• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Wolverine "R" - First Impressions / Shots on Target / Pics

As far as reg. pressure, 135 bar doesn't sound unreasonable for the Daystate. Unless they made major changes to the action (and they may have) the transfer port diameter from pressure tube or bottle to the HP side of the Harper Valve is very small (pencil lead diameter) compared to some other guns, and especially compared to the EDgun. When I added a Huma to my .22 Renegade, I needed to set the reg. pressure to between 135 and 140 bar to get 860 to 865 fps (30 FPE). If DS didn't change much from the older action, I doubt you'll be able to get more than 895 to 900 fps with 18.1 JSB. They may have it set to 860 to 865 fps because that happens to be the most accurate velocity with that gun/barrel combination. Also, those tiny Daystate gages are notoriously inaccurate. Consider yourself lucky that its only off 5 bar. 

"Michael"
You're correct, the only challenge is disassembling 1/2 the gun to get to it (and worrying about damaging o-rings along the way). Which isn't a problem if you're methodical in your approach. Negative, you cannot access it simply by removing the bottle.

I figured accessing the regulator adjustment wouldn't be as easy as removing the bottle, for better or worse Daystate doesn't do easy. :/

I tend to find that 850-870 fps is the best velocity for 18g jsb's as a rule of thumb. Enough power as makes no difference and far fewer flyers than 900+.

I've also found the daystates I've owned are usually in as good a state of tune as I could ever get them. There's a reason they're some of the quietest shooting guns out there - with their Harper valves, slingshot hammers, clean shot cycle and state of tune (and now huma reg), they're most often already in what everyone seems to be calling 'harmony' these days. Of course their will always be someone that gets one that could be improved, but looking at those 35 yard groups I have my doubts your 100yard ones will be anything but great.

Congrats on an awesome gun.

@kiba - I hope you win that argument and your mate just buys a .25 HP. For the reasons above as well as all the time it'll take you to tune the other one for higher power... 

I’m definitely going to put the gun through it’s paces before I fiddle with anything. Like others have mentioned, every Daystate I have ever owned has come tuned up pretty darn well right out of the box. I only tinkered with my .22 air ranger and that was simply because I wanted to shoot the 21 gr Kodak’s at 900. Getting it there was pretty simple with just a couple hammer spring spacers and I did a little polish work on the transfer port. That makes sense about having the higher than normal reg pressure with the slingshot hammer after thinking about how consistent my old unregulated Wolverine B was. 

I forgot to reply about the scope. I love the Sightron scopes. I run the SIII line on all of my .22’s and .17 HMR rifles and I have three different S Tac series scopes on air rifles. I enjoy clear glass after shooting precision center fire rifles with nice German scopes for most of my life. These do a great job in that department and have been 100% reliable since day one. I would estimate that I have owned over 10 Sightron scopes total so far and currently own 6. I like em. I stick with the S-Tac and SIII series scopes and havnt has any experience with any of the SIII or SI series. 

Thank you @SocalTrail in the great review ... I always want to get a Daystate Wolverine since the day I got into the airgun world. However, I don't like the way it's not regulated and bolt action. The Daystate Wolverine 2 R ... is the one I was waiting for long long time ... Can I know how much you pay for it?. I consider to get one as soon as I have a budget ...
Thank you
Kenny, 

Thanks for a very well done review SoCal. Kinda pissed me off for a second and had to call AOA and say where the hell is mine ? I ordered a .25 in March...Turns out the .25's are still MIA for now. Hopefully very soon and that it is as impressive as the .22. I imagine it will be. I should be able to handle the wait as I ordered a Edgun R5 .30 yesterday. I thinking these PCP guns may be a bit on the addicting side ! I do remain Jealous of you at this time.
Cheers ,Scott

Just a little update... I’ve yet to stretch the Wolverine out past 50 yards but I was able to work out a 45 yard shooting lane at my house. No pics from the targets because I forgot to grab the target off the holder and the sprinkler subsequently soaked it and ruined it. I had 50 rounds down range all in 5 shot groups shot through the magazine and every group was well under 1/2”, no exaggeration. The accuracy and consistency that I’m seeing in this rifle is amazing. The addition of the Huma regulator really fined tuned an already great rifle. I am absolutely loving everything about the rifle thus far and would highly recommend it. I will hopefully have a chance to get some 100 yard groups on paper in the next couple weeks. Cheers! 

"Technoman"Thanks for a very well done review SoCal. Kinda pissed me off for a second and had to call AOA and say where the hell is mine ? I ordered a .25 in March...Turns out the .25's are still MIA for now. Hopefully very soon and that it is as impressive as the .22. I imagine it will be. I should be able to handle the wait as I ordered a Edgun R5 .30 yesterday. I thinking these PCP guns may be a bit on the addicting side ! I do remain Jealous of you at this time.
Cheers ,Scott
Technoman, have they given you a time frame for delivery?

AOA doesn't like to commit and I understand that. Someone there knows what's on the boat or they would have serious accounting problems. I was told a couple of weeks ago that they get an order in about once a month. Told also that the.25 barrel availability might be the choke point. I'm really hoping to hear from them any day now. I absolutely HATE the word preorder for anything. I think my limit for waiting will be July 1st. I will own the gun eventually........

1539115865_5843857565bbd0b594b0450.43405946_BCD005C5-C57E-432D-A6FB-545ECF44840C.jpeg
1539115865_15481155665bbd0b59a572d8.84762742_D61A4107-1227-4844-B204-264DAD1AACC9.jpeg
Hello, I have just received my new rifle Daystate Wolverine R HP .22 but I have a very big problem for the power. The rifle displays an average power of 12 ftlbs and no way to increase its power. I opened the two screws of the barrel but I found that the hole in the barrel is parallel to the air intake.

I am waiting for your emergency response because I am convinced that you have the solution. I bought a high power HP rifle and not a toy.

Dear, friend thanks for this full experience about your Wolverine R. I have a Wolverine HP/R/0.25 and a few days ago it sound strange because the breech O´ring appears into the magazine in the middle of two pellets. Well I've changed the O-ring but I cant make groups. Can you suggest what is happening or any idea? I would apreciate. Add to this, the side lever arm was broken because the back pressure on the breech because of O-ring failure, I mean: at the same moment that was the back pressure I had in my right hand the side lever and opposite forces made that the join between the side lever arm and bolt got broken. I don't if got the idea but I would appreciate your help if possible.

download.png
1543066844_2354270205bf954dc5f62a9.79224076_20181105 BEFORE CHANGE ORING.jpg

download.png
1543066844_5170656785bf954dca34380.86409485_20181116 AFTER CHANGE ORING.jpg