• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Woverine R Huma

Was just looking at them last night. Was saving up for a Huntsman Regal, but after looking at this Wolverine R, definitely more appealing. Looks like it is easily swapped to a lefty as well, so some day I will get enough pennies saved up to make the purchase. 

Looks like an awesome gun and with the Huma and side lever, will be really cool. 

Can't wait to hear some reviews when they start getting out.

Enjoy.

I think it's sexy as hell. I've been beating the drum for years for Daystate to regulate and make the transition to side lever. I'm sure the electronics on their other guns are very reliable, waterproof, etc etc., and I can't specifically tell you what about it that turns me off but suffice it to say it just isn't for me. Maybe I'd change my mind if I got my hands on one but I don't have that luxury living in Maine. 

Regardless, I really really want to try a Wolverine R type and most likely will sometime this year. I've had my heart set on a Crown for while and I'm actually calling to order one tomorrow or the next day. I only just discovered the regulated Daystate guns about a week ago and I have to say I considered waiting for one but ultimately it's the incredible adjustabliity of the Crown that is making me stick in the FX camp for now. I actually prefer the looks of the Wolverine over the Crown but I think being able to so conveniently make minute changes in the reg pressure and hammer spring will make finding that exact "sweet spot" in the harmonics of the rifle easier and thus lead to better accuracy / consistency.

That being said, I will eventually have a go at the Wolverine R. One thing I am curious about. On the opposite side of the dual gauges on the wolverine, there appears to be a "rod" of some sorts protruding from the breech block that runs parallel with the barrel. Does anyone know what this is or if it serves any functionality? I haven't heard anyone mention that the Huma regulator is externally adjustable but that piece looks awfully odd to not have some kind of functionality to it. I can't find a good pic of it but I'll link Giles's video from IWA below where they show it. The "rod" is located directly above the "Daystate" logo on the stock. If anyone can tell me what that might be (hopefully regulator adjustment) I'd be greatly appreciative. When you hit play on the video it should start right at the point where you can see it the best. 

2af83b3773a3d5e423a5dbad8712574d.jpg

"When firing the Wolverine Huma the pressure in the plenum chamber is a constant throughout the rifles air supply until the pressure in the rifles is at or below the regulator pressure setting. This setting is adjustable by the shooter to tune the rifle to a desired performance level. The factory settings give a combination of maximum power and consistent shots per fill of the rifle."

Did I misunderstand it?

"brucel"
2af83b3773a3d5e423a5dbad8712574d.jpg

"When firing the Wolverine Huma the pressure in the plenum chamber is a constant throughout the rifles air supply until the pressure in the rifles is at or below the regulator pressure setting. This setting is adjustable by the shooter to tune the rifle to a desired performance level. The factory settings give a combination of maximum power and consistent shots per fill of the rifle."
Did I misunderstand it?
Sure doesn't look like you misunderstood it at all. :) Hooooooo doggie! Now I REALLY can't wait to try one of these lol.