• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Wolverine 2C

1525960719_14816478795af4500fc51fe7.97617540_20180510_010529.jpg
My benchrest tack driver.

Daystate Wolverine 2C, .177 calibre, Hawke 10x44 Sidewinder, AirFective carbon fibre silencer, Rowan Engineering single shot adapter, Harris SRBM bipod.

This is my tool against which I judge all others. I use it for benchrest target shooting at 50 metres, and it is a tack driver - proper, actual, pellet-on-pellet accuracy. It's got a good, solid heft to it, and I have it set to a hair trigger to minimise unwanted movement when firing.

Prior to this, I owned an HW100KT which - as everyone knows - is also made of awesome. The only reason I sold the Weihrauch was because I can shoot better scores with the Daystate. Just to quantify that statement, I don't think that either rifle is better than the other in any way, shape or form; they each have different pros and cons, but both are bang-on, straight out the box, amongst the finest modern PCP rifles on the market. The Wolverine is heavier, but better balanced, and I find the stock is better suited to benchrest than the HW100's. Essentially, the Daystate simply suits my style of shooting more so than the Weihrauch, and that is why I, personally, can shoot better scores with it.

Mike, I use 8.44gr Air Arms Field Diabolos, JSB Exact, or Daystate Rangemaster Sovereign, in 4.52mm.

They're all essentially the same pellet, just made with different alloy mixtures. They are the same weight and shape, and have the same ballistic coefficient, and none of my rifles are pellet fussy, so I usually buy a few tins of whatever is cheapest at the time

Maximum velocity would be 802fps, for legal reasons, but the Wolverine shoots consistently at around 780 - 790fps, until pressure drop-off