Daystate Safari or FX Crown

I am very very happy with all the respons I get

I have to comment about the Daystate from my surroundings I hear is that the Daystate is perfect out to 75 to 80 yards and afther that it is........and most of them shoot competion

I know a lot of people do not want to hear this but that's what I hear continuously (and I am sorry for this)

But then again they do not shoot or have a Safari but they had a earlier Daystate in the past and all said the build quality was top so I wonder....

And yes I know I can almost buy 2 Crowns for one Safari but the build quality is very good of the Safari and it looks great

And I know that the new Crown barrel design is way better and tighter (like the continium)

But it al comes to the facts and how accurate it is ofcourse I quess that is what makes people give a smile on there face at the range

So I am still in doubt what to do

So more input is desirable , thanks so far

I have 2 of each, specifically .30 SAFARI & CROWN, .22 SAFARI also, plus I have .25 barrels for both and both models in .177 as well, HP and 12FPE.

I have recently been doing a lot of tinkering with the new FX SUPERLITE system on the Crown Continuum and although accurate there can be huge issues with POI shift and having to index the liners to get the initial zeroing of the gun right, this is never the case with the Redwolf IME.

Contrary to popular belief it is very easy to change calibers on the Redwolf, especially from .22 to .25 and reverse, I have found that no programming is required for both to shoot extremely well at 100 yards with nothing more than changing the barrel and probe, TOMCAT did a video on how to acheive this.

The new DELTAWOLF could be seen to have removed the arguments on caliber changes and tuning completely though, effectively negating the "perceived" advantage of FX's caliber change system, although IME you end up investing a huge amount in these extra barrels and probes etc. so FX caliber changing certainly isnt cheap.

Above all the aesthetics and QC of the Redwolf wins out IMO, certainly the .30 SAFARI pips the post in the accuraccy stakes at 100+ IME and this is as set up from the factory, I absolutely love the Daystate electronic trigger and have never had issues with them, the FX units seem to constantly lose a stage or fail to reset though which annoys the hell out of me, but the trigger is good when it works.

Above all the aesthetics and QC of the Redwolf wins out IMO, certainly the .30 SAFARI pips the post in the accuraccy stakes at 100+ IME and this is as set up from the factory, I absolutely love the Daystate electronic trigger and have never had issues with them, the FX units seem to constantly lose a stage or fail to reset though which annoys the hell out of me, but the trigger is good when it works.

Yeah, the only way I have found to keep the FX trigger reliable, is to adjust it a bit heavier than I prefer. Granted, the trigger on my Royale 400 is a little different than some of the newer models, which may be more flexible in adjustment. For bench use only, I have adjusted out the first stage completely, and by doing so, you can get it lighter, but in that mode, the trigger roll is on the very edge of releasing the hammer, not a safe scenario for anything but bench use. That said, it is a perfectly acceptable field trigger. Mine releases between 8 and 9 ounces, with the first stage stop between 5 and 6. So, I'm holding only 3 ounces or so for release. Adjusted in this manner, it should be safe for field use, although I usually do not any air rifle safety for movement in the field. 

This is interesting because just yesterday I was shooting slugs (for the hell of it!) and pellets, decided I should change the breech seal O-ring (I do this every yr. whether it needs it or not?) and clean the inner/outer barrel... here it goes! take scope off 5min, pull barrel 5min, take out and put in new breech seal 10min, take off shroud 3min, clean inner/outer barrel 5min. 30min for disassembly- 15min. To reassemble! Negligible point of impact change! You might be able to do this quicker with the crown but I guaranty you will have a greater point of impact change! Now I know I’m going to get lit up for these comments! And guess what I don’t care! Oh ya and the trigger still sucks on the Fx’s...😉 and I want to add that accuracy is subjective and can vary considerably among the same model! Also the barrel is just one of these factors! To shoot accurately in the field (Benchrest/hunting/FT/plinking etc.) the gun has to fit your style your physique and attitude! “You have to be confident in your equipment to shoot at your best in any discipline you choose!”

This is interesting because just yesterday I was shooting slugs (for the hell of it!) and pellets, decided I should change the breech seal O-ring (I do this every yr. whether it needs it or not?) and clean the inner/outer barrel... here it goes! take scope off 5min, pull barrel 5min, take out and put in new breech seal 10min, take off shroud 3min, clean inner/outer barrel 5min. 30min for disassembly- 15min. To reassemble! Negligible point of impact change! You might be able to do this quicker with the crown but I guaranty you will have a greater point of impact change! Now I know I’m going to get lit up for these comments! And guess what I don’t care! Oh ya and the trigger still sucks on the Fx’s...
1f609.svg

Oh really? Have you shot a boss or royale before?