DAYSTATE REPORT

Ha, ha; a bit naughty, eh? Yes, Tony; great to be back! I just placed my order with AOA for your new Pulsar HP .25 Synthetic. I used to own a Pulsar .25 Synthetic back in the day before the HP line. I really liked the electronic platform in a bullpup, and the Hunter Extreme .25s are perfect for small game. But I needed more power. So, I went back to the mechanical FX bullpups. (Sacrilege, I know!) But now my prayers are answered with your new HPs! Thank you for that :) (Really). I'm all about stealth now, and your HP Pulsar with a DonnyFL Emperor moderator might just suck ambient noise away! Man. you can't get any more stealthy than that!

Dear friends 

I have a Daystate Pulsar .22 FAC in Forest Laminate.

It is a wonderful rifle and I was very satisfied with till now.

The problem I am facing now is that it shoots a few rounds and then stops responding. The red ready light on the rear does not turn on and I can’t fire.

The display works and I can go through the menus but when I close the cocking lever it does not save the setting nor does it make that sound which comes when you change settings.

If I take out the batteries and reconnect it starts to shoot fine for about 2 to 3 rounds and then goes dead again.

I have put in fresh batteries, even tried single 9 volt battery but the problem remains.

This issue started when after I started to use the supplied single shot tray. It worked superbly the first day but started having this problem from the next day with the single shot tray.

I have switched back to using the magazine but the problem refuses to go away.

Sir, I do not have a dealer / agent/repair center in Pakistan, there are hardly any daystate airguns here and I may be the only person who owns a Pulsar in the whole country.

I desperately need some help / guidance. The parts diagram which comes in the manual is very unclear / illegible for me to try opening up and checking various contact points. 

I also can not export it back and re import as it would be very problematic and probably end up costing as much as a new gun.

If you could guide me as to what to do I would be very grateful. 

This rifle is hardly a year old and I really love it. I bought it from Alqannass Dubai but there are no applicable warranties.

Please HELP.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Best Regards

Hi all I have two Daystates a MK 4 panther 177 and an Airwolf 22 - I love both guns Dumb question - My MK 4 was supplied as 12 fp gun in a GP stock for FT but I don't shoot FT any more - Can I up the power to 20 fp with one of those new programers for the Red wolfs ? where I live in South Africa we are only restricted on Calber not power

the programmer being sold by aofa will work on older guns but if the gun is manufactured at 12 foot pounds there will be mechanical reasons that stop the power being set higher such as the small transfer porting used to choke down 12 foot pounds guns. on the lower power we do nor want different pellet batches and types making a big difference to the power and a restrictive port helps with this. you need the help of a gunsmith and the name for you is [email protected] who is in Pretoria and is our man in SA.

Dear friends 

The problem I am facing now is that it shoots a few rounds and then stops responding. The red ready light on the rear does not turn on and I can’t fire.

The display works and I can go through the menus but when I close the cocking lever it does not save the setting nor does it make that sound which comes when you change settings.

If I take out the batteries and reconnect it starts to shoot fine for about 2 to 3 rounds and then goes dead again.

I have put in fresh batteries, even tried single 9 volt battery but the problem remains.

This issue started when after I started to use the supplied single shot tray. It worked superbly the first day but started having this problem from the next day with the single shot tray.

Sir, I do not have a dealer / agent/repair center in Pakistan, there are hardly any daystate airguns here and I may be the only person who owns a Pulsar in the whole country.

I desperately need some help / guidance. The parts diagram which comes in the manual is very unclear / illegible for me to try opening up and checking various contact points. 

I also can not export it back and re import as it would be very problematic and probably end up costing as much as a new gun.

This rifle is hardly a year old and I really love it. I bought it from Alqannass Dubai but there are no applicable warranties.

Quite a bit here that doesnt make a lot of sense, so i have asked Simon and our electrical genius David Snook to plow through it and give you a solution, but its nothing to do with the single shot tray! we will get back to you with what to do and will not see you stuck. By the way, for someone from Pakistan your English is quite exceptional, I take it you are an ex-pat? 

Reactions: BarNone
My golf group had a gathering today and the host asked for entertainment suggestions. After clearing it with him, I set up a paintball shoot at 25 yards using my BB gun, the Daystate Wolverine R 177. I set the gun up before hand for the distance.

After giving the takers, 9 of them, instructions as to how to operate the gun and telling then about the super tuned trigger that breaks in the ounces, they got started with the elimination event.

If you miss, you are out. The bet was one dollar from everybody, winner take all. The host of the party started and hit Next shooter was a shoulder surgeon and he hit. Next was a good ole' boy that had some serious experience with firearms and he hit.

Around everyone went until there were three left. The host, the doc and the good ole' boy.

Experience prevailed and the GO'B came out 9 bucks to the good.

