• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Wolverine 303 Hi-Lite Range Report

Hey All

I purchased a new Daystate Wolverine 303 Hi-Lite a few weeks ago and I am just now getting a chance to use it. I purchased some Daystate Emperor Pellets with it and that’s all I’ve used so far. 

I am am getting about 22 shots out of it before the shots start to fall off. I would estimate that in a hunting situation, you could stay at minute-of-rabbit for 30 shots. 

The trigger is amazing and breaks like glass at 1lb 2oz exactly according to my Lyman Pull Gauge. (5 pull average.)

Previously, my best shooting guns were a tie between my Daystate Airwolf .25 or my FX Impact .25. I believe the Impact might be slightly more accurate but the Airwolf has a better trigger and stock for my shooting style. 

I am am amazed by the accuracy and have managed to get 18-20mm 3-shot groups at 85 Yards. (My home Range only goes out to 85 Yards). At 50 Yards it just produces one ragged hole endlessly. I’m not sure about down range power but I am blowing clean through my pressure treated 2x10 backstops at 85 Yards. 

Overall, 100 pellets in I am very pleased with the Daystate Wolverine 303 Hi-Lite. I’ll keep this report updated as I continue to use it. 

Here are some grouping pics:

50 Yards:

2f8b3958b0a3290067a3d62551b04323.jpg

85 Yards:

437ce61a36960e3232fa084755f2c2a7.jpg

There is no getting around the noise. It isn’t Sam Yang big bore loud, but it is noticeable. I shoot in a really remote location so it’s no big deal for me. 

If if you aren’t in Canada you could try a silencer/moderator as the Barrel is threaded. Sadly not an option here for us Canucks. 

If if you want a quiet tack driver, Airwolf MCT in .25 all the way. Super quiet, not too heavy and superb accuracy.

"whitetail17"Very Nice. I have a couple questions for you. I too recently just purchased a wolverine 2 HP .22 not .303. I was told it has the same working parts. What pressure do you fill to?

At what pressure do you reach max speed?

Mine is marked to fill to a max 250BAR and I shot down to around 130 before getting a noticeable drop in POI. I haven't broken out the chronograph yet, but it seems to shoot best at 190-230 BAR. (This is where I got the best 8-12 shots in terms of repeatability.) Given you have a 22, I would expect 30+ good shots in this sweet spot.

When I break out the chronograph next week I'll post the results.