DAYSTATE REPORT

Take the stock off and make sure you didn't pinch/break the wires going to the circuit board.

i did... all good there.

a friend brought his .25 redwolf over to check, when i connect to his battery my rifle switched on ( and attaching mine to his didnt work either) so the battery or maybe the wires attached to the battery are the issue. i may have damaged them when pulling out the battery.

a visual check seemed fine though. i also removed the tape to check under that but all seems intact.

so what do i do now, where do i find a replacement, complete with the wires and jacks?

do i have options ? or only daystate oem?

on a side note, the battery system is not upto par with the stanrds of this rifle. the system on the pulsar is much better and way more refined than the one on the redwolf. the option of using a 9v battery was also great. hope they come up with an improved version/option.

please do guide as to where to order from ? are batteries caliber or power specific ?

thanks

Daystate electrics sucks in one way or other, that is my personal experience. 

Not a big issue if you can get Daystate official support but in our country, these electronics are a big NO to me.

No offense for Daystate but I personally could never appreciate Daystate electric guns in relation to their cost and dependability. 

Regards,

Sir, in my humble opinion, these are one of the finest rifles I have had the pleasure of owning. the mistake was most probably my mis-handling of the battery. their electronic guns are great.. i loved my pulsar, and love my redwolf and a safari is on the way :)

Reactions: bandg
Take the stock off and make sure you didn't pinch/break the wires going to the circuit board.

i did... all good there.

a friend brought his .25 redwolf over to check, when i connect to his battery my rifle switched on ( and attaching mine to his didnt work either) so the battery or maybe the wires attached to the battery are the issue. i may have damaged them when pulling out the battery.

a visual check seemed fine though. i also removed the tape to check under that but all seems intact.

so what do i do now, where do i find a replacement, complete with the wires and jacks?

on a side note, the battery system is not upto par with the stanrds of this rifle. the system on the pulsar is much better and way more refined than the one on the redwolf. the option of using a 9v battery was also great. hope they come up with an improved version/option.

please do guide as to where to order from ? are batteries caliber or power specific ?

thanks

Not a big issue if you can get Daystate official support but in our country, these electronics are a big NO to me.

No offense for Daystate but I personally could never appreciate Daystate electric guns in relation to their cost and dependability. 

Regards,

Sir, in my humble opinion, these are one of the finest rifles I have had the pleasure of owning. the mistake was most probably my mis-handling of the battery. their electronic guns are great.. i loved my pulsar, and love my redwolf and a safari is on the way :)

I don't complain neither their electric guns nor your taste. 

Everyone has right to like something different. 

My point is only that in the country where we live, it is hard to get adequate service facilities for the electronic guns.

The future may be only of electronic guns. Electronic parts don't wear and tear which is a big plus of electronics but when something goes south it's hard for a lay man to sort it out.

I remember well when your Pulsar went south and all that exchange of e mails and forum discussion with the manufacturer. 

Indeed Daystate had been greatly helpful and things got sorted out in that case. Thank you Daystate. 

Now this is the 2nd time you face the problem with an other electronic gun. 

I prefer Daystate mechanical guns over their electric guns any day due to the reason that we live in a country where quick after sales service it difficult to obtain.

I understand that your gun don't have much of a problem. It's just that some terminal of electric current is loose while connecting it to your battery.

Even if the wires are damaged inside the plastic cover, it can be detected easily that which one wire is affected. Then that wire may be replaced. 

To me it's not a big deal. 

Any one with very so so know how of electric items can fix it. This is not related to any complicated electronic circuits or programs. 

You just need someone who could do it with due care.

A few days back when I charged the battery of your previously owned Redwolf hp .25 I had realized that the wires and connections are too fragile and may create problem at any time.

I hope you can fix it with patience and due care.

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur 

Thank you Sir,

Am trying

I don't know what your access is to LIPO batteries but I found a replacement on eBay that you might be able find locally. It's an airsoft battery and you might have to use the connector from your original Red Wolf battery but anyone with a soldering iron can help you with that part. Plus, it's really cheap versus the Daystate $50 price tag. It's a "Giant Power" LIPO 7.4V and 1,000mah battery.

https://www.ebay.com/p/7-4v-1000mah-15-30c-Airsoft-Lipo-Battery-Giant-Power/27004747879?iid=223479867775

This one from BANGGOOD looks like it may be a direct replacement for the Red Wolf battery but is 1300mah instead of the Red Wolf 1000mah

https://www.banggood.com/Giant-Power-7_4V-1300mAh-2S-15C-LiPo-Battery-Small-Tamiya-Plug-p-1351681.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

The symptoms you are having are very strange. The Daystate charger says the battery is charged but when you connect it to the Red Wolf, the battery appears dead. You might check with a volt meter to see if the battery is actually putting out the 7.4 volts on the correct pins on the connector. I believe the 7.4 volts should be on both red pins on the connector but I'm traveling right now and can't check my battery to verify. Yours may only have the 7.4 volts on one of the red pins.

