Daystate Revere.

26460755-EF30-4DFD-81DE-D445EBBDB1DB.1645567551.jpeg
Daystate arrived today. Getting ready to try it out. 

I have Revere in .22, great rifle, killed a few pests with it this week. My only complaint was the barrel ring, which did nothing except generate a rattle, so I removed it. It has become my go-to rifle for marauding back yard bird feeder squirrels. Enjoy.

You can just take a narrow wrap of scotch tape and place it on the barrel and hide it with the barrel ring. No more rattle.

jk

I have Revere in .22, great rifle, killed a few pests with it this week. My only complaint was the barrel ring, which did nothing except generate a rattle, so I removed it. It has become my go-to rifle for marauding back yard bird feeder squirrels. Enjoy.

You can just take a narrow wrap of scotch tape and place it on the barrel and hide it with the barrel ring. No more rattle.

jk

Yes, you absolutely can, and many folks do. I prefer removing it to avoid any potential shift in its pressure on the shroud. As it comes, the shroud is floating in the the ring, so it's not actually a support, but more an aesthetic feature. The support systems I prefer are ones that actually support the barrel, not a shroud, as on the Taipan Veteran. Which is ironic, since the Taipan barrel screws into the breech block, and is solid as a vault with no additional support. It seems most air rifle designs use a rather flimsy barrel attachment system, depending on a couple of small grub screws to maintain alignment. And this Daystate ring really does nothing to enhance it. But as with most air rifles, if not bumped around, it does okay. 

jk

Yes, you absolutely can, and many folks do. I prefer removing it to avoid any potential shift in its pressure on the shroud. As it comes, the shroud is floating in the the ring, so it's not actually a support, but more an aesthetic feature. The support systems I prefer are ones that actually support the barrel, not a shroud, as on the Taipan Veteran. Which is ironic, since the Taipan barrel screws into the breech block, and is solid as a vault with no additional support. It seems most air rifle designs use a rather flimsy barrel attachment system, depending on a couple of small grub screws to maintain alignment. And this Daystate ring really does nothing to enhance it. But as with most air rifles, if not bumped around, it does okay.

My first Regal had that rattle but my second one didn't. I just look at as a little insurance in case of those bumps. It's a loose enough fit that the air tube pressure probably isn't an issue anyway. To each there own as they say. Have a good one.

jking