Daystate Wolverine magazine / breech seal issues fixed ?

Hi all,

I am currently looking at the Daystate Wolverine R HP, and have come across many complaints about the magazine causing frequent damage to the probe and breech seals.

I also have read a whole lot about some new design of the Daystate magazine, but in all my research, I can't sort it all out......almost info overload, if that makes sense ?

So, quick and easy question for all the Wolverine fans here :

Does the latest re-design of the Daystate magazine completely eliminate the breech seal / pellet probe damage ? (Or do you find it still occurring sometimes?)

Thanks in advance for any help and clarification you can share !

-Gerry.

Maybe it's an age thing, but I can't remember a complaint on the Wolverine about magazines or breech seals. Any rifle that requires you to push a pellet through the breech seal will at some point require you to replace it from wear but the complaints I can remember were on the Red Wolf and are a product of the power increases over the design intent. This has all been resolved but as far as I know. The Wolverine never has been about pushing the power boundaries and everything just works as it should.
Bob

The old style mag, with its anti-double load feature, could cause some slight damage to the probe, the effect of which was, IMO, way overstated. I've never seen evidence that it caused any functional problem. The new mag design prevents that, but also allows double loading. So, neither is perfect, but both are fine.
Here's a photo of the damage to my Renegade. I had 8 breech seal leaks in the first 3 months of ownership. When using the magazine, each shot got progressively worse. At 25 yards the final shot from the magazine would be off by inches.
I used a Dremel to trim off the offending edge of the actuator on the magazine and problem solved. That was over 3 years ago and I have not had one single breech seal failure since I made the repair and every shot from the magazine is now accurate.
My Pulsar also had damage but not as bad. So I decided to leave the magazine alone. Then while out shooting the magazine jammed. I took it apart later and found that the edge of the actuator had broken off, so it sort of repaired itself.

Sadly, Daystate was no help at all and said it was "just cosmetic". After repeated complaints they finally agreed to let AOA replace the probe.

Then they designed a completely new magazine that doesn't damage the gun. Just a coincidence? I think not.

RenegadeProbe.jpg

Reactions: Stone02
That is interesting. I understand how the actuator in the old mags can dent the probe, I had a couple that looked like yours. But, they both shot fine, and I never had a breech seal issue. I don't doubt your experience, but I'm having trouble understanding how it affects clambering, and causes breech seal damage. Regardless of the condition of the probe, it should remain centered during chambering. Do you have a theory on how it's causing the O ring damage?

Reactions: Stone02