Thank you Sir,

Am trying

I don't know what your access is to LIPO batteries but I found a replacement on eBay that you might be able find locally. It's an airsoft battery and you might have to use the connector from your original Red Wolf battery but anyone with a soldering iron can help you with that part. Plus, it's really cheap versus the Daystate $50 price tag. It's a "Giant Power" LIPO 7.4V and 1,000mah battery.

https://www.ebay.com/p/7-4v-1000mah-15-30c-Airsoft-Lipo-Battery-Giant-Power/27004747879?iid=223479867775

This one from BANGGOOD looks like it may be a direct replacement for the Red Wolf battery but is 1300mah instead of the Red Wolf 1000mah

https://www.banggood.com/Giant-Power-7_4V-1300mAh-2S-15C-LiPo-Battery-Small-Tamiya-Plug-p-1351681.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

The symptoms you are having are very strange. The Daystate charger says the battery is charged but when you connect it to the Red Wolf, the battery appears dead. You might check with a volt meter to see if the battery is actually putting out the 7.4 volts on the correct pins on the connector. I believe the 7.4 volts should be on both red pins on the connector but I'm traveling right now and can't check my battery to verify. Yours may only have the 7.4 volts on one of the red pins.

Thank you Sir.

ebay doesnt accept payments from my country. shall go look at RC toys shops tomorrow.

Banggood is sold out.

I am a bit confused though, the battery which was in this IS 1300 mAh but all other references I have seen says 1000 mAh. I am not aware of the significance of mAh and its effects, will I damage my rifle in any way if I use 1300 instead of 1000 or vice versa ?

I took my battery to a friend who is a hobbyist of radio controlled copters etc and he had a meter. he said the battery is completely dead.

1558287678_3095707785ce1953e4fcbc5.26520986_redwolf battery.jpeg

download.png

i did... all good there.

thanks

Regards,

No personal experience yet with Daystate but I will purchase a Pulsar soon. Someone will have a problem with everything made by man. Seems that the Daystate brand has many supporters and many detractors. I'll try one myself soon as the concept seems quite sound.

i did... all good there.

thanks

Regards,

No personal experience yet with Daystate but I will purchase a Pulsar soon. Someone will have a problem with everything made by man. Seems that the Daystate brand has many supporters and many detractors. I'll try one myself soon as the concept seems quite sound.

These electronics may be great if after sales service be available in the country one lives in.

That is the only point here.

The 1000 versus 1300 is not important. The two important points are the physical size of the battery (i.e., will it fit in the stock of the red wolf) and the voltage, the 7.4 volts. Those are the only two concerns. What ever battery you put in there absolutely MUST be 7.4 volts. No exceptions. 

The mah numbers refer to the power or energy level of the battery. The higher the mah, the longer the battery will last so 1300 mah is better than the original Daystate 1000 mah battery. And actually, the 1000 mah means you should be able to draw 1 amp from the battery for 1 hour. The 1300 mah would of course mean you should be able to draw 1.3 amps for 1 hour. The Red Wolf does not draw any where near 1 amp from the battery so the 1.3 just means the battery should last for a lot more shots before needing recharging.

The 1000 versus 1300 is not important. The two important points are the physical size of the battery (i.e., will it fit in the stock of the red wolf) and the voltage, the 7.4 volts. Those are the only two concerns. What ever battery you put in there absolutely MUST be 7.4 volts. No exceptions. 

The mah numbers refer to the power or energy level of the battery. The higher the mah, the longer the battery will last so 1300 mah is better than the original Daystate 1000 mah battery. And actually, the 1000 mah means you should be able to draw 1 amp from the battery for 1 hour. The 1300 mah would of course mean you should be able to draw 1.3 amps for 1 hour. The Red Wolf does not draw any where near 1 amp from the battery so the 1.3 just means the battery should last for a lot more shots before needing recharging.

thank you very much for the explanation Sir

Yep, what he said. ^^^^^^^^^^

I bought a battery that is 1400mah. It works the same and puts out the same voltage. It just means I get a ton more shots before it needs a charge. So think of the MAH sort of as "gallons" in your tank.

Crusher

Yep, what he said. ^^^^^^^^^^

I bought a battery that is 1400mah. It works the same and puts out the same voltage. It just means I get a ton more shots before it needs a charge. So think of the MAH sort of as "gallons" in your tank.

Crusher

100% agreed

Ok,got one for ya!,factory stock RW-.22hp shooting around 960fps on hp setting w/jsb 25.4 redesigned, charged battery last night!, filled to 240bar went to shoot & chronograph to double check( going to local match next weekend) temp outside 80deg same as last time, now I chrono’ed it @ 990-1004fps???,for about 20 shots when psi on display read 200bar then went to 975fps and was pretty consistent till about 172bar! I did this same process twice,same result! What the heck is going on? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Interesting. I have some RC vehicles that use LIPO batteries. My understanding (could well be wrong, certainly not a battery expert) is that a LIPO battery tends to provide a more consistent voltage until near empty whereas non-LIPO's tend to taper off gradually in voltage output in relation to a LIPO. At least that is what I recall reading. If that is true then converting to a LIPO as discussed above might possibly provide more consistent performance as well as longer life.

A couple things most battery types have a natural voltage when full.

ie carbon cell 1.5 v,lead acid cell 2 v cell, micas 1.2 v cell the Lopo batteries are regulated to a voltage.

For good battery life, don’t let your rechargeable batteries of any type fully discharge .It greatly impacts the life and if any cells are out of balance the lowest capacity get a reverse polarity and you get a quick failure.

like posted above the 1000 is 1000 milliamperes /hour ,so just capacity of the battery, so if the battery and you keep the voltage correct you’re good to go. Kelly