DAYSTATE REPORT

As I said, I will check in the morning. Its morning and I have checked They are using a N70 as they have done on every high power rifle up to date . Trials on red wolf which involved many thousands of shots didn't flag this and even when I asked they were doing a batch of this very gun and they had not had a problem - see picture below which just happened to be on test when I asked. 

So while I enjoy the challenge of being told that we are making faulty guns in one breath and then being asked and what are we doing about it in the next, its not being seen here. 

Feed this back to AofA and see what they say. Maybe it's a local issue, special abrasive pellets or lube ? Don't know, but now we are aware we will monitor this closer. 

Tony 

1536051444_2100529995b8e48f4514603.56599688_20180904_095000.jpg

I’ve been working with AOA and they have ordered the 75’s for the breech seal issue. Im on 1000 plus rounds without issue on my 1000fps redwolf. It also added some consistency to the shot string as well.

As I said, I will check in the morning. Its morning and I have checked They are using a N70 as they have done on every high power rifle up to date . Trials on red wolf which involved many thousands of shots didn't flag this and even when I asked they were doing a batch of this very gun and they had not had a problem - see picture below which just happened to be on test when I asked. 

So while I enjoy the challenge of being told that we are making faulty guns in one breath and then being asked and what are we doing about it in the next, its not being seen here. 

Feed this back to AofA and see what they say. Maybe it's a local issue, special abrasive pellets or lube ? Don't know, but now we are aware we will monitor this closer. 

Tony 

1536051444_2100529995b8e48f4514603.56599688_20180904_095000.jpg

I’ve been working with AOA and they have ordered the 75’s for the breech seal issue. Im on 1000 plus rounds without issue on my 1000fps redwolf. It also added some consistency to the shot string as well.

Good to know, thanks Ken! 

with reference to the redwolf o ring issues being discussed above, i would like to preempt and get some Viton 75 orings for my upcoming .25 redwolf hp and my current .22 pulsar.

could someone tell me the sizes i would need for each. also where could i order these from.

thanks

zulfiqar

Dear Mr. Zulfiqar, 

My experience tells that 70 shore O rings are best for breach O rings. 

Specially the skirts of 18 grain .22 jsb are very thin and 70 shore is ideal for them. When skirt remain intact, you get better accuracy. 

I don't have much 1st hand experience of Daystate guns but I remember well that about 2 to 3 years ago the breach O ring of many fx royale 400 .22 used to pop out of the groove after 50 to 150 shots and did not remain usable anymore. 

I developed the brass thimble transfer port part with a bit different specs and after that day I never needed to put a new O ring.

Later I advised the same thing to FX company and now I experience that fx has resolved this issue as new royale 400 are flawless in this regard. 

So if the O ring is in the barrel, the problem may be with the specs of the groove in which the O ring sits.

70 shore is normally best hardness for breach O ring. 

Regards, 

Umair Bhaur 

Apparently there is an issue, since I am getting a .25 HP i might as well get the o rings which are working for other people. And as there is a substantial lag between ordering and receiving in Pakistan, I would like to order now.

Even with my .22 pulsar, the breech oring blew in about 1500 rounds. The second one has done 500 plus without issues but no harm in trying the viton 75 if they are better

Apparently there is an issue, since I am getting a .25 HP i might as well get the o rings which are working for other people. And as there is a substantial lag between ordering and receiving in Pakistan, I would like to order now.

Even with my .22 pulsar, the breech oring blew in about 1500 rounds. The second one has done 500 plus without issues but no harm in trying the viton 75 if they are better

75 shore will last longer

1536201709_5508648125b9093ed8dc9e6.35773158_vitron.JPG

I just bought and rec'd these orings a few days ago. I have the Redwolf .22 HP, and I hope these are the correct breech orings. I have only put 150 pellets through the gun so far, and no problems what so ever. My question is, should the breech o ring fail, are there any videos that show you how to replace the breech oring? Are any special tools required? And can the oring be replaced with out taking the scope or barrel off. I'm a newbee, thus all the questions, thanks much in advance for any guidance.

ps: the orings cost $5.67 delivered.

1536201709_5508648125b9093ed8dc9e6.35773158_vitron.JPG

I just bought and rec'd these orings a few days ago. I have the Redwolf .22 HP, and I hope these are the correct breech orings. I have only put 150 pellets through the gun so far, and no problems what so ever. My question is, should the breech o ring fail, are there any videos that show you how to replace the breech oring? Are any special tools required? And can the oring be replaced with out taking the scope or barrel off. I'm a newbee, thus all the questions, thanks much in advance for any guidance.

ps: the orings cost $5.67 delivered.

It’s possible to replace them without removing the barrel but much easier to remove the barrel which is only held on with two screws. After watching our simon cocayne drop a few of them on the floor on a training course , I went to watch the guy who assembles red wolf . Matt does about 10 a day every day, his technique is to hold the barrel vertical, place the orang so it 3/4 covers the breech, and then with an small Allen key feed the closest edge of the ring into the groove. He holds it in the grove with the key and the feeds the rest of the ring in place with a spare finger.

to remove the barrel, remove the scope, remove the rear barrel locking screw on top of the breech, loosen the front barrel locking screw and remove the barrel.

replace the breech o ring and inspect and replace if nessasary the tw external barrel o rings. Replace the barrel using the rear hole with the screw removed as an inspection hole to check you are all lined up. Tighten the front screw and then replace the rear screw and scope.

tony

Tony,

Super, thanks much for the detailed info and guidance. When the time finally arrives to replace a breech o ring I should be able to accomplish the task. (although I really was hoping I could be lazy and do it without any disassembly lol ) But in the long run, I will be able to give the barrel a good cleaning as well, so that's another positive. 

regards

mike

ps: love the Red Wolf! 

I personally would go with oringsandmore. Good people and great service. Not that McMaster isn't good. I just prefer the other. And I find that McMaster doesn't have some of the sizes I need.

Crusher

Could you please guide as to what should I be searching on oringsandmore for viton 75 breech o rings. For both the .22 and .25.... can't seem to find while do8ng a search on their web site