• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Safari Wild West Adventure (AGN Exclusive)

In late October 2019 Claudio Flores from Patagonia Airguns came all the way from Chile to visit me for a few weeks. I took Claudio with me into the mountains for a few days of hunting and over that time became really impressed with his Daystate Safari. In late December 2019 I received a brand new Daystate Safari in .30 caliber directly from Airguns Of Arizona that I was excited to review. Aside from being excited I was at the same time very skeptical of electronic rifles and had really no experience with shooting them. My thoughts were electronics are a poor choice for dependability having to rely on a battery to run the electronics as well as some issues that may come from cold weather. Fast forward to now my ideas of these rifles have dramatically changed as this gun has been with me on literally hundreds of trips into the field. Since I've had the Safari I have exposed it to some of the worst conditions a gun could go through, even as far as leaving it outside on the ground during a snowstorm. I obviously do lots of filming so I'm no stranger to electronics giving me issues in cold weather, especially with batteries. The Safari has functioned perfectly for me under these extreme excursions and in fact had been going for over 8 months before I decided to recharge the battery. The stock on the Safari is one of the nicest lumber I have seen on an off the shelf gun, unique barn wood grained look to it that spells tough! Many of the guns I test handle rugged conditions but the moisture takes it's toll on usually the finish, bolts and any exposed metal surfaces. The Safari has not one bit of rust or corrosion on it that tells me they have held nothing back as far as quality finish and fastening components such as bolts and screws. My initial review of this gun was very good with no complaints other than the gun falls asleep and needs to have the safety taken off to wake up, one thing I have gotten used to over the past year. This last week Marley and I headed into the field to spend four days scouting and exploring the backcountry for Coyotes and Jackrabbits. The area we were hunting is very close to resembling East Africa, it’s home to animals such as Pronghorn Antelope, Tule elk, Fox, Coyote, Mountain Lions, Wild Pigs and a wide variety of birds. The area is vast and consist of approx 38,900 acres of hurtable area, one of the more remote locations I frequent.

snapshot165.1612458676.png

Marley and I spent the first two days filming for several projects as well as trying to bring in some of the large Coyotes found throughout the vast property. This is not the kind of place you park and hunt, it requires some serious footwork to get into some prime locations. 

snapshot167.1612458839.png

Several miles of hiking can easily take most of the day due to the steep rolling hills that eventually lead into the snow covered mountains. The views of the surrounding mountain ranges were simply spectacular and unique to the area.

snapshot156.1612458963.png

Marley and I had no luck with the Coyotes but did get connect with a few large Jackrabbits as well as few Ground Squirrels over the four days. We had a great time camping, cooking and exploring the few lost relics of the old West. 

snapshot177.1612459276.png

snapshot181.1612459115.png

Here is the enclosed video documentation of my experience with the Safari and a good look at some amazing territory.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/r7vojURnQZQ

Marley is so cool. Does he have his Rattlesnake booster shot? I like the Safari stock best. It looks more rugged and functional than the glossy laminated Red Wolf's.

PK

Thanks, She is a neat little dog. The booster shot is essentially worthless and in rare cases gives a bit more time for treatment. The best is avoidance training that she has plenty of, not running dogs in Summer months is the best way to ensure safety. The Safari stock is in my opinion one of the best hunting stocks, beefy enough to beat a door down with.