• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

DeadEye review of the new target design from LexingtonAirguns.com

I've had a field target of similar design for years that takes more effort than others to reset, virtue of the design. One lane of my FT course features uphill shots that I believe would render that design very difficult to reset.

Not criticizing; just sayin'.
Thanks!
This particular target was very easy to reset- although the ground was level to me here. But point taken!
I'll continue to test this target and others like it.

Reactions: cavedweller
ASC has about 10 targets that are of similar design. They were made by Juneau targets in Louisiana in the 90's and 2000's. These targets are really easy to reset for us, but they must be set out and checked to be very level, because if they are leaned forward they tend not to fall due to the additional forward leaning weight of the paddle and faceplate that the pellet must overcome. There is not a spring to help the face plate fall once the sear is unlocked as there are on Remington, Rhino, and Yegua targets that we have. It is nice to see that good target designs never go extinct.

ASC has about 10 targets that are of similar design. They were made by Juneau targets in Louisiana in the 90's and 2000's. These targets are really easy to reset for us, but they must be set out and checked to be very level, because if they are leaned forward they tend not to fall due to the additional forward leaning weight of the paddle and faceplate that the pellet must overcome. There is not a spring to help the face plate fall once the sear is unlocked as there are on Remington, Rhino, and Yegua targets that we have. It is nice to see that good target designs never go extinct.
The Juneau's are my personal favorite of a very large number that I've used. They reset pretty easy, are QUITE simple and durable, and you absolutely cannot knock them down with a split. Myself and Airgunners of Az had quite a few but the AoA club sold their older targets to the Southwest Airgunners and now we get to see them in Rex' matches😄. They do require solid precision mounting though.
The Lexington Aiguns target is similar but not exactly the same.
Bob