• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Wolverine R Hi Power!

It's outstanding. 

1545956666_17693406505c256d3a8f78e1.93412184_IMG_4488.JPG

I was one of the first to get one and I'm glad I did. One of the worst things about getting one of the first available was waiting for AoA to take their website photo! 😁 lol!

1545956754_6551817725c256d923c9e45.90817437_Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 5.19.04 PM.png

I haven't done anything to it except mount a rail on it. It's one of those rifles that you can pick up and know just what to expect. I wouldn't compare it to a Crown or a Red Wolf because of the inherent tuning that those rifles entice you to do. I would compare it to my sweetheart Royale because you just pick it up and shoot it. It's got comfort, reliability, accuracy, beauty... 

Michael (the forum owner) summed it up pretty nicely in another thread,

"After shooting some of the most "high-tech" guns on the market I decided to simplify things a bit with the Wolverine R. By that I mean… Simple (no external adjustments), beautiful (look at that stock), efficient (gobs of shots), quiet & effective(no translation necessary). Out of the box I am pleasantly surprised with the fit, finish, and performance of this English beauty. Instructions: open box, admire, clean barrel, mount scope, have fun. Yeah!"

I agree completely. Especially with that last part!

Happy Shooting!

Tom

I have one of these Wolverine R .22 HP's as well.

Here's a link to pictures I took of mine:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/daystate-wolverine-r-hp-eye-candy/

Mine is stock, straight out of the box, shooting the 25.4g JSB redesigned at 920 fps.

It likes both the JSB 18.1g and JSB 25.4g Redesigned pellets well enough. The regulator on these HP's is set high - mine is around 170 bar or so, guessing based on the gauge.

I tried various slugs from NSA and it didn't really like any of them, so YMMV with slugs in general.

The gun is long and heavy so be mindful of how you plan on shooting with it. It's a perfect bench rest gun, not so much a woods walker.

The best part is that the gun is tuned already from the factory. And it has a 5 year transferrable warranty.

Issues: none

Shoots good: Yes, but pellet choices are limited in the HP .22 version due to lack of external power adjustments - so far 18.1g and 25.4g do well; still need to try the 21.1g H&N's; doesn't like the NSA's in any weight

Accurate: Yes, see above; I can get 1/2" groups at 50 yards, so I'm pleased.

Holding up: really well - it's a safe queen that gets pampered

Worth: It's worth the cost - it's one of those guns you'll likely own for many years to come - I traded a few air rifles for it because I knew it's going to keep its value over time

Comparisons: I own a 25cal Crown Synthetic too, and accuracy is slightly higher with the Crown because it's able to be tuned for each specific weight pellet.

One thing to note: I'm not sure if the Wolverine R HP version has a Harper Slingshot System installed. Once it falls off the regulator, each subsequent shot is a few FPS slower. There is no flat curve like I see with my Daystate Huntsman Regal XL (non-Huma) in 22 cal. So if you want high shot count, go with a standard Wolverine R. If you think you'll need the extra power of the HP version while sacrificing shot count, go with the HP.

Those are some sweet looking pictures of the Wolverine R!!! That wood stock is some of the best i have seen. This gun is very appealing indeed especially with the new regulator, side lever, hi power shot count and the 5 yr warranty which to my understanding is the best in the airgun market. 

I am contemplating one last air rifle purchase and this one seems to be it, but there is the SHOT show 2019 in January coming up and very curious to see what other offerings Daystate will bring to the show as well as what other manufacturers. I don't want to regret purchasing this after finding out that Daystate is releasing a newer version of Wolverine in January. It definitely is not comparable by any means to the Crown of which i own but wanted something simple and different to pick up and shoot. 

If some one of you guys can do a video review of it, that would be sweet : ) 

I know Tom Cat makes some very good airguns review videos 

Those are some sweet looking pictures of the Wolverine R!!! That wood stock is some of the best i have seen. This gun is very appealing indeed especially with the new regulator, side lever, hi power shot count and the 5 yr warranty which to my understanding is the best in the airgun market. 

I am contemplating one last air rifle purchase and this one seems to be it, but there is the SHOT show 2019 in January coming up and very curious to see what other offerings Daystate will bring to the show as well as what other manufacturers. I don't want to regret purchasing this after finding out that Daystate is releasing a newer version of Wolverine in January. It definitely is not comparable by any means to the Crown of which i own but wanted something simple and different to pick up and shoot. 

If some one of you guys can do a video review of it, that would be sweet : ) 

I know Tom Cat makes some very good airguns review videos

Thanks @Renegade_626

The stocks on Daystates are hand picked for appearance. I have seen a few pictures of others that would give mine a run for its money. I think one of the ones I'm thinking of just sold in the classifieds a few weeks ago. 

I'll be headed to Shot Show this year again and the Daystate booth will be the first stop on my list. I haven't heard any rumors for anything yet. Thanks for the compliment. 😄

The Wolverine R rose to a top spot in my collection VERY quickly! There are the obvious reasons for this such as accuracy and ease of use. But, then there are the not so obvious reasons such as comfort, weight, finding the right pellet/rifle combo quickly, pride of ownership, etc. It's extremely rare for a rifle to rise up to the top of my collection so quickly. Overall, us air gunners are very detail oriented and quick to find and pick out the flaws in a rifle. This is especially true in an online forum setting where you have multiple eyes and owners focusing on the rifles in all different ways. Can I pick on the Wolverine R? Sure! (I'll get to that next) I can pick on any rifle for one thing or another. That being said, when I go to relax with some target shooting, and I see my rifles all lined up and ready to go, I find myself grabbing that "R" more than any of the others. Consider that those other rifles ready to go are my Red Wolf, Crown, and sweetheart Royale, to name a few. That should tell you something about the enjoyment and performance of the "R."

If I had to pick on it - I wish it had an adjustable cheek rest. However, having that would take away from the look of rifle and if it were re-designed it might not be as comfortable in other areas. I'd also like to see Daystate incorporate some style of "grip" on the outside of the magazine making it easier to rotate and less likely to slip. I'd like to see a little less spring tension on the cocking handle but, maybe I've been spoiled by the Red Wolf. 😉 I'd also like to see them give some attention to picatinny rail installation. Generally, this goes for all manufacturers. As beautiful as the Wolverine R is, it was one of the most challenging rifles to install a rail on and feel secure with. Not only was there very little material to work with which limited the options for securing the rail but, there was also a very small area to work in which limited the length of rail to be used. Again, this is something that would probably take away from the elegance of the design. However, I feel it's much more worth while in this instance rather than the adj. cheek rest.

Gotta get back to work y'all...

Happy Shooting!

Tom

1546017152_20469194135c265980f25847.71775985_IMG_4479.JPG
1546017154_4327155385c26598234e118.73859962_IMG_4480.JPG

It would be nice if you could do a full review on the Daystate Wolverine Hi Powered version Tom!!! i am sure it will generate a lot of views, not many videos of this gun. 

I am really loving the simplicity of this gun as it can be a pain to have to work on an air rifle consistently to get it to shoot right. I am however second thinking picking up this gun since i do have the crown and impact already and have an RAW on the way....just soo many guns and little funds : ( But yeah, this gun does seem to have less adjustability than the Crown and to adjust the regulator on the Wolverine you pretty much have to take off the entire stock on the rifle to fine tune it. Can't change calibers, or rifling, no adjustable cheekpiece, comes in a foam box instead of a nice latched hard plastic carton foamed case with latches on it....like all the FX guns come in. Not to mention the price is higher than some of FX's top of the line airguns.