• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Wolverine R - HP - .25

I just received my new Daystate. As I expected, it's breathtaking. This morning I noticed that both the cylinder pressure and regulator pressure gauges were both turned almost upside down making them both difficult to read and could be a problem when filling. I called AoA and was told that the Daystate factory torques them down and that's just the way it is! It's hard for me to believe that a $2000+ could be set up so sloppy! Please comment...thnx

The gun is not upside down and the gauges do not face directly at 6 o'clock...instead, one gauge faces 4 and the other faces 5 o'clock. Every online image of a Wolverine show the gauges vertical facing 12. I doubt whether those guns were "un-torqued" for the pics, but if there were, then I'd consider that misleading. Anyway, just trying to see what others have. This just might be the sloppy norm.

Each gauge would have to be individually machined or shimmed to time it correctly, the only other way being to use an O-ring which can result in a slow leak.

Most probably don't consider it that important

a) because the reg gauge is only a reference.

b) you should rely on the SCBA bottle gauge when filling and only use the gauge on the gun as a rough indicator of air left.

You could time them correctly if you really wanted but as above you risk a leak if you do so.

I want to share that you may be overthinking this. It's a great gun you've got there - one I've considered myself for a while now. But first hit on a Google search for pictures yielded this link https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/daystate-wolverine-r-hi-lite-walnut-177.html which clearly shows both gauges at whacked out times. I've never seen a gauge come straight on any PCP and if it were then I believe it to be the luck of the draw.

Now go enjoy your new airgun!! 👍

Each gauge would have to be individually machined or shimmed to time it correctly, the only other way being to use an O-ring which can result in a slow leak.

Most probably don't consider it that important

a) because the reg gauge is only a reference.

b) you should rely on the SCBA bottle gauge when filling and only use the gauge on the gun as a rough indicator of air left.

You could time them correctly if you really wanted but as above you risk a leak if you do so.

Enter the Daystate apologist, OP don't expect too much!

Not 100% sure how the gauges on Daystates are seated but each being machined/shimmed differently definitely sounds off. On my guns they use a delrin seat that has some give and can seal even if backed off. Alternatively a person can use a #105 oring that has alot of squish and can clock it how you want and seal. Again this isn't on a Daystate not sure why it would be so different in their guns.

1571365346_19773816695da921e2877047.89665598_E4CEFB6A-567D-4071-AF51-0AB5269112E1.png

I just needed to make a comment. I own the same gun in 25 caliber .. 

I also own 2 FX impacts, along with at least 12 other PCPs. Not one of them the gauges lineup just perfect . If it bothers you so much I would just use a fat O-ring an crank it down to the point you like it and hope for the best. By the way I bought my gun from AOA. They are awesome and they take care of me every way they can. Those guys really know their stuff. But if you’re wanting to make that thing really have some power. I would try to get a hold of Scott from Motorhead AG Tune out of Placerville Ca.

He took my regulated Wolverine HP and made it a true HP. He is a true bad ass* when it comes to Wolverine tuning!! My gun was originally shooting 50 foot pounds With 28 shots before falling off the regulator. And now it shoots 65 foot pounds and I get 34 shots before falling off the regulator using

varmint knocker 40 grain slugs**

And let me tell you right now; I have yet to find better quality slugs anywhere. Dale is a true gentleman* you can find him on eBay. And don’t be afraid to message him because he’ll get right back to you about any subject that is slug related. And he has a lot of different slugs made with pure soft choice lead.. which the wolverine really needs with the polygonal LW barrel *

1571369061_5615831025da93065b330d1.63313126_image.jpg
1571369090_8024767305da93082939ef9.60564141_image.jpg

I highly recommend any of these scopes !!

I currently have the Athlon first focal plane* on the wolverine .. and the other two scopes on my impacts 

FFP* is a must !! Because the distance between your minutes of angle or mill dots will stay the same at any magnification. What this means is, holdover is the same at any magnification *

You can find the Athlon on Amazon. Or the Optisan at Utah air guns .. or the Aztec Emerald at AOA. But make sure you get first focal plane. If you plan on doing any long range shooting using hold over. 

Hope this helps *

Blake L.

Ca.

Awesome!! You should be happy... I am with mine

Good solid clicks on the Tourette’s makes a nice audible sound. And holds zero through temperature variation. And rather good glass considering the price.. Not quite the same as the other two scopes but not worth double the price I paid on the other ones.. and I think it pairs up real nice. I used medium height rings to keep the scope close to the barrel. And it still lines up real nicely with my cheek weld..

And if you feel the need for a bipod dont drill a hole through your beautiful walnut stock .. I would not recommend it. You can find a nice tank clamp on Utah air guns website. It works superb! doesn’t move, nice and rigid. The same guys that make side shot & Donnie FL paired up.. and they’re making a lot of nice stuff. The company is Saber Tactical .

1571385694_891722885da9715e10f784.19297376_7BE41F69-8CD6-497F-B4E2-25698FCE773F.jpeg
1571385694_13395430635da9715eef1605.87168208_295FC5B1-FEF9-41FD-A374-A199D1536876.jpeg
Enjoy your gun. I do

I bought BKL high rings and a DonnyFL Sumo. Will probably get the Sumo Cerakoted. Just had AoA rebuild my FWB 124. Bought it in 1979. It's still beautiful, easy to cock, and shoots holes thru holes with the original William's peep sights. Love it. Thanks for all of you info.

Gonna try taking down a pkg with the Wolverine. About a 50-60 yard short right behind the eye.

Thread got a little off topic so to get it back on, here is my suggestion. Degas the gun and take out the gauges. If "O" rings don't work well, take the gauges and go to a good hardware store to buy a series of flat washers of varying thickness. Then add some teflon tape to the threads and reinstall the gauges to near the tightness it was when removed. There is leeway in the torque needed to prevent leakage and / or damage to the threads.

I have a Wolverine R and both my gauges are dead on perfect. They can be made to work that way.

Bobby you’re a lucky man !! That wolverine will definitely lay the smack down on Porky ! I wish my state would let me take these pigs .. they cause havoc & roam along the river by my house as they tear up freshly planted cornfields !! I’d love to kill one with any of my big bore or medium size Airguns..

Post a picture in the hunting section after you take one I’d love to see it .