Daystate Revere pellet tests

GOt my new Revere in .177 here in august and I`ve had the liberty to do some testing. It became clear the diabolo type pellets looses spinddrift over longer ranges. At 40meters all pellets shoots well enough to be useful for plinking and smallgame hunting but at 70meters the heavy JSB 16,2grain Beast and the JSB Redesign 13,43grain starts spreading. The JSB 10,34grain keeps up well which the gun clearly shows preference for. At 70meters I experienced the redesign and the beast bounced of the ½ inch plywood where the 10,34grain dug deep into the plank(almost went through). Apparently speed with a lighter pellet does mean something for the abillity for penetration(atleast on plywood)

All pellets were taken straight from the tin. No sorting of any kind.

The scope is a Hawk 4-16x50 SF sidewinder.

3LxOSvbh.jpg
[/url][/img]

INni0KFh.jpg
[/url][/img]

fxBrWjTh.jpg
[/url][/img]

H51tlelh.jpg
[/url][/img]

70 meters

AKYyf40h.jpg
[/url][/img]

8McnYT1h.jpg
[/url][/img]

Thanks you all.

This particular model of airgun isn`t a instrument for long range. It serves its purpose within 40-50meters. The pellet testing at further distance proves this. However It is interesting to observe the limitations. I will try other pellets aswell just for scientific purposes(fun really). I know a larger caliber has further reach if given the speed. I had JW80 which was more accurate than my Revere was in .177cal but it was a big thing haul around with. The Revere is light, short, backyard friendly, low noise, easy to operate and good looking. Its not a big long benchgun like a lot of other more powerfull guns we see here. The .177cal has its limitations,, but serves well in backyards or in other confided spaces. It gives some oppochunities for shooting were a larger caliber create a danger for the surroundings. I have had a bunch of .22lrs over the years and experienced this. I later got a Theoben Rapid in .25cal which did 50 ft/ibs and experienced the same same once within city limits. BTW when I had this Rapid in 2006 I casted 50grain .25ACP bullets . They did very well in the BSA rifled barrel. Later Theoben went with another barrelmaker.

The speed here wasn`t measured. The certificate from Daystate said 18,25 ft/ibs. 

I believe if the airgun industry started to make barrels with a sharper barreltwist like 1:12 the bounderies for a .177cal could be pushed with lower speeds. The standard 1:17 is outdated.

Did a little more testing with some other pellets at 40 meters here today.

NnpvrjMh.jpg
[/url][/img]

DeZkF2eh.jpg
[/url][/img]

6 shots with the Rabbit Magnum. 3 went of target

cTOxG9ph.jpg
[/url][/img]

B1btggdh.jpg
[/url][/img]

Best pellets of the day..The H&N Hornet. Here is a pellet worth prepping(Corner the market..:LOL)

DWe5h18h.jpg
[/url][/img]

9 shots with slugs

Yyus8o6h.jpg
[/url][/img]

Worst pellet ever. JSB Hades. Scatter all over the cardboard box.

v0HcyNch.jpg
[/url][/img]

What surprised me was the Edgun slugs did ok and the Eun Jin pellets. 40 meters is "OK" but not further for hunting.

Surprising results with the H&N Hornets.

Yep. Are already looking to prep 20-40 tins.

Thank goodness I only bought 1 tin of Hades and Rabbit Magnum.

The sweetspot for the Revere is pellets around the 9-10grain. The EunJin 16,1 grain was a gamble as I bought the last 10 tins the dealer had. I want later to try the 19 grain Eun Jin. 
The only little thing I can have wished for on the Revere was an ajustable regulator like on the Leishy 2. Maybe some day somebody will invent that feature.

My .22 Revere loves the JSB 15.89 diabolo and Hades pellets, and is great out to about 60 yards. I can hit targets out to 80-85, but not precisely enough to try a squirrel at that distance. However any squirrel inside 60 yards is a guaranteed goner!

The JSB Hades pellet is somewhat identical their 10,34grain Exact which my Revere shoots so perfect with. 3 little indentments in the head to makes all the difference.

You are right in regards to hunting distance. Funny enough for targets and stuff out to 80yards and hunting to around 60yards. In .177 I would say 50 yards (hunting).From here on it simply needs more power and a heavier pellet that will shoot more accurate.

Weather today was almost perfect. In the sun it felt like spring. Felt the urge to do some testing with the Revere.

Best pellet of among the ones I hadn`t tried before.

gU4blcVh.jpg
[/url][/img]

These are not good quality. Had to sort them. Many were deform.

xFA6x4Ph.jpg
[/url][/img]

Ain`t worth a flip..

vxt3ZUQh.jpg
[/url][/img]

NOT a bad pellet for plinking hornets in the summertime

CLJcMBDh.jpg
[/url][/img]

Set the sights for the JSB 10,34grain . Checked how much the drop JSB 13,45grain did.

NcJhLLkh.jpg
[/url][/img]

This is a very informative post. I enjoyed seeing all the groups with different pellets. It is puzzling to see the Hades groupings being all over the place. I have a .22 cal Revere & used JSB 18.13's for many months with lights out results. After reading about the JSB Hades I decided to give them a try. I have been using them for a couple months. They will easily group inside a dime at 30 yards (sight in distance) from a bench rest. I use them out to about 60 yards but prefer shots inside 45 yards. They shoot lights out in my Revere. I have never recovered a pellet because they pass through at about 28 fpe. I have read many posts of members using them in different guns with almost all having good results. Your testing just helps reiterate that all guns prefer certain ammo & you certainly proved this to be true. But... your gun hates the Hades. Thanks for the information. Good Read!

Went for a quick shoot here last weekend. It was a little windy and my set-up was more or less field condition..but ok. Thats how it ought to be too once awhile.

The 13,45grain slug is ofcouse superior in windy condition. But pellets did ok too.

Distance here was 70meters. I later tried a .177cal silencer which actually improved accuracy for both pellets and slug. This surprised me and I will later do experiments with this to. The silencer makes such a .177cal that only do 18/ibs fleafart silent.

B4WAPvxh.jpg
[/url][/img]

LpTr64Th.jpg
[/url][/img]

P9vmTmOh.jpg
[/url][/img]

vh0tXHEh.jpg
[/url][/img]

Testing the ZAN 16 & 20grain slugs here today.

The 20grain were not good.
The 16grain was the best slug so far and declared winner.
My 40m shooting range is well shelted with trees and bushes. My 70m range is more open and I shoot down hill. Today as the wind was blowing I felt no wind at the 40m range...however shooting down the slope the 70m range wind is a player,,but it went ok.

MYWpF2wh.jpg

dKbmXvKh.jpg

Kc4sSQDh.jpg