Deal alert....cheapest i have ever seen on

@Mr.H Glad you figured that out because now you’re teaching me. Thank you.
Well, thank you. But I gotta say, math isn't my strong suit, so that chart made it easy. My favorite reticle is a MOA quad, 10X fixed SWFA. So I know if I put out a 10" round plate at either 50 or 100 yds, I know what each hash mark represents. With other brand scopes, I have to put my thinking cap on.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Just ordered the 3-16, 1st time ordering thru Cameraland. Really nice experience. Hope to get it by the weekend.
@Mr.H Maths and shooting haven’t quite come to terms in my mind. So I’m kinda stuck around 100 yards at the moment. I’ve been able to get by using my eyes. I’m sure it takes me more rounds to adjust on paper than the calculus guys, but once I have it figured on paper, I believe I can still put an animal down. Also, as far as I can tell, maths doesn’t solve changing winds.

CameralandNY is legit. I got a 4-20x from them a while back off of a @Centercut recommendation. They ship in good time and their customer service people are cool. Just gotta kinda be familiar with the New York vibe or some folks can come across a little…..different I guess is a good way to put. It should arrive in good time.

Reactions: Mr.H
I received mine last week and like it so far. The reticle is a bit thinner than I would prefer, but it is a nice scope—especially at that bargain price.

When this deal came along, I had been considering a Meopta Optika5 3-15x44. On paper, they are quite similar. So, when this deal came along, I figured I had to.... Although I am happy with the Sightron, I am left wondering how the glass compares to a Meopta.

Does anybody out there have any relevant experience with both these brands?

@Mr.H Math and shooting haven’t quite come to terms in my mind. So I’m kinda stuck around 100 yards at the moment.

CameralandNY is legit. I got a 4-20x from them a while back off of a @Centercut recommendation. They ship in good time and their customer service people are cool. Just gotta kinda be familiar with the New York vibe or some folks can come across a little…..different I guess is a good way to put. It should arrive in good time.

You're preaching to the choir, bro! I didn't realize they are on Long Island. Turns out my sister lives about 30 minutes away from them, so I know all about it!;)

• Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE
I received mine last week and like it so far. The reticle is a bit thinner than I would prefer, but it is a nice scope—especially at that bargain price.

When this deal came along, I had been considering a Meopta Optika5 3-15x44. On paper, they are quite similar. So, when this deal came along, I figured I had to.... Although I am happy with the Sightron, I am left wondering how the glass compares to a Meopta.

Does anybody out there have any relevant experience with both these brands?
You and I must have similar tastes: I've been eye balling that same Meopta scope. I've never owned a European scope. Money's a little tight right now, therefore the Sightron.

Reactions: NickT
I HAVE CATARACTS forming enough that I avoid driving at night,, but I have a Meopta MeoPro 4-20x50 sfp and this Sightron 3-16x40 sfp
the difference to my eyes at 16 power looking down the street is ??????? pretty darn close, I can not say one is better as to clearity
I like them both and I am thinking about a 2nd Sightron just because they is on sale, don't have a need for it now, but ya never know.
yes, I am NOT grammatically correct, but I AM not politically correct either ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Smitty911 and Mr.H
MOA-3 Reticle

Sure, that clears things up! :oops: :oops:

P.S. I have one on the way, what a bargain price! thanks for the heads up on this one.

If you like the vortex diamond back quality you will like this scope. Pretty much the same build. So excellent opportunity to get a good mid range scope, especially if your looking for a 100 yard Airgun scope or a base class NRL scope with good MSRP for qualification. It is SFP so take that in to consideration for using the holdovers.

Last edited:
If you like the vortex diamond back quality you will like this scope. Pretty much the same build. So excellent opportunity to get a good mid range scope, especially if your looking for a 100 yard Airgun scope or a base class NRL scope with good MSRP for qualification. It is SFP so take that in to consideration for using the holdovers.
I got mine today, and quickly sighted in. I will echo what most of you have said already, for the money, pretty amazing scope. Probably a little brighter than my SWFA 10X. The depth of the focusing dial is probably nicer than the SWFA and a Leupold Freedom 6-18 I have on a rimfire. Kind of cloudy around the edges at all power settings, but hey, its not a $1000 scope. I'm ok with that.

