• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate regal air leak

So I've had my daystate regal since the beginning of the summer. I bought it from a user on here, and things have been great... Very happy with it.
I went to do some shooting this weekend and discovered there was no air in the gun. It had around 200bar when I put it up. So I filled it up, and checked it the next day, it had lost 30 -40bar. After a couple days of sitting it will completely discharge. Now, I understand warranties unfortunately don't transfer, as the the gun is only a year old.
Where do I start getting this fixed? Any idea what it would cost to send it back to AoA and have them fix it?

Statichost, before you snug it up some more, mix a little dish detergent with water and make a little slurry. Take the action out of the stock and leak check the gun with the slurry. If you have a small paint brush or even q tip, dab it in the slurry and apply it around the sealing surface of the gauge and look for air bubbles. If you over tighten the gauge you risk snapping it and releasing a great deal of pressure inches away from your face. Not fun, compressed air is really dangerous stuff. If it's leaking there it's most likely a dry rotted o ring that's fairly easy to replace. Since the gun is loosing pressure so rapidly, wait for it to bleed out and then remove the gauge and replace the o ring. Most hardware stores carry o rings and if not, I'm sure a quick Google search will find a supplier close to your house. Use a small amount of silicon lube on the o ring so it doesn't tear when tightening it back down. Leak check all mating surfaces for additional leaks

Statichost, I had a Regal for a couple of years and it developed a leak in the valve. If it's not obviously external like around the gauge or the gauge weep hole on the side of the gauge or the Foster fill nipple then it might be the valve. I tried sealing the end of the barrel with a small balloon after removing the shroud and leaving the bolt closed but didn't find anything that way. I ended up pulling the receiver and barrel off as a unit and checking the transfer port directly with soapy water. Bubbles appeared on the transfer port so I knew it was the valve. I ended up opening up the valve and replacing a free floating seal there to fix the problem. Not to bad of a repair. Holler if you need any help.
JK