Most have never seen a super top shelf BB gun before. They couldn't believe how accurate they could be. It seemed to put a new meaning into our sport and I gave them a good run up as to how airgunning is becoming a popular past time. After the competition that I recluded myself from, I set up 4 paint balls and popped them off in a rapid fire condition, further enhancing just how far air rifles have come since daddy's Daisy's. I only hope I won over a few more converts. 

Well, I pulled the trigger (see what I did there?) and placed my order with Airguns of Arizona for the Daystate HP Pulsar .25 synthetic! I've left the noisy, violent world of wear-prone mechanical actions for the reliable, silent, silky-smooth Nirvana of electronic platforms! With my Pulsar and DonnyFL EMPEROR moderator, I will be the Ninja of Nottingham. (See what I did there?)

Dear friends 

Quite a bit here that doesnt make a lot of sense, so i have asked Simon and our electrical genius David Snook to plow through it and give you a solution, but its nothing to do with the single shot tray! we will get back to you with what to do and will not see you stuck. By the way, for someone from Pakistan your English is quite exceptional, I take it you are an ex-pat?

Dear sir, 

My brother Zulfikar has also sent the same thing through e mail to Daystate. 

If you need I can provide you the serial number and pics of the gun.

I don't think my words are as good as you say.

I have never been to abroad but I have some friends in USA and UK who are tuners of PCP.

I too fix pcp mechanical guns as hobby.

But this electronic thing makes me afraid to touch without proper guidance. 

Thank you. 

Umair Bhaur 

Hi Umair, 

Spoken with our tech he wants you to switch off the magazine counter - if you can. Have you tried to adjust this gun with a programmer? 

We will find the email you sent and see what has been said so far and then pass this to our tech department (Simon) to take from there, he will reply by email Please pm me your email and serial number 

Atb 

Tony Belas 

Hi Umair, 

Spoken with our tech he wants you to switch off the magazine counter - if you can. Have you tried to adjust this gun with a programmer? 

We will find the email you sent and see what has been said so far and then pass this to our tech department (Simon) to take from there, he will reply by email Please pm me your email and serial number 

Atb 

Tony Belas

Dear sir, 

My brother has received reply of his e mail from your tech department with some guidance and tips to try. 

He is away for a few hours, as he reaches home we shall try out all that has been advised.

He shall also share the serial number with you. 

Thank you for helping out.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur 

Hello Daystate UK, 

We are in touch with Mr.Cockayne of Daystate tech department for a solution.

We have provided him with the serial number of the gun. We also applied the tips DS has suggested but nothing has worked.

During this phase when we searched Google for information, we found that similar problems have been faced by many users of Pulsar and generally the replacement of the complete circuit is the solution.

It's pretty tough to live with this hobby in Pakistan as we don't have any dealer or company's out let to provide them the gun for check up and replacement of parts and neither we can export it for repair. 

Still we appreciate the effort of DS to help us out.

Please look into the problem with the complete perspective and let us find out a solution.

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur & Zulfikar

Hello Daystate UK, 

We have provided him with the serial number of the gun. We also applied the tips DS has suggested but nothing has worked.

During this phase when we searched Google for information, we found that similar problems have been faced by many users of Pulsar and generally the replacement of the complete circuit is the solution.

It's pretty tough to live with this hobby in Pakistan as we don't have any dealer or company's out let to provide them the gun for check up and replacement of parts and neither we can export it for repair. 

Please look into the problem with the complete perspective and let us find out a solution.

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur & Zulfikar

As you say we are trying to help you out and you say 'we found that similar problems have been faced by many users of Pulsar and generally the replacement of the complete circuit is the solution.' 

Now google is a wonderful thing, but your reply indicates that you have something which is a common fault and that it is well known about, but from the factory side i can tell you that is not the case, that the pulsar is one of our most reliable rifles, but they do take a fair bit of skill to program them correctly and there is a procedure to strip and reassemble which needs a degree of training. Please do not repay our attempts to publicly help you by in return publicly trying to put people off buying a pulsar or implying electronic guns are unreliable - they are not. We do not know at this point what has happened or who has done what.

We do have a really good agent in Pakistan his details are :

Buksh Elahee & Co. (PVT) Ltd

8-DAYAL SINGH MANSIONSHARAH-E-QUAID-E-AZAMLAHORE 5400

tel: +92 42 37324827email: [email protected]

Please contact them, the factory will support him in any warranty work should that be found to be the case.

best wishes

Tony

Hello Daystate UK, 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur & Zulfikar

As you say we are trying to help you out and you say 'we found that similar problems have been faced by many users of Pulsar and generally the replacement of the complete circuit is the solution.' 

Now google is a wonderful thing, but your reply indicates that you have something which is a common fault and that it is well known about, but from the factory side i can tell you that is not the case, that the pulsar is one of our most reliable rifles, but they do take a fair bit of skill to program them correctly and there is a procedure to strip and reassemble which needs a degree of training. Please do not repay our attempts to publicly help you by in return publicly trying to put people off buying a pulsar or implying electronic guns are unreliable - they are not. We do not know at this point what has happened or who has done what.

