Daystate Daystate Wolverine R HP 303

This is the good one !!!:

Screenshot_20231128-180839.jpeg

I have the non regulated one. You can get over 100 fpe. It is a big rifle for hunting but extremely accurate. Mine has the carbon bottle and with 50 grain pellets I get 15 shots at 50 yards to the same point of impact. The 30 caliber is devastating on Fox and raccoons. You can even take small hogs with head shots.

Thinking about one of these anyone got any advice or tips, mainly for hunting. AOA has a Holiday special on them . This would be my first PCP gun. Thanks for any help .Mike
just curious , how much power do you need ? ground squirrels need 22 cal. 16 gr at 900 ft. muzzle velocity out to 70 yds . works real well ., i have a 303 , uses lots of air , much more expensive per shot , but if thats what you need or want thats cool .

just curious , how much power do you need ? ground squirrels need 22 cal. 16 gr at 900 ft. muzzle velocity out to 70 yds . works real well ., i have a 303 , uses lots of air , much more expensive per shot , but if thats what you need or want thats cool .
For hunting, .25 Cal is better than .22 Cal.

Javalinas, coyotes and white tailed deer (where allowed by law) require at least .30 Cal.

Fantastic gun, a bit heavy for hunting.
Actually 10.9 lbs scoped including my PRS accessories and moderator; but they are longish - quite a crack at the muzzle! If you want to know the weight(s) of some popular rigs for comparison = weights are fully loaded/prepped on digital scale:
79F9AD26-8D29-4BEB-9254-8E6BB92975A0_1_201_a.jpeg

I

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfdog
I have the OG Wolverine .303 unregulated. I zeroed the rifle at 75 yards so one mil dot hold under for 50 yards and three mil dots hold over at 100 yards. The rifle is an air and pellet hog. A compressor and tank is needed. One tin of 150 pellets takes a large air tank below 250 bar in a hurry.

I suggest a .22 Daystate Huntsman instead. Much better choice for a first PCP. More economical and more bang for the buck. YMMV.