Daystate Revere .177 with H&N slugs

Did a little test last weekend with all weights in H&N .177cal program. The groups speaks for it self. The scope was sighted in @ 40m with ZAN 16grain slugs.

The H&N slugs did fit a little tighter as they apparently are a slight larger. Taken in consideration it is a sub 18 ft/ibs airgun the 16grain did ok.

I must find some pellet sizers. Maybe sizing the 13grain and 20grain would get tighter groups?. Who knows.....

6heoSSCl.jpg

Last edited:
I’m assuming this is an 18fpe gun? I own a Revere in Sub 12fpe that shoots the Mako slugs very well. They are made specifically for Sub 12fpe guns. I would not be surprised if they shot as well or better out of the full power version.

But heck! Those 16gr look tight! Specially for a gun that’s not made for that. Have you tried others? KOs 10.5gr etc?

I’m assuming this is an 18fpe gun? I own a Revere in Sub 12fpe that shoots the Mako slugs very well. They are made specifically for Sub 12fpe guns. I would not be surprised if they shot as well or better out of the full power version.

But heck! Those 16gr look tight! Specially for a gun that’s not made for that. Have you tried others? KOs 10.5gr etc?
its a 18 ft/ibs gun allright.

Never tried lighter slugs than 13grains. Haven`t yet tried ZAN 13grain yet but I will soon. The JSB 13,45grain slugs are "ok" but this gun loves 16-20grain ZAN slugs like a marriage made in heaven.. It is clear the Revere is made for pellets. It looses 2-3 ft/ibs shooting slugs. The Revere I have shoot accurate with all pellets except for Hades, H&N Rabbit Magnums and cheap chinese fireworks.