• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Daystate Sovereign

When I ordered my Daystate Regal XL I asked a representative of AOA which pellets the .22 model liked. (They test every rifle they sell.) He said they liked JSB 15.89 but they preferred the Daystate Sovereign 16gn. I just wondered if any of you have tried the Daystate Sovereign. This rep said he shot in competition and the Sovereign was way more accurate than JSB. I trust the judgement of the people in this forum much more than a saleman pushing a higher priced pellet over a proven brand of pellets. I would like to hear your opinion before I order more pellets. Thank You in advance for your help.

I haven't tried the Sovereign (which are made by JSB), but I can say that the Air Arms Diabolo Field (also made by JSB) are the most accurate I've shot from my Regal XL at 40+ yards. They are 16 grain and have a 5.51mm head size while I believe the Sovereign are 15.9 grain and have a 5.5mm head size.

Just goes to show that you need to try multiple pellets to find which one the barrel likes best.