• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Daystate revere .177

Hello guys,
I just bought a new revere .177 from aoa,
And after first tank I realized the sound of the rifle changed,
Upon inspection a portion of o-ring that holds the transfer port in place was sticking out just under the barrel breach port!!!
Called Aoa and they said it happens after every 600 or shots!!!
They are sending me some spare o-rings and if that won’t work,
I can send the rifle back to Aoa,
Now my question to all u guys who use these pcp’s
Since this is my first ever pcp,
Why manufacturer has this portion shaved off at the entrance bottom part of the barrel port which is letting the o-ring slip out under pressure???
CAA70C80-28FB-4F32-A07E-14D80B103426.jpeg
9E0D77E6-D30F-463F-B174-97A68A455E3F.jpeg

E24A63CD-1989-4FD3-92CD-484FD00C4C92.jpeg

Also
The flat breech bottom should have nothing to do with it. The TP O rings are captured by the TP itself. Unless it's torn apart, I don't know how it could reach that location.
Thankyou for ur reply sir,
Here is a picture of o-ring after I reseated it!my question is why leave that room for error???
What is the purpose of that shaved area ??
ED7BDF7D-AB0A-4566-BFF6-01246BD0C2DF.jpeg

And just for u guys wondering,
I did try to replace the barrel end o-ring with the tank end o-ring since it’s the same size o-ring,
But the result was same after few dry fire shots the rings slipped right out of that breach area???
After 4 consecutive times of trying to reseat the o-ring in vain
I have come to the conclusion
That barrel is defected or u can call the barrel is shaved off more than it needed to be???

Guys what will happen if close this breach gap let’s say half of it or quarter of it with something!!!
Like steal putty or some thing???
I would send it back rather than attempt something that may void your guarantee.
The gun should not be doing that even when dry firing. There is something not right there.

I would send it back rather than attempt something that may void your guarantee.
The gun should not be doing that even when dry firing. There is something not right there.
Yeah man,
Aoa sent me return label right away,
And aoa also sending me a set of spare o rings for transfer port,
And aoa said if new replacement prongs don’t hold just use the return label and send it back and aoa will take care of it!!!

I'm trying to understand how this happens. When you "reseat" the O ring, then obviously you disassemble the action, and with the top and bottom modules separated, you place an O ring into the transfer port recess. Then, when reassembled, the O ring encircles the top of the brass transfer port, which fits into the barrel breech. At that point, I don't see how the O ring can end up in the position shown, since it is captured between the transfer port and the breech cutout. Very interesting.

That shaved off portion you asked about is there to catch blown out o-rings.

No, I'm just kidding. I don't know why it's there but it's there for a reason so no need to fill it with anything. AoA will get you squared away. Those are great guns, you just had an fortunate hiccup early on. Fear not.

FWIW, I do remember another user a few months or so ago that posted about the exact same problem. You could probably search for that thread to see if any insights are there.