Deal Alert Hatsan AT44QE Long Synthetic in .25 direct from Hatsan USA

DEAL ALERT Hatsan AT44 QE Long Synthetic Stock Closeout at Hatsan USA. Ordered one of these, not a refurb, closeout only in .25 cal $300 plus $25 shipping. Evidently the AT44 series is being closed out for the most part. This series has been through years of development and well known. Roughly the same price as several China imports. They claim around 860 fps with JSB 25.4s and approx. 30+ useful shots out of a fill. Seems like a lot of gun for the money.

Yeah I looked at that but for my purposes its not a big deal. Just going to use it around the house for plinking and garden defense. I live in a suburban area with acre plus lots with mature trees and a crap load of squirrels. They used to chew on the wood trim of my house and I killed sixty to a hundred a year for over ten years to get them under control. Kept my neighbors rat terrier fat and happy. I plant a large garden and had adopted a live and let live so long as they left my house alone. I got sick last year and let things go. The squirrels devastated my garden. I got three pounds of tomatoes off 50 plants. Yeah its long but powerful and quiet and thats what I need. Im tired of fighting my leaking Marauder and my neighbor broke my springer defending his garden. I wouldnt want to use that thing in in the woods but it will be ok around the house and for some long range sniping. But thanks for the warning about the length of the gun.

P.S. Im going to see if I can get ole leaky sealed up and do a low power tune around the low 700s for quiet shooting and a longer flat shot string with lighter field target pellets.

Perhaps, how about you name a few for the benefit of the audience. A powerful, accurate PCP repeater with a decent shot count, years of development and no widely known points of failure for $300. I am aware of the Chinese made Avenger PCPs but hear there are problems when they first came out and they are made in China which is a negative for me.

Perhaps, how about you name a few for the benefit of the audience. A powerful, accurate PCP repeater with a decent shot count, years of development and no widely known points of failure for $300. I am aware of the Chinese made Avenger PCPs but hear there are problems when they first came out and they are made in China which is a negative for me.

You hit on one. Avenger for sure. I have two and both have been excellent and they are super easy to take apart so I think any troubles would easily be handled. Granted same is true with hatsan but the adjustability of the avenger is sweet. Umarex origin is a better option (my opinion) but it is in same category as the hatsan as being un regulated. The gauntlet would be a good choice as well as it is very consistent and regulated. I don’t totally knock hatsan as I right now own a hydra in 25 cal and it is pretty solid. Just seems most of their platforms are plagued with a low (good) shot count and completely descending power curve. Let’s face it you can find just as many hatsan problems out there as China gun problems.

I have been away from air guns for several years and considered the Avenger when it first came out but after reading reviews decided to give it a pass. Im one of "those people" who try to avoid buying anything made in China when possible as their govt. is horrible and I don't like their culture. I don't think much of our current govt. either. I have a bad squirrel problem with them raiding my garden and I intend to cure that problem with some JSB Kings. The Hatsan is supposed to have a thirty shot string which is plenty as do nearly all my shooting at the house. Cool thing is I have a friend in the fire dept. so I get all the breathing quality 4500 psi air I need. If I need a regulator I found that Walmart.com sells Hatsan regs for $70 but I don't think I will need one. If your Hatsan has a constantly declining power curve it needs tuning. As long as mine has a relatively flat curve Im not going to jack with it. Im going to tune my leak prone 25 cal. Marauder to a low 700s tune for a longer and quieter shot curve. Haven't decided yet by I might experiment with a high power slug tune for the Hatsan.