We do have a really good agent in Pakistan his details are :

Buksh Elahee & Co. (PVT) Ltd

8-DAYAL SINGH MANSIONSHARAH-E-QUAID-E-AZAMLAHORE 5400

tel: +92 42 37324827email: [email protected]

Please contact them, the factory will support him in any warranty work should that be found to be the case.

best wishes

Tony

Thank you Daystate UK,

I understand your point.

In fact it's like exception reporting and that means only those users cry who have some problem and that may be 1% only and the rest of 99% people who are perfectly satisfied will remain busy in shooting and enjoying this fine gun.

It's great that you have a dealer in my country and I myself being a non professional tuner of mechanical PCP guns understand that the dealer you are referring to has got very little expertise in PCP repairing specially the electronic guns.

But it is still very good that someone is in my country who can verify that whatever we write to you is practically true and correct.

I understand that the specific person to deal with is Mr. Mufaddal and I know him well and he he knows me too.

I am sorry that you got the impression from the result of my Google based research that it may hurt the market of electronic pcp guns.

Just for your information I fix FX Impact level of complicated pcp guns which hardly any one does in my country and I am in touch with some of nice US based tuners to seek guidance. 

Your product is no doubt wonderful and I know that some times the best thing go South.

No issues at all as you are with us.

Should we just discontinue the direct contact with you or take the route of talking to your dealer whom you have referred to?

In all cases I am thankful to you but I would like to continue writing all the procedure through which I will walk during fixing the gun as all those who read my posts for more than last 10 years could also be in the know and the things could remain as much transparent as possible .

I hope that you will appreciate it.

I look forward for your reply. 

Regards,

Umair Bhaur 

P.S.

Even after this unpleasant incident about which we are sure that Daystate will take care of, we are going to get a Red Wolf because we like Daystate Electronic PCP. It's a pleasure to shoot.

I second that emotion. Mechanical platforms are so 20th century!

Be careful what you wish for. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, a culture in which hyperspace technology was as common as toasters are to us still feared sabers in the hands of trained masters more than fleets of space-going Leviathans. And let us not forget that in the 24th Century the basic materials for making a gunpowder smoothbore cannon will be all that stands between humanity and oblivion... or network cancellation. Personally I think Crosman or Hatsan should come out with a truly over-the-top magnum springer and call it the "Dystopian" for all the doomsayers and preppers out there.

hi Umar

we will continue to engage and try to sort this out but maybe we will go off here to email and PM not because we have anything to hide but because this could be getting a bit off topic and boring for other readers. maybe you could come back on here and let the readers know how it all works out.

By the way, I still think your english is super, either that or you are really trying, which ever it is ; well done!

bye for now, Tony

Hello Tony/Daystate and Simon! I am a new owner of a Red Wolf .22, which I love, and have a couple of questions.

RED WOLF .22HP NOISE LEVEL

I have a question regarding noise levels with Red Wolf .22 and Red Wolf .22HP. Assuming the same Hugget moderator, is there much of a sound level difference between these two? It would seem that the HP version would not be as quiet as the regular .22 version - I'm just wondering if the difference is very noticeable.

DAMAGED BREECH SEAL?

Apparently these seals are being damaged with some regularity, as I understand it - by the magazine somehow? Is there a more durable seal that might be used, which is less likely to be damaged? I don't know for sure, but I just noticed all of a sudden the sound of my RW got quite a bit louder and sounding like a loud "POP" when the pellet is fired - AND with a loss of accuracy. Is that the tell-tale sign of a damaged breech seal?

hi Umar

we will continue to engage and try to sort this out but maybe we will go off here to email and PM not because we have anything to hide but because this could be getting a bit off topic and boring for other readers. maybe you could come back on here and let the readers know how it all works out.

By the way, I still think your english is super, either that or you are really trying, which ever it is ; well done!

bye for now, Tony

Dear Mr. Tony,

Thank you for the continuous support and standing behind your product and great customer service. 

I hope that with your guidance we can resolve the issue. 

I inbox you my personal e mail address for further discussion and solution.

It looks perfect not to involve those who have no interest in our mutual discussion and just let them tell the result after we reach to a solution. 

Agreed with you.

Regards ,

Umair Bhaur 

Ha, iron! Point well-taken :). I agree that older mechanical platforms should be maintained as a back-up. EMP is a real threat to electronic systems. If such an attack should occur, we'd be less prepared than 200 years ago. At least back then they had the mechanisms (see what I did there?) in place to deal with an electronic-free world. We are far too anxious to trash older systems when new ones come out. This leaves us uber-vulnerable.

I like your Star Wars reference! I'm not a prepper, but I do have emergency equipment (i.e., safety-oil lamps, water, canned food, flashlights, candles). A post-apocalyptic world may be just around the corner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U_AVn0_G-E