• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Reliability Survey

So I was wondering if Daystate rifles are “reliable”. Some say yes, some say no. I’d like to get most of this forum’s opinions into this one thread. 

Answer these following questions (repeat for each one you owned):

Which model did/do you own?
When & how long have you owned it?
What issues did you encounter?
How well did Daystate respond to your emails (or calls) considering these issues?
How would you rate Daystate’s customer service (1-10)?
Would you buy another Daystate and why?

WAY WAY WAY Too many to list the most of one type specifically is around 12- Electronic Air Wolf's 9 are from around 10 years ago newest 3 around 2 years ago right before being replaced with the Redwolf. Only issues were breech o-rings blown out loose barrel that I fixed myself nothing ever needed to send to warranty for a repair that wasn't common sense maintenance like breech o-ring and rechargeable batteries from the oldest ones. None of my Daystates needed to be sent in for warranty well except for a BRAND NEW CR97 FT GUN that I sent to a pro tuner to hot rod that broke and not Daystates fault at all as I wanted more power past what it did and ditched the Daystate reg and slapped in an after market HP regulator OF COURSE I HAD THE WARRANTY VOID! THATS ON ME THE GUN BROKE DUE TO THE AFTERMARKET REG AND MAXED OUT POWER BOOST. I JUST COULDNT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE THATS ALL LIVE AND LEARN HUH? I have more than 50 Daystate guns Lost count and the oldest around 20-25 years old. Recently bought roughly 20 more maybe 19 ranging from Airwolfs Redwolfs Pulsars and Renegades within the last 2 years and most of the last 20 or so give or take were within the last 3-4 months. Bought specifically for the first rate unparalled electronic triggers and quickest lock time and how they literally stack pellet upon pellet with boring regularity if you miss the shot it's your fault or the bad lot of JSB.

I had one damaged in shipping but sent it back and got a new one but it was damaged in shipping not defective. It is still brand new in its case right now and just opened the case to inspect that this one wasn't damaged. Just a duplicate of what I already had in 22 but with a nicer laminate stock thats why I bought it.

Huntsman Regal .177 nonreg.

Got in trade 1 1/2 years ago, gun had at least two other owners.

Mag. wouldn't hold lighter pellets, 7.9's, 10.34's would jam, handles H&N 10.65,s perfectly, oring may need replacing.

Long since out of warrenty but I've been so impressed with this gun that I sent Daystate a "glowing" testimonial e-mail about it...crickets...

Customer service n/a.

Quality Control for a third hand gun hard to say but very high 9.

Wolverine review up next and have another Huntsman in the mail.

#2 Wolverine R standard .177

Had it a couple of months.

No issues whatsoever.

Sent Airguns of AZ. a "glowing" testimonial this time...crickets again...

Customer service n\a.

Quality Control 10.

Another u
1597105102_2533750685f31e3ce6a9f20.94386352.jpg
1597105104_1191796015f31e3d033fff8.62223309.jpg
sed Huntsman is in the mail.

They are probably the most accurate air rifles I own. My youngest has to practically crawl up on the bench to get into the scope, but she can literally drive tacks into a piece of plywood at 50 yards with my Wolverine .303. If I send an email to Daystate, the response is going to come from AoA, at least in my experience. Even on my Daystate compressor. That said, I love them. Just ordered a Revere. As for the downside, getting extra magazines from them is like looking for Atlantis. 

While some people will brag on products that work flawlessly, I think you will get the most vocal data from people that are pretty unhappy with something.

I had a .22 Huntsman, most beautiful gun I ever had. Was very easy to hold, great ergonomics. Perhaps will buy another one in due time. Probably in .177 this time. I sold it out of fear that if it ever needed to be worked on I would have to be shipping it back and forth cross country. People complain about the bolt being tough to cock, but I didn’t think it was a huge issue. Put gun on shoulder & pull firmly back. 

I have two Daystates Huntsman classic in .22 and a early Air Wolf in .20. I have had them for over ten years with no real problems. I did change the magazine o ring once and replaced the batteries on the Air Wolf a few years ago not because they needed it but because they.were getting old. Both hold air forever and never change poi. I!m thinking Delta is in my future.

Which model did you own? Which model DO I own - Renegade
When and for how long did you own it? How long HAVE I owned it ? About 4 months.
What issues did you encounter? No issues.
How well did Daystate respond to your emails (or calls) considering these issues? No reason to call them.
How would you rate Daystate’s customer service (1-10)? No idea.
How would you rate Daystate’s quality control (1-10)? Only having one gun, I (no one) cannot comment on that. One needs more than one of something to be accurate on a question like this. See Yo.
Would you buy another Daystate? Possibly.
Why? Why why what, buy another...? Because.

Mike

Which model did you own? Which model DO I own - Renegade
When and for how long did you own it? How long HAVE I owned it ? About 4 months.
What issues did you encounter? No issues.
How well did Daystate respond to your emails (or calls) considering these issues? No reason to call them.
How would you rate Daystate’s customer service (1-10)? No idea.
How would you rate Daystate’s quality control (1-10)? Only having one gun, I (no one) cannot comment on that. One needs more than one of something to be accurate on a question like this. See Yo.
Would you buy another Daystate? Possibly.
Why? Why why what, buy another...? Because.

Mike

I think you made it clear that I didn’t write that too well :)

Yeah, the QC question doesn’t make much sense for people who only have one gun.

AK