Daystate's Delta Wolf HP in .22 (First Look)

delta.1635608167.JPG

Hey guys, I managed to get ahold of the first High Power (FAC) Daystate Delta Wolf HP .22 in the USA. There is a load of these headed to the USA now...so a pre-order will actually get you one within a month or 2. Thanks to AOA for letting me skip the line and bring you this close up look at the Delta Wolf HP .22. This video has no shooting. This is the first video in a 4 part series. This video covers all the specs and how to operate and program the Delta Wolf. I also explain why the Advanced Settings will give you better accuracy than the factory sets...(although they will both shoot like lasers). Thanks for watching! -Nate @ Airgun Channel 

https://youtu.be/B0GbSRNRg7U

Barrel Kits for caliber changes? LW barrels are hard to get now..so all Daystate's LW barrels will need to be used for complete guns. Kits in all calibers will eventually be available.

AOA would be better served providing this gun to a customer that has submitted their preorder, deposit, and patiently waiting.

How incredibly infuriating to let this clown come on here and tell us all how he skipped in front of the line?!?!?

I think you're being a bit harsh towards the OP. Right or wrong, guns are routinely sent to reviewers ahead of consumers; it's all about advertising and stimulating sales.

It's a used test bed. Cmon man

That's what I was about to say. No one who pre-paid $3400 wants a used gun. That gun also started life as a .25 cal...a real FrankenWolf. 

...maybe I was a little "too honest" in my video...ooops! 

...no hard feelings here. I'm still in a great mood. Can you blame me? 

Tony at Talon Tunes is sending me the first AGT Vulcan 3...I have been getting requests for that one. Not sure why people love those VULCANs so much....I guess we will find out! ...not sure when.

This Clown and AOA thought they were providing valuable service to the airgun community by showing this gun ahead of release and explaining how it operates. Too bad you dont agree. BTW, I may not know much about airguns...my talent lies in my abilty to make videos...that is why I get cuts.

Good point and an honest assessment.

Anyway Nate, no need to explain/respond to all the negative comments. Sometimes its best to just let it be. Let your videos speak for themselves. For what its worth, I generally enjoy them.

Chris

Hey, I have a 177 FAC DW that I use for FT, and I found out the hard way, that the steel ring around the barrel that powers up the chrony, MUST be spaced off the aluminum chassis of the gun. They come from the factory and the store with it slammed up tight, which when the gun warms up outside, WILL push your point of aim way down. After I called the DW authority here in Camp Verde Arizona, he told me it must be spaced off the chassis a business card or so, To fix, take out the 2 shroud screws and pull the shroud back a couple inches to expose the 2 screws that hold the steel collar. You will see the 3 contacts in the guns chassis are spring loaded and have about 1/8 inch of movement. I pulled the steel ring back, and then pushed forward until it powered up the chrony, then tightened the steel ring screws back up. I have plenty of daylight between the ring and the gun chassis now and the problem was an easy fix. Good luck...BC

What a bunch of whiners..!

The dealers send out for test what THEY want to. No ones holding the proverbial gun to their heads.

I'll just bet that advertising to the MANY with a video...is much preferable than selling to the, ONE. Even the whiners.

Mike

So lets just hurl insults right………..classy real classy. I was just pointing out a little poor PR on the part of the OP. None of this requires insulting comments no matter your opinion. AOA has had a very through review already done in house for almost a year and I doubt they would like the look at me I skipped the line comment just bad PR…

AOA would be better served providing this gun to a customer that has submitted their preorder, deposit, and patiently waiting.

How incredibly infuriating to let this clown come on here and tell us all how he skipped in front of the line?!?!?

Man shut up, lay out the $3400 with the cheap talk, you don't even know what kaylaindy holding back for you, let kaylaindy have his moment in pursuing the Delta with his hard work.

Some time the airgun community is like a bunch of wrinkled ass complainers

Hey guys. I appreciate everyone sticking up for me. I used to get mad about stuff like that...but just recently I learned to get over it. The last time I got mad at someone I made a real ass of myself and had to end up apologizing to everyone (here on AGN)....that was a real learning experience for me. I realized that I was kind of a jerk...and now I think differently. 

'here is some more info on the Delta Wolf:

They forgot to tell the gun how to de-cock. They must have just totally spaced it off. The bolt knows when it's open..why can't you hold the trigger down with the bolt open and then it knows your trying to de-cock it?

..oh yeah that's how you unlock the gun, but it takes a 4 second trigger pull, why not a one or two second trigger pull for de-cocking.

It's not just annoying, but dangerous. You can't change your settings without ending up with a cocked gun. So you have to shoot it to make the gun safe again. 

I'm curious to find out if they actually "just forgot" to program de-cocking, or if there is some reason for it. I think they just forgot. 

also my gun has no presets for .177 pellets. I guess that will be up to me to figure out. I think it should have at least 3-4 pellets programmed for each caliber (not .30 because there are only 2 kinds). 

The good news: maybe with that USB port you can just hook it to a PC computer and update it. Many companies (drones like DJI) will have updates that release new features and abilities for existing products. That would be cool. I'll ask AOA about the de-cocking next time I talk to them. 

Reactions: Goldwing
Hey, I have a 177 FAC DW that I use for FT, and I found out the hard way, that the steel ring around the barrel that powers up the chrony, MUST be spaced off the aluminum chassis of the gun. They come from the factory and the store with it slammed up tight, which when the gun warms up outside, WILL push your point of aim way down. After I called the DW authority here in Camp Verde Arizona, he told me it must be spaced off the chassis a business card or so, To fix, take out the 2 shroud screws and pull the shroud back a couple inches to expose the 2 screws that hold the steel collar. You will see the 3 contacts in the guns chassis are spring loaded and have about 1/8 inch of movement. I pulled the steel ring back, and then pushed forward until it powered up the chrony, then tightened the steel ring screws back up. I have plenty of daylight between the ring and the gun chassis now and the problem was an easy fix. Good luck…BC

O......................M.......................G! Thank you for that super valuable info! -Nate 

Jeff, this is a test gun that AoA had converted from a .25 to test out a .22 HP barrel that’s not yet on Delta Wolves in the USA. It’s also the gun that Robert Buchanan shot at the 75 yard qualifiers at EBR 2021, and the gun that i shot at the Open Unlimited Class Speed Silo (and neither of us did that well, but not the gun’s fault). It’s most certainly a well used gun that was set up to shoot the .22 RD Monsters. Nate only did what every You Tuber does, try and get his hands on new stuff to try out and make a video so we all benefit. For all we know this isn’t even the final barrel setup that will be on the actual production guns… If you really want a .25 or .30 they might be available now…