Daystate Revere satisfaction

Those rifles are a Beauty.

I do not know why Daystate do not include a larger cilinder, maybe 350 cc, in order to get some more shots per fill: 60 on .22 and 50 on .25

That rifle would be a classic and must to have !

Thought of the same.

The barrellength is currently 17” on these Reveres. A version with 24” barrel and let the airtube follow equally.

Daystate could easely do it calling them the ‘long’ & ‘short’ version( or whatever)..

The answer might be, a longer barrel and cylinder version would detract from the true classic nature of the Huntsman line. Daystate offers several options for higher power and shot count. With the Huntsman's history tied solidly to the 12 fpe English heritage, a longer, heavier version would not be as generally aesthetically appealing, nor would it offer the same easy handling. If you look at some of the HP offerings on the market, the weight and length of those things make a purist wretch, like putting a trailer hitch on a Ferrari. Just my opinion, but I hope they leave the Huntsman platform exactly as it is. 

Reactions: bamavet55
The answer might be, a longer barrel and cylinder version would detract from the true classic nature of the Huntsman line. Daystate offers several options for higher power and shot count. With the Huntsman's history tied solidly to the 12 fpe English heritage, a longer, heavier version would not be as generally aesthetically appealing, nor would it offer the same easy handling...

+1 

My sentiments exactly!

Well said.

The Regal/Revere is special because Daystate produced the perfect formular. To alter it would destroy that special formular. 

The change to lever-action from the bolt-action is about as much change as I can stand in the Regal. 

The answer might be, a longer barrel and cylinder version would detract from the true classic nature of the Huntsman line. Daystate offers several options for higher power and shot count. With the Huntsman's history tied solidly to the 12 fpe English heritage, a longer, heavier version would not be as generally aesthetically appealing, nor would it offer the same easy handling. If you look at some of the HP offerings on the market, the weight and length of those things make a purist wretch, like putting a trailer hitch on a Ferrari. Just my opinion, but I hope they leave the Huntsman platform exactly as it is.

The shot count should be very good for a 12 fpe, but is absolutely inconvenient for a 45 fpe .25 Cal.

Let the English be happy with the 12 fpe version and let the rest of the world have what we desire from those superb rifles!

I may only speak for what I know: Air Ranger, Wolverine HP HR, Renegade and Renegade HP, deserve a different category.

Daystate are not only superb rifles (as all AGT are), they are also the finest rifles on the market !!! Each Daystate is a piece of art.

The shot count should be very good for a 12 fpe, but is absolutely inconvenient for a 45 fpe .25 Cal.

Let the English be happy with the 12 fpe version and let the rest of the world have what we desire from those superb rifles!

I may only speak for what I know: Air Ranger, Wolverine HP HR, Renegade and Renegade HP, deserve a different category.

Daystate are not only superb rifles (as all AGT are), they are also the finest rifles on the market !!! Each Daystate is a piece of art.

Of course the shot count is "inconvenient" for a 45 fpe rifle. That's not what the Huntsman line is about. Let the "rest of the world" look elsewhere for their HP rifles. There is no shortage of options. I hope they never try to make the Huntsman line into something it is not. It is a classic, sporter style rifle of modest power and shot count. Leave it alone. 

Of course the shot count is "inconvenient" for a 45 fpe rifle. That's not what the Huntsman line is about. Let the "rest of the world" look elsewhere for their HP rifles. There is no shortage of options. I hope they never try to make the Huntsman line into something it is not. It is a classic, sporter style rifle of modest power and shot count. Leave it alone.

My Daystate Renegade HP .25 gives 66 fpe...... Daystate and myself concur on the concept of HP.

There are many standard .25 Cal that give 45 fpe.

But for someone used to shoot with 12 fpe, 45 fpe are too much. Understood.