Deal Alert (?) Diana 34 EMS 'Lawrence of Arabia'

First off I will be the first to admit that I am no experienced expert regarding traditional airguns. But I saw the Diana 34 EMS special 'Lawrence of Arabia' edition at what appears to be a very good price ($208 + tax and shipping, depending on where you live) on MidwayUSA. Seemed like a great deal to me and I bought one, at least to add to the collection.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023833573?pid=703246

This is apparently another 500 unit special edition gun. Don't ask me why a German company is commemorating a British officer who helped defeat them in the Arabian theater during WWI, but T.E. Lawrence was an incredible individual, and one who is interesting and legendary to any student of WWI history.

When I bought my gun I added something inexpensive from MidwayUSA's 'ships free' section, and I think that the cost of shipping the entire package dropped to about $10 from nearly $30. Just playing the standard MidwayUSA game.

I just noticed today the AirGhandi World video review posted on Airgun101, and am looking forward to watching it:

https://www.airgun101.com/airghandi-world/video/diana-34-ems-lawrence-of-arabia-my-presentation-of-the-special-edition-model

I watched his other 2 videos on the Diana 34 EMS guns, and he seems to like them a lot.

So just if anyone is interested. This is one of those 'one time deal' situations with Midway, so when they are gone they are gone.

IMG_2609.1651685289.JPG

IMG_2611.1651685290.JPG

Reactions: Sc0- and Bolillo
First off I will be the first to admit that I am no experienced expert regarding traditional airguns. But I saw the Diana 34 EMS special 'Lawrence of Arabia' edition at what appears to be a very good price ($208 + tax and shipping, depending on where you live) on MidwayUSA. Seemed like a great deal to me and I bought one, at least to add to the collection.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023833573?pid=703246

This is apparently another 500 unit special edition gun. Don't ask me why a German company is commemorating a British officer who helped defeat them in the Arabian theater during WWII, but T.E. Lawrence was an incredible individual, and one who is interesting and legendary to any student of WWII history.

When I bought my gun I added something inexpensive from MidwayUSA's 'ships free' section, and I think that the cost of shipping the entire package dropped to about $10 from nearly $30. Just playing the standard MidwayUSA game.

I just noticed today the AirGhandi World video review posted on Airgun101, and am looking forward to watching it:

https://www.airgun101.com/airghandi-world/video/diana-34-ems-lawrence-of-arabia-my-presentation-of-the-special-edition-model

I watched his other 2 videos on the Diana 34 EMS guns, and he seems to like them a lot.

So just if anyone is interested. This is one of those 'one time deal' situations with Midway, so when they are gone they are gone.

IMG_2609.1651685289.JPG

IMG_2611.1651685290.JPG

Good catch!!! How do you like the rifle? How does it compare to other break barrels?

Reactions: Bolillo
Good catch!!! How do you like the rifle? How does it compare to other break barrels?

First off. I must admit that I haven't yet shot it. Secondly, I will reiterate that I am not an experienced springer shooter.

I have owned, or currently own several springers in various price tiers, from low priced to moderate priced. I haven't kept, or kept shooting some of them as I prefer the ease of shooting PCP rifles.

My moderate priced springers have been Weihrauch's. I love my HW 30S due to its lower power and therefore its ease to shoot. Just an overall pleasant rifle to hold, to cock and to shoot, albeit a little small in size for me. I enjoy the level of fit & finish on the Weihrauch's.

Whereas the Diana 34 EMS rifles are also available with a wood stock, the version I bought (L of A) has a synthetic stock. However there is nothing cheap feeling about this gun (except maybe the plastic sights). The synthetic stock feels solid, not hollow like some cheap stocks. The German quality manufacturing comes through in the feel and handling of this gun, so far. The Diana T06 trigger is a quality unit in my opinion.

All in all, it feels nice in the hands, having the overall quality feel of a well designed, and German manufactured spring gun. I feel that if I have any accuracy issues with this gun when I eventually shoot it, they will be more based on the shooter's skills than on the gun's capabilities.

First off. I must admit that I haven't yet shot it. Secondly, I will reiterate that I am not an experienced springer shooter.

I have owned, or currently own several springers in various price tiers, from low priced to moderate priced. I haven't kept, or kept shooting some of them as I prefer the ease of shooting PCP rifles.

My moderate priced springers have been Weihrauch's. I love my HW 30S due to its lower power and therefore its ease to shoot. Just an overall pleasant rifle to hold, to cock and to shoot, albeit a little small in size for me. I enjoy the level of fit & finish on the Weihrauch's.

Whereas the Diana 34 EMS rifles are also available with a wood stock, the version I bought (L of A) has a synthetic stock. However there is nothing cheap feeling about this gun (except maybe the plastic sights). The synthetic stock feels solid, not hollow like some cheap stocks. The German quality manufacturing comes through in the feel and handling of this gun, so far. The Diana T06 trigger is a quality unit in my opinion.

All in all, it feels nice in the hands, having the overall quality feel of a well designed, and German manufactured spring gun. I feel that if I have any accuracy issues with this gun when I eventually shoot it, they will be more based on the shooter's skills than on the gun's capabilities.

I see!! Nice to read that you like the fit & finish on the rifle!!!

The classic 34 was the first air rifle I ever got to shoot when I was a kid. So far very few people have reported on the new EMS and I'm quite curious to read about the opinions of the people that have bought it (also, there are very few reviews on the big air gun shops and not all are favorable).

From what I've read, the 34 EMS is essentially an improved upon version of the classic 34 (it's production has also been stream-lined).

The whole modular concept is also something I really like about it. It's true, the whole barrel changing system cannot really be used by end users since spare barrels are only available to distributors and service stations, but still, it's nice to know that if any problem with the barrel ever occurs, one will not have to replace the whole rifle, but just one part of it. Even if it is through a distributor etc. 

All in all I think it's a really good platform and I hope that it becomes well established.

I would just like to see Diana rolling out with a "luxus/deluxe" version which will sport metal open sights and a fancier wooden stock (perhaps something like a european style hog-back like the one found on the 340 n-tec deluxe).

Please do tell us about how the rifle shoots!!! It would be interesting to see more experiences that have to do with it's performance!!!

Sorry for the long post!!! 

Sorry for bringing back this thread; have you got a chance to shoot with the EMS? If so how was it? How does it compare to hws in terms of accuracy?
I have been shooting one. It had a screw come loose on the cocking arm and was shaving pieces of the stock off. A tiny T6 torx bolt is used as a set screw. It was all loose and accuracy was all over the place. I cut the front of the stock off so I can see and tighten the screw easier. I shot two five shot groups at 18 yards standing and using a post for a rest.. One could be covered by a nickle and one by a dime. Not pretty but it functions.

20220708_160234.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: ITACUD