• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning De-Tuning a Regal XL

@jking thanks, I did look around before posting here & had found that one already. I was hoping to order one from Daystate as a 12fpe from the factory, but they don’t make them any longer. Only the Revere.

Might take a look and makes sure there isn't a spacer on the end of the hammer spring that might be removed. We have a couple of stores in our town that have a good selection of springs that are pretty cheap. You might get lucky. 

jk

@jking thanks, I did look around before posting here & had found that one already. I was hoping to order one from Daystate as a 12fpe from the factory, but they don’t make them any longer. Only the Revere.

Might take a look and makes sure there isn't a spacer on the end of the hammer spring that might be removed. We have a couple of stores in our town that have a good selection of springs that are pretty cheap. You might get lucky. 

jk

From my bookmarks

Here is a video from a fella that makes his own spring bushings for the Air Ranger & the Huntsman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lu9v23VNCg&t=13s

If you go into his website there is also a 3 part video (which I've not watched yet) on tuning the Air Ranger which may also apply to the Huntsman

https://www.youtube.com/user/jimineecricket1/videos

Hope this helps

Ed

PS

Pitiful, isn't it; how little factory info is available

(Stop chuckling Jking)

It may not seem like a big deal to them, but there’s a lot of misinformation on their websites. They copied and pasted all the info on the Revere to the Revere unregulated. It’s pretty much the same thing & says nothing about the differences. 

The pictures are also wrong. The current picture for an XL shows it without a moderator. But if you order it based on that information, you will be receiving a Reflex mod glued on in there.

I almost ordered an R7 from Airgun Depot once. Picture showed no iron sights. When I called they said it had iron sights and was an old picture. They would have had to refund me and pay for back shipping. 

Thank you for posting this questions and for the replies. I'm following this, as I would seriously consider doing this to my Regal. However, thinking aobout this, mine is regulated probably not possible unless I can swap out the regulator too!

I have a RedWolf also and for my backyard shooting, the lowest power setting is perfect for my needs. The Regal is a louder rifle and dialing it down to 12 fpe would be perfect for me if accuracy is maintained.

Regards,

I believe the regulators are Huma which are adjustable. I'm guessing the hammer would have to be addressed too when dropping the regulator pressure. The guy that would be most knowledgeable on these Daystates and optional ways of tuning them is Motorhead (member name). If he doesn't respond you might shoot him a PM. Curios 5thumbs what is your regulator set to and what caliber is it?

Jking

Thank you all for the great information and advice. I ended up compromising and buying the gun that brought most of my wants to the table. What I really wanted was a .177, UK specked to Sub 12fpe Regal with a short tube. AoA had a Sub 12 Revere available, short tube and all. It is regulated and has the lever instead of the bolt. I did not want the Reflex silencer either, and the Revere comes without it. I ordered about a week ago and received it on Friday. I will admit, I like it a lot. The lever is silky smooth and the gun gets about 140 shots per fill, comes with the 5 year warrantee too. Just getting to know it now, but it seems to be very accurate. I will post video reviews as time allows. Thanks again.
D5A51DFB-6D42-4230-8C8D-E8191C658388.1628474091.jpeg

F2B20D46-600F-4461-AB06-CBCE5B35A599.1628474164.jpeg
E8E1FD16-D20D-4BC3-A1FF-1B7525E08B7B.1628474166.jpeg
321E37A6-DAF5-42F7-A4DA-2303D973E2C0.1628474168.jpeg

Thanks to all. @jking The sound is very mild since it is in .177 & sub 12, that's without an LDC. It is definitely backyard friendly just as is. A bit on the loud side if dry fired. Throw an LDC on it and it's extremely quiet regardless of what. The shot cycle is sublime, everything I wanted it to be. It is very accurate with a variety of pellets, definitely not pellet picky at all. This will be a hunter, so minute of squirrel is just fine. I will attach a picture of a 5 shot group at 25 meters, all are in the kill zone (1" target) all 5 are different pellets. As mentioned above, I will follow up with some video reviews on my YT channel. 
58D75388-85E5-41AB-B10B-DFC04AB63148.1628536054.jpeg

Interesting thread. I have just bought a Daystate Revere in .177cal doing the standard 18 ft/ibs. I would like to set the Huma regulator so it will do aprox 22-23 ibs shoot the 13grain JSB redesigns @ 870 ft/sec. I had a Whiscombe jw80 once doing clean 23ft/ibs in .177cal. Here I realized how effective that was out to 80 yards on pigeons, magpies and such. However the Jw80 was a big gun to carry around and was more meant for the bench or stationary hunting. I like a lightweight carry gun when lurking around for a pot shot.