• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Redwolf Safari Owners - looking for input

I recently sold off a couple rifles and have the hankering for a new Daystate Redwolf Safari... the thing is I can’t decide if I want a .22 or .25.... my question for owners out there... What shot count, accuracy, and pellets are you using in your Safari and what power level. I’ll be using mine primarily for varmint hunting here in the southwest so the potential to take a 150 yard shot is common. I have a Wolverine R in .22 cal tuned to 32 ft lbs and the power is fine and accuracy excellent but I want something that shoots a bit flatter and bucks the wind better without switching to a rimfire. Anyone have any advice, experiences to share or opinions? Thanks in advance. 

As Rob says, the 25 is definitely the ART barrel. It's where we began with the ART project. I have a Safari 25 and a RW HP 22 and have been testing the 30 some. They all shoot extremely well, even past 100. I personally prefer the 22 because the ammo is a bit less expensive. I really haven't been able to see an advantage at the ranges I shoot on MOST occasions. Sometimes it does seem that the heavy 25 and 30 don't get blown as much but mostly it just doesn't seem to matter. They all shoot pretty incredible. No denying the WHACK of a 30, though.

If you really do plan to hunt varmints... not bunnies, at over 150, the 25 shooting 34 gn or slugs would be a better choice. The 30 has tested incredibly well with some NSA 47 or 49 gn slugs in 2 different rifles so far as well.

Nice rifles. ..

Bob

Hi! Thomas!! Can't wait for you and Keith to shoot this thing!! It is to say the least Incredible!! Don't know if I won the "barrel lottery" or what but this is the easiest shooting rifle I have ever shot!! I can't wait till I can shoot it in good conditions!! Only have about 100 pellets through it so far but 5 shot groups in a 1/2 inch at 100 yards is an easy feat!! Have not had one flier yet!! only took 3 shots to sight it in!! If I don't shoot well with this gun in competition this summer it "Aint the guns fault" 😉😄👍

Socaltrail, Would I recommend the .30 cal. Safari? So far all i can say is WOW!!!! Absolutely !!!!! I know this isn't a cheap gun by any means but like the saying goes "buy once cry once" I'm crying tears of joy every time I look at it!! J.L. McMurray Pa

I have posted my 47 yard groups with my new safari .30 last week, today with little to no wind I was able to test at 70 yards. My zero is 40 yards , Strelok said 27 clicks for 70 yards with my 860 fps that I verified threw my chrono. My group was a tad high so corrected to 25 clicks. 3 five shot groups less than 1/2 at 70 yards. Unbelievable. Then changed the BC in my settings to verify the correct sight in of 25 clicks.

This rifle is amazing. One of my groups put three pellets threw the same hole at 70 yards. Hopefully I will get the chance to stretch it further and further verify my strelok settings.