• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate regal replacement suppressor

"Mick-VA"Going back to your original post:
  • Are you trying to solve a noise problem or a noise level preference? By problem, I mean neighbor complaints or your concern they may complain or call the police. By preference, you would just like it to be quieter. Is this activity legal at your location?
  • Are you trying to achieve backyard friendly - keeping noise levels within an acceptable range as to not disturb neighbors.
  • Are you trying to achieve backyard stealth - you don't even want neighbors to notice anything unusual beyond normally occurring sounds from birds, traffic, wind, rain, air conditioners, etc
With specific regard to Daystate Regal XL in .22, the following are my personal opinions based upon 3 years ownership.
  • DonnyFL products work great on the Regal .22 and so do Huggets (not Belita size)
  • You will be pleased if you are trying to achieve backyard friendly by using one of these products
  • Despite the significant reduction in output from the muzzle - it does not mask the significant high frequency mechanical noise (hammer slap etc) that the gun makes. Based upon my experience (a poor sample of one), I don't believe any LDC alone without mechanical modifications will change this.
  • Your question on .25 version. I don't own one but I have shot one. It is comparitively underpowered in .25 at 38-40fpe with a sharp rise and fall on shot curve with low shot count VS the competition at that price point. It is louder too than the .22. For a .25 in that price point, you'll want to consider guns that are regulated and well shrouded and can achieve at least 46-50 FPE with your choice of ammo. You mentioned a good alternative in your post the Wildcat. The impact is in a totally different price point.
With all this being said, I would be happy to send you a FREE unused OEM Daystate Regal shroud that is terminated in 1/2 UNF that I purchased from AoA so you can buy and install an LDC of your choice. I would be happy to send it to you if the following are met:
  • It is legal at your location to shoot airguns
  • you are unable to separate the 1/2 UNF adapter from the OEM airstream moderator
  • you would like to do this to achieve backyard friendly (stealth ain't happening)
  • you pay for packaging (cardboard tube) and shipping from me in VA to you.
  • you agree to help out another airgunner in the future
PM me if I can help.
very generous, I would have taken you up on this offer if I hadn't already purchased a replacement adapter.

Reactions: mmahoney
Update:. Recieved my adapter today.
removing the moderator was cake, came right off. The stock 1/2 x 20 adapter stayed inside the stock moderator unfortunately, and I wasnt Keen on destroying the stock one to get it out(it's recessed).

The rifle is now extremely quiet, I am very impressed. Thanks everyone for the help!
e16d419369148ed70b66a69bd2dbdaa3.jpg
2ec7e875bb578fb89a7d1804940f31bb.jpg
7f93e6438293b702ee0586a700254255.jpg

Is the factory moderator composite or metal? I'm about to try to heat this factory one up in hopes that it will loosen at the distal end of the shroud adapter and not get left inside the moderator like yours. 

Anyone heat theirs up like that? I just want to make sure I won't melt anything. I guess it doesn't matter though. Not like I'll need the factory moderator. 

I've tried to unscrew it manually, but it won't come off and I'm not going to gorilla it. 

Anyway, anyone who has heated theirs up, I'd appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks. 

"BeachGunner"Is the factory moderator composite or metal? I'm about to try to heat this factory one up in hopes that it will loosen at the distal end of the shroud adapter and not get left inside the moderator like yours. 

Anyone heat theirs up like that? I just want to make sure I won't melt anything. I guess it doesn't matter though. Not like I'll need the factory moderator. 

I've tried to unscrew it manually, but it won't come off and I'm not going to gorilla it. 

Anyway, anyone who has heated theirs up, I'd appreciate any feedback. 

Thanks.
it is metal of some kind. Aluminum I'd guess. Heating from the muzzle end about 2/3 of the way down the moderator is where the connection between the adapter and the moderator is...keep in .in though that the adapter isn't very big 

"DellaDog"Pardon the hijack, but how did you mount that bipod to the Regal? Ive been reluctant to add anything to the thin stock forend.
Another way to do this is to install a sling stud (I used Uncle Mikes, good quality) and then a Harris Bipod. I've had this on my Huntsman Regal for a few years, and am very happy. I use a sling for off hand, and the bipod for bench. Make sure to get the 747 S-lock as an add on if you get a swivel bipod. Makes a huge difference.

fb6079434b3d38049e603a4b95c1fec8.jpg
This thread has me sold on getting the sumo for my regal as well! Every time I think I have all the Airgun accessories I need I just find something else that I "MUST" have. Lol. I like to squirrel hunt with mine and if the sumo makes the regal as quiet as you guys say then I want one. I was able to remove the airstream but my adapter came out with it. Where is the best place to get an extra 1/2 x20 adapter? Should I buy it from AOA or does DonnyFL sell those too?

"aviatorj74"
fb6079434b3d38049e603a4b95c1fec8.jpg
This thread has me sold on getting the sumo for my regal as well! Every time I think I have all the Airgun accessories I need I just find something else that I "MUST" have. Lol. I like to squirrel hunt with mine and if the sumo makes the regal as quiet as you guys say then I want one. I was able to remove the airstream but my adapter came out with it. Where is the best place to get an extra 1/2 x20 adapter? Should I buy it from AOA or does DonnyFL sell those too?
the sumo is really impressive imo. I think if you were shooting at ranges greater then 30yds without anything to reflect the hammer sound forward, you would have a good chance that other squirrels/pests wouldn't even hear the shot. They would only see their buddy drop.

As far as the adapter, I dunno if Donnyfl sells them (wouldn't hurt to ask). AoA has them for 40 bucks, you can also get them from daystates website for something like 8 british pounds. Not sure on shipping costs, timeframe, or exchange rate from england though. I opted to spend more from AoA and get it quick.