Daystate Redwolf Safari FPS fluctuation

I have a Safari and have not had this occurrence happen to me. I’m no expert but a couple of questions:

Assuming you are confident that your Crony is accurate and have ruled that out, what is your LCD ( BAR pressure) at when you notice this big spread? Also, what have been your typical Chrony readings in the past? Have you had some consistent ES spreads of less than 20 in the past? I consistently get ES spreads in 10-20 range, and often 10-15 range as a comparison. 

Is you gun holding air with a steady BAR reading after several hours of non-use? no leaks? Assume you are not shooting below the “low pressure” warning, but can you confirm?

Have you called your local UK dealer to inquire? Have you tried calling or emailing Daystate tech support? 

Many other very knowledgeable AGN RW owners may chime in to assist, but I’m scratching my head too. Good luck.

Following...

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for taking the time to answer,

I have no reason to doubt the chrono but can verify that the accuracy is so poor that I chronoed it to check.

Normal spread would be less than 5 with my preferred slugs.

Gun holds air and always filled when low pressure warning shows.

Calling Daystate is a non starter as their customer service is not great, so thought i would start by asking on here.

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for taking the time to answer,

I have no reason to doubt the chrono but can verify that the accuracy is so poor that I chronoed it to check.

Normal spread would be less than 5 with my preferred slugs.

Gun holds air and always filled when low pressure warning shows.

Calling Daystate is a non starter as their customer service is not great, so thought i would start by asking on here.

Ray, 

That eliminates a couple of ideas I had thought I would try, if the I had the same issue. I experienced the same delay with contacting DS directly. I’m now thinking it could be something internal to the board, but that’s just a guess. Electronic guns are tricky to troubleshoot for me anyway. Can you send it back under 3 year ( or possibly 5 year ) warranty? Assume you will go that route if you strike out here. 

Let’s see if some more knowledgeable RW people weigh in for their thoughts.