’t buy from the two you are so upset with. How hard is that? No need to make an issue of it. Don’t buy from them, deny them access to your money and you will have saved money and gotten even with the evil doers all in one stroke.
Then pray the low cost provider will deliver a modicum of service along with the lowest price.
I see no reason to be upset.