The only gripe I have is that the hash marks are spaced about 3" based on 10X at 100 yds. So if you are in the practice of using hash marks for hold overs, the scope won't be as easy to use compared to a scope with a 1 MOA spacing. But the turrets are very positive.

For now, I'm going to hold on to it, learn the holdovers and shoot it:)

Thanks for the nudge guys, just ordered one, the 3-16. Already had one on my Regal but in the slightly higher magnification, the 4-20 which I've really enjoyed.
I just needed another scope for a 22-250. Too much scope swapping so I had to to get another. Those that haven't look through or tested the STAC it's a great scope especially for this price of $239.00, no regrets I promise.
Still free shipping too.
jk

At the price, it's hard to argue, however, after receiving mine and taking a good long look (pun intended) through the 3-16 and 4-20, I'm not impressed with the optical quality,

I realize I'm comparing to something without this bargain sale price, but when not on sale, the price is very close to what I'd pay for an Optika5 Meopta. I've contacted Cameraland to see about a refund/exchange. I see more Meopta's in my future and some more unused glass going up for sale in the forum soon.

At the price, it's hard to argue, however, after receiving mine and taking a good long look (pun intended) through the 3-16 and 4-20, I'm not impressed with the optical quality,

I realize I'm comparing to something without this bargain sale price, but when not on sale, the price is very close to what I'd pay for an Optika5 Meopta. I've contacted Cameraland to see about a refund/exchange. I see more Meopta's in my future and some more unused glass going up for sale in the forum soon.
I'd like to hear your opinion of the Meopta 5 once you get one. Labor Day is coming up, I'd guess Camera Land will have a sale on their site.

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
I'd like to hear your opinion of the Meopta 5 once you get one. Labor Day is coming up, I'd guess Camera Land will have a sale on their site.
I'm happy to offer it, I already own two! (and an Optika6)

Simply, it's the best scope I've used at any price. The biggest difference is the optics. Crystal clear at all zoom settings, center to edge. I'm now literally spoiled (as noted in this thread) The Optika5 4-20x50mm is the only zoom scope I've ever used that is as clear @ it's max of 20x as it is at 10X. I own scopes that go to 25, 27, 30 and 35x. None of those set to 20 (or higher) are as clear as the Optika 5, and that includes a significantly more costly Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x (the 6's other downside is it's 25 yard minimum side focus)
The Optika5 does not have open tactical turrets, but they are crisp, confident and accurate. (The Optika6 series offers larger open turrets if that's important.)

One complaint I've read is the lack of tailored air rifle reticles. The two I have use the relatively simple BDC semi duplex. No idea how useful that would be for some serious competition target work, but it works well for me. It's far easier to use and see when pesting than my Crimson Trace, MTC, Sightron,. Hawke etc.

Last edited:
  • Love
I'm happy to offer it, I already own two! (and an Optika6)

Simply, it's the best scope I've used at any price. The biggest difference is the optics. Crystal clear at all zoom settings, center to edge. I'm now literally spoiled (as noted in this thread) The Optika5 4-20x50mm is the only zoom scope I've ever used that is as clear @ it's max of 20x as it is at 10X. I own scopes that go to 25, 27, 30 and 35x. None of those set to 20 (or higher) are as clear as the Optika 5, and that includes a significantly more costly Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x (the 6's other downside is it's 25 yard minimum side focus)
The Optika5 does not have open tactical turrets, but they are crisp, confident and accurate. (The Optika6 series offers larger open turrets if that's important.)

One complaint I've read is the lack of tailored air rifle reticles. The two I have use the relatively simple BDC semi duplex. No idea how useful that would be for some serious competition target work, but it works well for me. It's far easier to use and see when pesting than my Crimson Trace, MTC, Sightron,. Hawke etc.
You should be in sales 😉 Some of Meopta scopes have the Z-Plus reticle, which looks like it would work well for airgunners

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberDyneSystems