DAYSTATE REPORT

AH, Is that on high? That's smoking but I have heard some reports of that pellet doing well even at those speeds, just not my experience. But then again, I was shooting those from a mechanical platform not a MCT. I would assume that you have a land groove LW barrel in the Pulsar as I've not seen that they advertise it with having a poly rifles barrel. It would be interesting, if you had the time, opportunity and settings to do so, to compare your accuracy at 50 & 75+ yards with the 25gr at 945 fps, 900 and 860 or there about. 

Has anyone tried the nsa slugs in there RedWolf? Seems they have the power for them.

I have a Wolverine R HP 22 cal shooting the 25.4g JSB’s at 920 fps. So read this message knowing what mine is set at from the factory. 

I went ahead and ordered these NSA slugs:

40 yard accuracy:

1. 19g HP - about 2 inches

2. 21g HP - about 2 inches

3. 23g HP - about 1 inch

4. 27g HP - sub 1/2 inch

5. 28g boattail HP - about 1.5 inch

That being said, YMMV as your Red Wolf is tunable. My Wolverine is not. 

Reactions: AirSupply
Has anyone tried the nsa slugs in there RedWolf? Seems they have the power for them.

I have a Wolverine R HP 22 cal shooting the 25.4g JSB’s at 920 fps. So read this message knowing what mine is set at from the factory. 

I went ahead and ordered these NSA slugs:

40 yard accuracy:

1. 19g HP - about 2 inches

2. 21g HP - about 2 inches

3. 23g HP - about 1 inch

4. 27g HP - sub 1/2 inch

5. 28g boattail HP - about 1.5 inch

That being said, YMMV as your Red Wolf is tunable. My Wolverine is not.

Thanks. I’ll get a a few different weights and give them a go. Definitely the 27g. 

Along with the great information provided in this thread, the Daystate Red Wolf seemed to dominate a good number of the posts. It is a gun I would like to have and just may wind up getting down the road a piece., but until then I will have to be satisfied with my Wolverine "R".

The Wolverine line has been around for quite some time, so when they added the Huma regulator, I didn't see that as a major change except for the good. The Red Wolf, although having its roots in the Pulsar is new and although there have been very few reports about growing pains, a little time to work any possible ones out, would make me feel more secure about getting one.

One of the features the Red Wolf has that is very attractive is its short "lock time," the time it takes for the pellet to start its journey after the trigger has been activated. It is said to be upwards of 5 times faster than a mechanical arrangement, like on the Wolverine. So even if you are right on target when the trigger breaks, by the time the pellet leaves the barrel, fractional movement could throw the shot. I have experienced that too.

With all that said, even with all the mechanical stuff going on, here is a 4 shot group (right side) from the Wolverine "R" 177 JSB Exacts 10.34 grain at 40 yards. Not typically this tight but more often than not, a one hole group in general (left side with the obligatory flier).

1538753897_10775380565bb78569ba61e8.59506067_P1020252.JPG

The Daystate electric platform has been in use for last 10 years, very proven.

Oops. Now I'm really confused. There is no thread on the muzzle end and - I thought - the breech end is held within the action by set screws. What have I missed?

Thanks

The other Mark B.

You are correct

That’s odd as mine is defo treaded. Could be something to do with local specifications (Australia). Nothing is attached to the tread but it’s there. I’ll take a picture and post it when I can. 

Oops. Now I'm really confused. There is no thread on the muzzle end and - I thought - the breech end is held within the action by set screws. What have I missed?

Thanks

The other Mark B.

You are correct

Here’s the tread I’m talking about. It is odd as Australian rules don’t allow for any sound moderation so you’d wonder why bother. I just presumed all the barrels where the same. Not much material has been removed to make the tread. 

You fellas NEED a Daystate only page, and a page dedicated to every other brand. It seems many are "too" loyal & I can say I took the wrong bandwagon when one brand was all the rage. It wasn't a dud. Let's just say that todays hot technology is tomorrows old news and in the air gun world, things are moving fast. Too fast, too big, too powerful & I'm betting things could change in the future. Which, brings me to TWO things I have to say about Daystate. I owned a Woverine, good shooter, very nice wood on it. I wish I'd been around when, or they'd bring back, that .223 model instead of the road of the .303 British they took. Or fork it & produce both. No, I do NOT want any electronics on any rifle even if it is the ONLY way to get 200 high powered shots. Well, let me rethink that really fast.

If Daystate, (or anyone else) did away with an entire Commodore 64 on the side of their rifles, and ONLY the valve timing was controlled by an easily replaced board, with a simple 9 volt battery, that drove a SIMPLE solenoid type valve that one could set on low, medium, or high, then yes. I would spend the money to own a very efficient, rifle that I could have spare parts (and batteries, UGH!) on hand to keep her running. Why doesn't Daystate just make a micro compressor that runs constantly so you never have to refill it. If it could self fill with say 7-10 seconds or more between shots,( the time I take to reload, aim, breath cycle in place again, feel the trigger blade and start squeezing is more like one shot every 30 seconds or longer) I bet THAT would be a huge seller. They could charge say 4K (price of a Bauer) + 2.5K (price of rifle)+? (electronics, mark up, etc.)= around 8-10K. It better be like a CheyTach's ABC system: https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/snipers-2245-yd-sure-shot-system. 

OK, I'll stop, but does anyone agree with me that the fun, the challenge, the experience gained is being taken out of this entire sport just a little bit by going with electronics? Maybe not. From a PB'r shooters POV, we need every advantage we can get. I just don't want those lines crossed as I REALLY want to see a simple "pellet gun" remain regulated as such. %^$ save US from being anything like the land of The Queen in their views of "pellet guns"

Funny that all this high tech comes FROM them. As if they WANT all pellet guns to be reconsidered in their statures. Anyone? I admit, I see all of this from MY POV. Someone who appreciates greatly the fact that I can even own a "pellet' gun anymore. In folly ripe, in reason rotten. Live & learn. I'm humble but realize this. I spend what it takes to REMAIN legal. I'd like that to be able to stay that way in all ways, monetary, and legally. If anyone says, oh, shouldn't even be allowed that. Well, realize how cheap & easy the other route would be, then please realize I write from experience and a POV not all can say they can even imagine. I'm obviously wrong about their advancement though, I know that. Take one look at that Red Sea at The EBR & you know, it's what the majority want. Biased % though as air gunners are not a big % where other forms of propellant are legal & easy to obtain.

I did a little programming and barrel cleaning today on RW 22hp shooting 25.39 JSB. I think Im headed in the right direction. First group at 75 yards 10 shots, last shot blew my group...second group 5 shots at 50 yards mild winds no more than 3-5mph..targets 4 and 8 were before barrel cleaning...

Dave
1540079494_1190029805bcbbf86e28220.84382739_20181020_142719.jpg
1540079496_15974194425bcbbf881879b4.37833277_20181020_121259.jpg

Looks good. In fact, better than I have ever done at either distance. 

What velocity and shot count at that speed?

Thanks

The other mark B.