DAYSTATE Redwolf Replacement battery on the cheap .. more "Cap" too !

More CAPACITY ... 2000 mah / 3s / 30c rating verses the factory 800 mah / 3s / 20c ;)

I lost 1 cell in my factory battery & needed a replacement .... No where could I find a replacement battery that ONLY came with a 4 pin balanced charging plug and NO primary power connector that's typically used in LiPo :cry: So I tried a couple 3S batteries used in my R/C racing buggy and sure enough using the balance connector on them connected to the rifle it powered right up and worked like it should.

Well then ... lets search for a similar sized 3s battery with the smallest / shortest Power lead ? FOUND ONE with a mini power lead and connector.
See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384845724554

For less than $20 to my door was worth a gamble ... SCORE !!! :cool: The battery fits, powers up rifle via balance lead & Mini connector stows away w/o issue.

The Factory Daystate battery ( From AOA ) is $50 plus postage I'll assume. This one is 2 1/2 times the capacity !! and 1/2 again greater current output ( amp draw ) for less than $20 My Heliboard equipped wolf is now rockin it .... Refresh has never been so quick. Seeing about 2 seconds+ there about.

NOW BE AWARE .... My Redwolf is a Standard, tho has the 11.1 Volt battery ... if you have an HP ? and battery it uses is similar and connects via the 4 pin balance lead for primary connection you should be good to go.

THIS IS JUST AN FYI on what I found out and upgraded too .... Your ability to do the same is Your Responsibility to determine.

Last edited:
I have other wolf owners that did the same thing to their wolfs for a extra battery. Same battery as well. *Did you have to cut off the other connector to make it fit? I have one on order for my wolf Hp. Thank you for putting this up there.
*Battery fit w/o removing / cutting primary power lead.
BONUS is the battery now can be charged on a Hobby LiPO balance Charger where primary power for charging is primary lead & balance charge on individual cels done via 4 wire conection. *TRUE BALANCE CHARGING.

1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Nice! Delta/Alpha Wolf uses same battery as Red Wolf with 11.1 vdc battery.
Yes, I use replacement batteries from Amazon.com for both my RWs and my DW. Best thing to do is find one the correct size, and the right voltage (in this case, 11.1 vdc LiPo). I haven't tried leaving the large connector on the battery and always clip those two leads and shrink wrap, then tie them back. PS., don't try cutting both leads at the same time with a wire cutter - unless you want a fire...

Reactions: Stone02 and kelly1
GCU1 =7.4v or 2s (2 cell) LiPo.
GCU2 =11.1v or 3s (3cell) LiPo

Each cell of a LiPo battery is 3.7v nominal voltage.

On the factory battery included with a TedWolf airgun from Daystate, it only has a balance connector.
The balance connector of a LiPo battery consists of wires based upon the number of cells. A 2s LiPo balance connector has three wires = a common positive, and a negative wire that goes to each individual cell. Hence, three wires. A 3s LiPo balance connector has 4 wires = a common positive, and a negative wire that goes to each individual cell. Hence, four wires.
If you have a quality hobby grade charger, you can fast charge, charge, balance charge, storage charge and discharge. A LiPo battery likes to be taken care of, especially if long term life is what one seeks out of it.

I use this basic hobby grade charger as it suits my needs fine for my limited RC hobbies and now a Blue Wolf.

image.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
OK totally dumb on Lipos. Looking at these balance chargers it looks like they use one jack to charge and one to charge? So how would you balance charge/discharge a DW battery since it only has the one lead?

And, seems I need to disconnect that tiny hard to reach connector to balance charge or discharge? I don’t shoot my DW a lot so would be doing this exercise a bunch?

OK totally dumb on Lipos. Looking at these balance chargers it looks like they use one jack to charge and one to charge? So how would you balance charge/discharge a DW battery since it only has the one lead?

And, seems I need to disconnect that tiny hard to reach connector to balance charge or discharge? I don’t shoot my DW a lot so would be doing this exercise a bunch?
If you want your LiPo batt to last, you will want to keep it at ‘storage’ level after your day of shooting. Basically ~3.85v per cell. No , biggie as it takes about 30 minutes to either discharge, or charge these small batteries.

If you want to charge/discharge your DW batt that has only the balance connector, you will need to solder up a jumper, or buy one.
You will still connect the balance connector to the balance port, but the outer two leads of the balance will need to be jumped over to the +\- of the main output of the charger, being mindful of the polarities. That simple.

This is my hack
image.jpg

Reactions: SunnysideScott