DAYSTATE REPORT

hi Jason,

On the red wolf .22 it id set up at 35 ft/lbs high , 30 medium and 25 low, the .177 follow similar percentages but is set at 18 ft/lbs maximum with a 10.4 grain pellet to keep it sub sonic and to keep in the best accuracy velocity band.

for UK spec its slightly different. 11.5 ft/lbs high , 11 medium and 10.5 low. 

velocity's vary according to pellet types and head sizes

Tony

Hey, aa; great topic thread! I have made the strategic decision to buy a Daystate HP Pulsar! I want the quietest rifle set-up I can design. A fully-electronic platform with a DonnyFL Emperor screwed on is as quiet as is humanly possible! I used to own a Pulsar .25 back in the day before the HP series.

I have a question. What is the dimension of the Pulsar HP .25 from the bottom of the grip to the top of the rail?

I would be greatly appreciative for any help in answering this question. Thanks in advance :)

hi tony b, but what is the shot count of the 22 at 35 30 and 25 foot pounds.. I need to know the shot count for those powers..

and as well.. are you saying the 177 is set at 18 13, 8 foot pounds... if so that seems an odd power settings for a 177 fac. it don't seem right to me for a 177

Im told that if super heavy pellets are used it can do 20 foot pounds (standard rifle), but you have to understand that it mist remain below 1000 fps or accuracy is lost and accuracy is the major criteria shooters look for in a .177 as they are nearly always target shooting with a .177. I dont know whats odd about having an 18 foot pounds rifle. Dont forget yo can always pay extra to have the settings custom mapped to whatever you want. Shot count at high power on a .22 is about 80 shots, more on the lower power settings.

hi tony thanks for the info.. its just that I never seen a 177 set to 13 and 8 foot pounds from the factory.

my air wolf 177 is set to 18 and 14 foot pounds with jsb 10.3 from factory.. they are great setting.

as for me im a bench rest shooter... I currently use a raw bm500 for bench rest... set to 880 with 10.3s accuracy at 50 and even up 100 125 yards is amazing.. even for a little 177!

and my air wolf is for field target. and a little hunting.

Hey, aa; great topic thread! I have made the strategic decision to buy a Daystate HP Pulsar! I want the quietest rifle set-up I can design. A fully-electronic platform with a DonnyFL Emperor screwed on is as quiet as is humanly possible! I used to own a Pulsar .25 back in the day before the HP series.

I have a question. What is the dimension of the Pulsar HP .25 from the bottom of the grip to the top of the rail?

I would be greatly appreciative for any help in answering this question. Thanks in advance :)

I'm with you. The Pulsar HP in .22 keeps calling my name. My only hesitation is the magazine problems I have with my Renegade which might be the same on the Pulsar, oh and the price tag.

Yeah, Hawkeye; I hope Daystate has solved the mag problem. I used to own a Pulsar .25 back before there was an HP version and I had mag issues. The HP has been out for awhile now, so... I'm gonna find out, I guess! I really liked the fully-electronic platform. The noise and violence (and constant maintenance issues) of a mechanical system is problematic.

hi aa member

that's an interesting question. Ill dig it out for you tomorrow and post on here.

Hi Allan

Wireless charging, really? it needs at least a 12 volt 5000mh system, so it wouldn't be a phone charger that for sure. Bluetooth is more interesting, as everything is better with Bluetooth. Its all about space, as the drive at the moment is for more power for you crazy power mad bunch, but I;m sure it will be looked at sometime...

Tony

Daystate UK

A bluetooth report to my phone instead of trying to see that little dark screen during competition would be really nice. 

Crusher

Don’t own a Redwolf!, or a Daystate for that matter!, but seeing the power and consistency of these electro- mechanical platforms when we will see some .177 16g or heavier projectile performance data... considering the .22 is stepping on the toes of the .25 cal. Please share it!, also I know this kind of goes against the philosophy of daystate but please put the Redwolf in more of a Benchrest specific configuration or at least offer a true benchrest stock? Because if u don’t someone else is going to capitalize on this mistake?, my opinion only of course... I truly believe this is the future of modern competition air rifles. ( if the quality of the components remains at a high level? )

Please put the Redwolf in more of Benchrest specific configuration or at least offer a true benchrest stock? Because if u don’t someone else is going to capitalize on this mistake?, my opinion only of course...

Well said, and while you're @ it... Please make a bluetooth interface, or at least an external plug for the programming inferace. 

Thanks

Every rifle is tested with the magazine its supplied with, so problems are rare but i must say, for the very best accuracy alway do as the target boys do and that is to use the single shot tray.

The pulsar is like a Renegade that has been race tuned. You will know where the money went when you shoot one

Regards 

Tony

With the magazine that came with my .22 Renegade the first 5 shots were spot on, the next 5 would be all over the place, sometimes by inches. AOA looked at the gun and said it was fine. I asked for a new magazine and they replied, "It probably won't be any better." They gave me a new one they were right, it's not any better. Using it past shot 5 also seemed to damage the breech seal. I've had to replace it 8 times since I bought the gun in March. So now when I use the magazine I reload no later than the end of the 5th shot.

Love the gun, it's very accurate but I'd prefer the I had a 10 round magazine instead of a 5 round. Many people on the Daystate owners site have the same complaint so it's obviously a common problem. Perhaps the magazine spring tension needs to be increased.