Tuning DAYSTATE REDWOLF LEAKING FROM BARREL

Hi everyone.

My RW has developed a slight leak from the area of the block where the barrel attaches ( see pic) does anyone know if there is a specific O ring that might be faulty and be causing this? its NOT the fill port dowty washer and or the oring that sits in the carbon fiber bottle and is definitely coming from inside the block and when i put my thumb over the pellet port and where the barrel slides into i can feel air pressure building up.

any help would be appreciated, here in the UK my warranty has expired ( 3 years) so with the help of a youtube video i am able to safely disassemble the RW but it doesnt go into detail on which O ring is which.

Paul.
20220108_151536.1641655546.jpg
20220108_151545.1641655615.jpg

The exhaust valve would seem to be the only culprit. It seals against a Harper style PEEK seal. This would only be available as a Daystate part. Removing the 4 screws for the block allows it to be slid out and the valve and PEEK seal will come out. The valve stem oring really should be replaced at the same time as it is the highest wear part in a RW. This entails sliding the valve body out. That's held by the trigger block mount screw and mag index assembly. You could just slide the block out and see if there is crud or damage on the PEEK seal.

Bob

Reactions: Redwolfpaul25
I've never had my RW apart, but if air is coming up through the transfer port, would it not have to be leaking around or through the main valve? If so, I suppose it could be either an O ring seal, or the valve seat, not sure what materials are involved. I know that's no help, just thinking out loud. When you discover the issue, please post that information, it would be good to know.